Chaiyaphum partygoer found dead after contracting Covid-19

webfact

Chaiyaphum partygoer found dead after contracting Covid-19

By The Nation

800_3ed5b27e01f16d4.jpg

A Chaiyaphum partygoer was found dead at night on Monday, with a medic finding Covid-19 in his blood and saliva.

Pichit Paeyor, 43, was a construction worker in Pathum Thani province. He had returned to his hometown in Chatturat district on March 28.

Pichit was a “partygoer by nature” and did not quarantine himself when he returned from Pathum Thani. He instead decided to hang out and drink with his friends.

Police from Chatturat Station were notified yesterday that he was found dead in front of his friend’s house.

A medic who visited the scene collected the man’s blood sample and saliva for a test, the result of which showed he had contracted Covid-19.

The officers are interrogating his family and friends. They have also urged his family to burn his body today (April 21) as they are afraid the virus will spread.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386469

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-21

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

RIP. I'm sure he won't be the only one that returned and didn't quarantine himself, thereby spreading the virus. I wonder, as this was outside a hospital, if his death will make the official statistics.

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Police from Chatturat Station were notified yesterday that he was found dead in front of his friend’s house.

{snipped}

The officers are interrogating his family and friends. They have also urged his family to burn his body today (April 21) as they are afraid the virus will spread.

Only a week or two ago weren't we told there was no way of contracting the virus from a corpse?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Only a week or two ago weren't we told there was no way of contracting the virus from a corpse?

Read an article that a corpse contracts the virus for a "few hours".

Forgot the details.

• Like 1

It brings up the point as to where the death was registered and how accurate the figures released by MoPH are.

DrTuner picked up on that earlier in the thread, 1 death reported on the 21st Apr (taxi driver) and none reported on 3 days previous to this. Also read on another thread that Phuket has reported another death; same question, where was this registered?

Yes, I know it sounds petty but IMO the sources of the fatality data should be made clear as this is the biggest indicator as to the state of the virus if 100% testing of the population hasn't been carried out.

Edit: Sorry, the reference to Phuket was the report of another infected person and not a death.

Edited by chrisinth
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Thunder26 said:

That was fake news from misinformed Thai ministers. The virus can stay in dead bodies for days. The virus still reproduces even after the patient's death. It reproduces in the cells of the respiratory system. If the virus can survive for a period of time on surfaces, why shouldn't it survive in a dead body? That's common sense.

That’s an interesting theory - yes the viral particles may remain in the corpse - but to carry on reproducing ! 
A virus in no way is a living organism- this one is just RNA and proteins - complex yes.- but really just a bunch of chemicals.

It has to hijack a living cell and requires requires energy and components of a living cell to copy itself- cellular function ceases if you are dead .

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Thunder26 said:

That was fake news from misinformed Thai ministers. The virus can stay in dead bodies for days. The virus still reproduces even after the patient's death. It reproduces in the cells of the respiratory system. If the virus can survive for a period of time on surfaces, why shouldn't it survive in a dead body? That's common sense.

Please provide the source for your information. As far as i know there is not any evidence to this, and frankly it seems unlikely, so i would like to know how was this tested

16 hours ago, bluesofa said:

There was another news report of transmission via corpse. Looks like it is a thing.

2 hours ago, peterb17 said:

That’s an interesting theory - yes the viral particles may remain in the corpse - but to carry on reproducing ! 
A virus in no way is a living organism- this one is just RNA and proteins - complex yes.- but really just a bunch of chemicals.

It has to hijack a living cell and requires requires energy and components of a living cell to copy itself- cellular function ceases if you are dead .

Transplant surgeons must remove kidneys, livers and hearts from donors within thirty minutes of death and get them into recipients inside six hours. Skin cells, meanwhile, are longer lived. Grafts can still be successful if taken 12 hours after death.

source: BBC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

{snipped}

Is there something wrong with taking sensible and doable precautions?

21 hours ago, rbkk said:

RIP. I'm sure he won't be the only one that returned and didn't quarantine himself, thereby spreading the virus. I wonder, as this was outside a hospital, if his death will make the official statistics.

A good point. That 'policy' has recently been exposed in the UK, unstating the death toll by around 4000 as only those who died of the virus in hospital were counted. Those who died in care homes and elsewhere were not included until now.

Not unlike the way Thailand counts road deaths, only in reverse. Those who die in hospital from accidents are not included.

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Pichit was a “partygoer by nature” and did not quarantine himself when he returned from Pathum Thani. He instead decided to hang out and drink with his friends.

Who might now be sweating.. pun intended.

Dont worry the free and extensive testing conducted in all provinces will keep us safe!!!

Nothing to see here move along please ..... he had mixed too much alcohol with the 10 daily paracetamol the village doctor prescribed in lieu of a covid 19 test for his laboured breathing and high temperature.

Next 50 please.

Edited by sapson
  • Like 1

"Pichit was a “partygoer by nature” and did not quarantine himself when he returned from Pathum Thani. He instead decided to hang out and drink with his friends." - noted from above

Zero sympathy from me. 

I love to party.   

But while Coronavirus and Covid19 are presently affecting humans Worldwide, I've put my urge to party on hold.  

Too bad for him...his selfishness cost him his life...with respect to Coronavirus social rules.

1 hour ago, Lipoman said:

"Pichit was a “partygoer by nature” and did not quarantine himself when he returned from Pathum Thani. He instead decided to hang out and drink with his friends." - noted from above

Zero sympathy from me. 

I love to party.   

But while Coronavirus and Covid19 are presently affecting humans Worldwide, I've put my urge to party on hold.  

Too bad for him...his selfishness cost him his life...with respect to Coronavirus social rules.

How did his selfishness cost him his life?What was the cause of death?Was he asymptomatic and murdered?You seem pretty eager to make judgements about someone based on a few sketchy lines in a news article.

Edited by FarFlungFalang

As for how could somebody just drop dead because of corona:

https://www.mdlinx.com/internal-medicine/article/6590

But, ACE2 is also found in heart muscles and the cells that line blood vessels. In addition, ACE2 is part of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system, which regulates cardiovascular function, kidney function, and blood pressure.

Given the association with ACE2, researchers are suggesting that COVID-19 can damage the heart directly. In a study conducted in Wuhan Province, China, nearly 20% of hospitalized patients with COVID-19 showed signs of heart damage. Half of the patients with heart damage died, compared with 4.5% of COVID-19 patients without heart damage.

High blood pressure is rampant in Thailand, thanks to sodium in fish sauce and MSG. Even if asymptomatic, which I theorize a large portion of Thais are/have been, this could happen.

21 hours ago, bluesofa said:

"Even after death, COVID-19 could be contagious, a new report finds. 

A forensic practitioner working in Bangkok, Thailand, most likely caught the virus from a deceased patient, according to the report, which was posted online April 11 as a preprint for the Journal of Forensic and Legal Medicine."

"The bodies of patients who die from Covid-19 are not contagious, the Department of Medical Services (DMS) claimed in a move to dispel fears as the country suffered three more deaths from the disease yesterday.

Dr Somsak Akhasilp, the DMS director-general, said the virus dies when its host dies and there is no chance of it being transmitted to another person."

So? Who to believe?

The virus is in fecal matter.   Locally they ate looking at monitoring sewage plants to gauge the infection  trends in local  areas.    Dont tell me the virus dies when a human heart stops.  Why did china go crazy burning bodies.  Chinese are not stupid.   Misguided maybe.