Outbound flight cancelled

alyx

On 4/22/2020 at 5:31 PM, Pedrogaz said:

Ours was cancelled for a flight on April 30th. No refunds. Just the offer of a useless voucher which has proved impossible to obtain. F*** Thai

Which airline ?

2 hours ago, treetops said:

You are incorrect.  If the flight originates in Thailand you are only covered by EU261 if it is on an EU carrier.  The OP was flying from Thailand with a non-EU carrier (Thai Airways) so it doesn't matter whether he lands  in the EU or not, he is not covered.

Not sure about the refund as I have not enquired about it. Nonetheless, I am an EU citizen, while my partner is not, and I have been given the choice of new dates. Unfortunately our tickets will only be valid until December the 15th of this year and that is where there is a problem: I would rather delay our trip until next summer than taking the risk to book a date, even for September or October, as, on one had France might decide, along the other EU members, to close their borders, if not all of Europe borders, allowing only the EU residents to move around more or less freely inside Europe. Then, an even bigger problem would be to make sure that we are not refused at the Thai border upon our return to Thailand.

Stuck either way and hoping to get a better deal with Thai airways when I visit their office early June

On 4/22/2020 at 6:19 AM, Jumbo1968 said:

B.A. cancelled our flights for the 12th of May, mines was a return Newcastle to BKK via Heathrow, my partner and sons is the return leg. B.A.advised me in an the email to go to their website to either change dates or claim a refund. To predict a travel date is impossible so I opted for a refund, I was redirected to a Voucher Application Page. If I wanted a refund I would need to call them, impossible after going through the various press this that and the other you receive a message to say they are busy then the call ends, I have trying for 2 weeks now.

Under E.U. Law B.A.because are based in the U.K I am entitled to a refund to be paid within 14 days. I called my bank to try to see if I could raise a dispute via my C.C. To do that I have to prove the flights have been cancelled and they have refused to refund any monies. 

The Banking Rep. said Air Fares could double in the near future so if in the end I opt for a voucher what would be the value of it. I have ‘tweeted’ B.A. regards this but I am still waiting for a reply.

if Air Fares double Tourism globally will take a huge hit although I can’t see airlines flying empty aircraft ?

Try calling the USA number during USA business hours.  I did about 2 weeks ago and had my refund processed in about 10 or so minutes total.  1 (800) 247-9297.  Given the uncertainty moving forward cash beats a voucher