Need some advice please.....

Currently US Passport holder....

On a non o metv married to a Thai national....I leave every 90 days...non o expires September...

This is alot of what it's...with the current situation....covid 19...

Right now...no border runs... understand...I'm good til June 14... assuming nothing changes...borders still closed...get 60 day extension...gets me till August...pray that borders open up....

Here's my dilemma...I got 2 full pages left in passport...there is room for entry and exit stamps...I know extension takes half a page...

If borders are still closed...could I apply extension of stay...showing funds etc...meaning I don't have to leave Bangkok....I think I can get another extension cause I'm applying for a visa... consideration stamp or a 30 day....

If borders are open...can go to Burma..without taking a visa page...get the 90 day...then get new passport....if services are still offered...

Need some advice please.....right now my embassy is not doing passport services...only option is emergency passport....sorry for the long stuff....

If the borders are still closed in June, they will probably continue offering automatic extensions, this doesn't take up any space in your passport. Once the automatic extensions stop you can get the 60 days to visit your wife.

Edited by Maestro
Removed incomprehensible part of the post

If you can show 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or have proof of at least 2 transfers of 40k baht or more from abroad you could apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage in mid May up to June 14th. Or you could apply for a 60 extension to visit you wife and then apply for the one year extension near the end of it.

I certain you should be able to apply for a new passport by June. The passport centers in the states should be working by then. Keep checking the embassy website for updated info.

The may open the borders to Myanmar by June but whether border passes will be available or not is hard to say. You might have to apply for a visa to do it.

• Like 1

Everyone is guessing about what will be happening a couple of months from now. My own view is that border runs are likely to remain problematic for a long time, even when borders are technically open. I cannot imagine any countries neighbouring Thailand having extensive testing facilities for Covid-19 (allowing people to enter following rapid result tests at the border) and countries will remain extremely concerned about the prospect of imported cases. If you find a nearby country with relaxed entry requirements, you are likely to find it tough returning to Thailand.

• Like 1

Ubonjoe...thank you...ill keep my eyes open and look for updates about the passport services....

In the case that they don't have services still for passports...and borders are still closed...get extension for 60 days...and then what....wait again...

9 minutes ago, NUNZIO said:

In the case that they don't have services still for passports...and borders are still closed...get extension for 60 days...and then what....wait again...

All you can do is wait to see what happens.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you can show 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or have proof of at least 2 transfers of 40k baht or more from abroad you could apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage in mid May up to June 14th. Or you could apply for a 60 extension to visit you wife and then apply for the one year extension near the end of it.

I certain you should be able to apply for a new passport by June. The passport centers in the states should be working by then. Keep checking the embassy website for updated info.

The may open the borders to Myanmar by June but whether border passes will be available or not is hard to say. You might have to apply for a visa to do it.

If Myanmar does open (land borders or otherwise), isn't there also the dilemma of $100K Covid insurance, plus getting a "Covid-free" medical certificate prior to being able to re-enter Thailand?

3 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

If Myanmar does open (land borders or otherwise), isn't there also the dilemma of $100K Covid insurance, plus getting a "Covid-free" medical certificate prior to being able to re-enter Thailand?

It remains to seen what requirements will be imposed for travel to Thailand when the borders are opened again.