Soldiers compensate parents of drug suspect who died after interrogation

snoop1130

14 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

And you know for a fact that he was a drug dealer, do you have some insight into these people and there lives, or once again just being a cynic because you also believe that innocent folks are never stopped and arrested, much less beaten...hope you never find yourself in a similar position because you were just unlucky to have some one believe you were a bad person and then a situation as such befell you.  I actually feel sorry for you

They obviously had good reason he was a drug dealer. I don't think he was randomly picked up. Is it better to put him thru the courts, then incarcerate him for the rest of his life at the taxpayers expense? That's why the US has the highest number of convicts in the world. A bullet or a beTing saves money and sends a message! 

What do you think happens in these drug chases in Thailand, the driver of the truck ALWAYS ends up shot. Good on them.

slap on the wrist and they are back at it as soon as they are out of jail.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/21/2020 at 6:36 PM, snoop1130 said:

Soldiers on Monday handed Bt10,000 in compensation to Niwat Saisa, 59, father of the victim, saying the Task Force would also take care of the funeral costs.

I'm assuming the $300 compensation for beating the suspect to death is suppose to be a cruel joke?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

They obviously had good reason he was a drug dealer. I don't think he was randomly picked up. Is it better to put him thru the courts, then incarcerate him for the rest of his life at the taxpayers expense? That's why the US has the highest number of convicts in the world. A bullet or a beTing saves money and sends a message! 

What do you think happens in these drug chases in Thailand, the driver of the truck ALWAYS ends up shot. Good on them.

How many people in USA serving life under 3 strikes rule? 
Studies on capital punishment disprove your theory on “sending” a message. 
There is direct correlation between education, crime and poverty.

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/21/2020 at 5:40 AM, Curt1591 said:

Three hundred bucks and a few wais. Life is, indeed, cheap in Thailand! 

My ex pen-pal Thai lady has not picked up $100 for her birthday present yet. It's been 20 days. So saving face costs more than life, I guess. 

10 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

You sincerely believe that he was a drug dealer.  People get things wrong all the times, especially the folks who serve warrants, sometimes they go to the wrong house, or on the wrong street.  Where does it say he was a drug dealer....do you have info we do not have purview too.  I would hope that no one shows up at your house unannounced and carries you away to be tortured because they just wanted to in order to beat a confession on of you for whatever reason.....I think you have a screw loose if you believe that the only time people are taken away is when they are guilty....think again

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Another 5 minutes in Thailand expert who thinks they know things operate, just another few months needed to become a true expert. 

However, don't get me wrong, anyone caught fair and square pushing drugs should be given the long drop.