COVID-19 active screening campaign tackles Bang Tao

rooster59

COVID-19 active screening campaign tackles Bang Tao

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1587196627_1-org.jpg

Governor Phakaphong Tavipatana inaugurates the campaign to proactively screen the Bang Tao area for the COVID-19 coronavirus. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Governor Phakaphong Tavipatana this morning (Apr 18) oversaw a ceremony to initiate the active COVID-19 screening campaign within the Bang Tao community.

Officials from the Mu Ka Rom Bang Thao Mosque at Choeng Thale Subdistrict, Thalang District joined the Governor for the occasion.

“Everyone already knows that the COVID-19 virus has spread to many countries around the world, including Phuket, causing a large number of patients,” the Governor commented at the ceremony.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/covid-19-active-screening-campaign-tackles-bang-tao-75755.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-04-19

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Governor Phakaphong Tavipatana this morning (Apr 18) oversaw a ceremony to initiate the active COVID-19 screening campaign within the Bang Tao community

Officials from the Mu Ka Rom Bang Thao Mosque at Choeng Thale Subdistrict, Thalang District joined the Governor for the occasion.

Ceremony? Ceremony?

They just can't get on with just doing their jobs can they? Even in a (literally) life-threatening situation like this there's a pathetic need for drama.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This is what happens when religion gets in the way. 

They don't talk about it but the reason Bang Tao is a hotspot because of religious gatherings. A rich Muslim family had just returned from a pilgrimage in Indonesia and came back bearing gifts and what ever. 

If a westerner had been the cause the news would have been all over it. 

Farang bad, Thai good. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, hansgruber said:

They don't talk about it but the reason Bang Tao is a hotspot because of religious gatherings. A rich Muslim family had just returned from a pilgrimage in Indonesia and came back bearing gifts and what ever. 

Farang bad, Thai good. 

Interesting.  I have been wondering why all the coverage about Bang Tao lately, it must be a lot worse than what is being told to the general public.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

Interesting.  I have been wondering why all the coverage about Bang Tao lately, it must be a lot worse than what is being told to the general public.

I am right in the middle of it and yes from what I am hearing, not witnessing as I am well and truly isolated, there are a lot more cases springing up than are being reported.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hansgruber said:

Farang bad, Thai good. 

There seem to be lots of cases returning from Indonesia, but the country itself has really low numbers. Looks like no/hardly any testing done there, even (far) less than here.

The Temperature Takers just came through our street.

Three masked and gloved individuals came to the gate to test us and take names. There seemed to be about another 6-8 people in the back of the truck. (if the 3000 volunteers are going to travel in such large groups it will take until the next pandemic to get to everyone)

We tested ok and were given a sticker to put on the letter box testifying our place is free of the plague.

I think you get a different colored sticker if you have dead to bring out when the ox cart comes.

• Haha 2