RIP Pattaya

Silent Tiger

4 minutes ago, Leaver said:

The Chinese owned Thai companies mainly employ 300 baht a day Thai employees.   Many are from other areas in Thailand.  These staff members live cheaply here, and send money to their family in another provinces every money, so that's money leaving the Pattaya economy.

I am sure you know this.  

You are trying to make out the mega wealthy Chinese holiday here.  They don't. Why would they?

I didn't say the mega rich chinese were holidaying here, I said they were buying up apartments in the 30M+ range - check this with any of the local realtors selling these properties.

Do try to keep up

• Like 1

The Chinese owned Thai companies mainly employ 300 baht a day Thai employees.   Many are from other areas in Thailand.  These staff members live cheaply here, and send money to their family in another provinces every money, so that's money leaving the Pattaya economy.

I am sure you know this.  

You are trying to make out the mega wealthy Chinese holiday here.  They don't. Why would they?

I didn't say the mega rich chinese were holidaying here, I said they were buying up apartments in the 30M+ range - check this with any of the local realtors selling these properties.

Do try to keep up

1 minute ago, crobe said:

The people working in there are on the same sort of salaries as those working in the rest of the bars in Pattaya. Go ask any of the service girls or cashiers in the bars you go to - they are on about 6k per month - they also send money back to their families in the provinces

I don't have a problem with what they do with their money - why do you?

You bitterness is showing again - you just want to find reasons to put the local people down

Do you really think 6000 baht Thai salaries, a lot of which is sent home, is what made Pattaya prosperous? 

Do you have any idea how much the hookers make, on top of their 6000 baht a month?

1 minute ago, crobe said:

Do try to keep up

I wouldn't believe a word a local real estate agent says.  Do you really believe them?  I'm now guessing you are one of them.  Time for you to head back to your home country.  The party is over. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

Do you really think 6000 baht Thai salaries, a lot of which is sent home, is what made Pattaya prosperous? 

Do you have any idea how much the hookers make, on top of their 6000 baht a month?

I don't ask them

If they make a lot then good for them

Why do you object if they send this back to their families?

And just because someone is only earning 6k a month does not mean they are worth any less, and yes, it is the service girls the shop assistants, the hotel cleaners, the food sellers, the waitresses and all the others who make Pattaya what it is   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I wouldn't believe a word a local real estate agent says.  Do you really believe them?  I'm now guessing you are one of them.  Time for you to head back to your home country.  The party is over. 

I already told you, I work here - my main client is the government - I have no interests in real estate other than the house I live in

Do keep up

Just now, crobe said:

I don't ask them

If they make a lot then good for them

Why do you object if they send this back to their families?

And just because someone is only earning 6k a month does not mean they are worth any less, and yes, it is the service girls the shop assistants, the hotel cleaners, the food sellers, the waitresses and all the others who make Pattaya what it is   

I don't object to anything. 

You are the one saying that some 6000 baht a month Thai staff, possibly working for a Chinese owned Thai company, is great for Thailand, and great for the local Pattaya economy.  It's not.  

11 minutes ago, crobe said:

Go ask any of the service girls or cashiers in the bars you go to - they are on about 6k per month - they also send money back to their families in the provinces

They are being paid less that min wages ?

10 minutes ago, crobe said:

I don't know who owns it, or care.

A lot of properties, including some of the gogos or bars that you possibly frequent,  are also owned by rich Thais from Bangkok, I could't care there either.

Do you really investigate who owns the restaurant before you go in for the first time?

The fact is that it was employing people, who then spent their money in the smaller restaurants, food stalls, rented apartments etc. etc.

That is money going into the local economy, supporting the people I would like to see continue in work,

Yes!  Thank you!  Why is this so hard for some to grasp?  Who cares if some of the money goes back to China.  Or Korea.  Or wherever.   When I bought my Honda some of the money went back to Honda in Japan. So, what?  Meanwhile, local people are being employed.  And, when they are employed and earning money, they, in turn, can spend that money in other local businesses, who then also have money to spend locally.   And so on and so on.  That's how it works.   

Right now, the Chinese tourist groups and tourist groups from other countries--supposedly spending ZERO baht locally--are not here.  And, what do we have as a result?  Not enough money in the local economy, not enough local people employed, and hundreds of unemployed standing in line for food handouts.  As I said in my earlier post, there's no clearer evidence of the ridiculous myth of the zero baht tourist than the current stark situation.  Of course, the Chinese and tourist groups from other countries are not the only tourists and visitors contributing to the local economy but, as you said in an earlier post, 'Pattaya needs all of them to survive'.  So true.  

4 minutes ago, Central Pattaya said:

The problem with the likes of Lollypop Leaver and grooming these young Issan farm girls on dating apps is all that is wrong with the place and why Pattaya gets so much bad press all over the world. Taking young girls back to a fan room to listen to Garry Glitter's all time hits after refusing to buy them a lady drink begrudging them a measly 50 baht you can see why so much contempt has been built up over the years.

You meet them in a bar of your choice, hence, no lady drinks involved.  Better looking girls on the apps as well. 

My condo is nice enough that I have been offered quite a few long time freebies, many of which I have gladly accepted.  ????

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

This should be interesting.........pls tell us what the average wage is of a hooker.

The very busy ones make a few baht for sure ( frittered away i'm sure ) but the majority won't be making much.

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

Must have been keeping a low profile then I was here jan,Feb and didn,t notice many.

Actually, many of them do keep a low profile and tend to socialize with other Russians.  And, as I said, many are here as multi-generational families and stick to certain areas of Pattaya.  Had you driven down Naklua Soi 16 by the beach areas of Wong Amat in January and February  you would have seen plenty--all day long but especially in the late afternoon and early evening when they flocked out to the food vendors to buy fresh fruit and vegetables.

1 hour ago, crobe said:

Do try to keep up

And, the not quite mega rich Chinese are buying condos in the 7MB to 11MB range--at least they are from me.   And, it was a bit depressing as the buyers were mostly in their 30s.  When I was in my 30s I barely had two nickels to rub together.

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

You are the one saying that some 6000 baht a month Thai staff, possibly working for a Chinese owned Thai company, is great for Thailand, and great for the local Pattaya economy.  It's not.  

6k is better than 0k.

I always thought the official wages (6k) just gave people a base to run their side jobs.

There's loads of waitress/coffee shop/hairdresser/room service girls earning heaps more on the side.

Edited by BritManToo

Just now, HashBrownHarry said:

This should be interesting.........pls tell us what the average wage is of a hooker.

The very busy ones make a few baht for sure ( frittered away i'm sure ) but the majority won't be making much.

Not hard to work out, Harry.  You can average it, to some degree.  Of course, it all depends on how attractive the girl is, and how hard working she is. 

Let's take your typical Soi 6 hooker.  Say she's on 4000 to 6000 a month appearance money, at 7 days a week.  Maybe she gets taken upstairs twice a shift at 1000 baht, and the odd lady drink a shift at 40 baht commission to her.  

So, 5k baht salary. (averaged)

Say, 1500 baht per shift for boom boom. (averaged) That's 45k baht per month.  (yes, I know, how do you have 1.5 shags. I did say, averaged)  Some girls will get more business, some will get less. 

Let's say she gets only one lady drink a shift, and that's being conservative.  So, that's 1200 baht per month.

Total:  46,200 baht per month.  

Of course, the above figures are pre virus, and with some western tourism.  

What do you think about the above figures?  Wrong?  Right?  Close to the mark?   

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Not hard to work out, Harry.  You can average it, to some degree.  Of course, it all depends on how attractive the girl is, and how hard working she is. 

Let's take your typical Soi 6 hooker.  Say she's on 4000 to 6000 a month appearance money, at 7 days a week.  Maybe she gets taken upstairs twice a shift at 1000 baht, and the odd lady drink a shift at 40 baht commission to her.  

Say, 1500 baht per shift for boom boom. (averaged) That's 45k baht per month.  (yes, I know, how do you have 1.5 shags. I did say, averaged)  Some girls will get more business, some will get less. 

Let's say she gets only one lady drink a shift, and that's being conservative.  So, that's 1200 baht per month.

Based on the munters i've seen of late i'd say there's very few of them that make anywhere near that much.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

6k is better than 0k.

I always thought the official wages (6k) just gave people a base to run their side jobs.

There's loads of waitress/coffee shop/hairdresser/room service girls earning heaps more on the side.

There's also lots of Burmese, Khmer, and Vietnamese, working for Thai's here, earning a lot less.  Simply doing the jobs Thai's will not do.  They send money back to their home country.  How much of their salary benefits the local Pattaya economy?

3 minutes ago, Leaver said:

There's also lots of Burmese, Khmer, and Vietnamese, working for Thai's here, earning a lot less.  Simply doing the jobs Thai's will not do.  They send money back to their home country.  How much of their salary benefits the local Pattaya economy?

Sometimes I work abroad for a stint - of course I send money back to the family in Thailand, a lot of people living here work offshore, send the money back to the Thai wife and kids

I have no problem with this

Why do you have a problem with it?

14 minutes ago, Leaver said:

The figures have a rational base. Based on what a friend earned as a cashier 14 years the salary looks a bit low..... but overall the numbers look sound.

A few can add 'retainers' to that. A few years back I heard of one girl who was getting 70k per month from 3 different boyfriends - her skill was ensuring that none of them were ever in Thailand at the same time.

14 minutes ago, crobe said:

Sometimes I work abroad for a stint - of course I send money back to the family in Thailand, a lot of people living here work offshore, send the money back to the Thai wife and kids

I have no problem with this

Why do you have a problem with it?

I don't have a problem with this.  I have done it myself. 

You have said low paid staff, possibly working for a Chinese company, catering for Chinese tourists, is good for the local Pattaya economy.  I am saying, many of those low paid staff sending money back to their home province, so it leaves the local Pattaya economy, and in relation to migrant workers, it actually leaves Thailand, doesn't actually get to circulate in the local Pattaya economy, except for some 30 baht bowls of noodles. 

Is this big money for the local Pattaya economy?

Do you accept this, or disagree with it? 

On 4/21/2020 at 2:17 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

So what do you think will happen? Lots of fishermen in the future and they will use the bars in Walking Street as warehouses or what's on your mind?

Yes, isn´t it mad how some minds can wonder away? Everybody knows that Pattaya will come back. Maybe not this year, but definitely the year after. Everyone wants their money back.

• Like 1

Not sure why you are singling me out for your posting attention, but I am happy to entertain you.

I don't hate anyone. Show me where I have said that.

If there were only me and hookers here in Pattaya, and no one else, like people like you, I would be very happy.  ????

That makes you very sad indeed!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, crobe said:

And there we have it, the sex tourist who thinks he is so much better than a migrant worker making an honest living and sending money back to their family.

I live here.  I am not a tourists.  I have openly admitted I am living in Pattaya for the nightlife.  I can assure you, it's not for the lousy beach. 

Show me where I have said I am better than a migrant worker.

In fact, I tip the migrant workers more, because more often than not I have been to their ountry / City / Town.  I doubt you have. 

Just now, HashBrownHarry said:

You would be quite happy if it were only you and hookers?

Do i really need to explain, this sums up your intelligence nicely - lol.

Actually, I think it sums up your lack of humor very well.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Based on the munters i've seen of late i'd say there's very few of them that make anywhere near that much.

I agree for sure, soi 6 is a ghetto. But some love it, they say it's full of gorgeous woman? I've seen these guys with these gorgeous woman????????. But whatever floats your boat, different strokes for sure, if they are happy, good on them.

perhaps these guys are the ones who invested in this bottomless pit. I surely hope mr flowers has duped enough investors, as they have to have big pockets to be paying rent on the vast number of bars they are now on the hook for.

my how that turned into such a great investment. 

Sorry I missed the boat.

• Like 1