Punishment for breaking lockdown in Thailand?

Neole

28 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

i got lucky, i went out around 11 pm driving around trying to find food,

didnt find a single edible thing and only saw a few bike taxis

before i went home and trying to fall asleep hungry

Try not to be too upset brokenbone. Get out earlier in the evening to find food.

A tip I saw in a cowboy film once; chew on a leather belt. Drink plenty of water. This C-19 thing will soon pass, and everything will be back to normal.

If you are on your own, try to do a bit of reading. Will take your mind off the hunger.

7 hours ago, Neole said:

3 months prison? 40k baht? Certainly very extreme sounding.. I will get update today as to what penalty is decided by court tomorrow.

shooting on sight would be more appropriate..............:thumbsup:

4 hours ago, brokenbone said:

Bummer...going to bed hungry.  Suggest you buy food and keep it in your home to avoid this scenario in the future...and a possible police hassle.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They are encouraging tough penalties from the top down.  Unfortunately, that gives the brown boys a lot of latitude  on "fines.". Seems to be quite a bit more stringent than 2014, when being out ten or twenty minutes after wasn't a problem if you appeared to be on your way home.  As a foreigner it could escalate quickly..we were warned.

Edited by moontang

5 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Are you serious, Did you REALLY expect to find a food vendor at 11 pm during a curfew?

It's not food you need sunshine!

He didn't say what kind of food seller he wanted and up until a certain date 7's were open 24 hours.   We should try not to jump to conclusions.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, brokenbone said:

Easy to get caught out seeing as curfew only started yesterday..........hey wait a minute........

• Haha 2

It’s not much of a “lockdown” lol I was at Lotus after midnight last night and I saw a few foreigners walking around which is slightly unusual right now. As well as a dozen local nationals in the store last night. 

Edited by zippysteve
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Tony125 said:

That's the maximum fine for not wearing a mask

I’ve spent like maybe 30 seconds in a mask since this began ????. Only a handful of stores are asking people to wear masks really. 

Edited by zippysteve
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

Good for you but doesn't make it any less the law and depending where you are at if an officer wants to inforce it you will be fined up to 20,000 baht in Phuket or up to 100,000 baht in Chon Buri. The rules have been posted so when you are grabbed detained overnight in jail and fined don't complain.

Well, you see that’s the issue what law. Rhetorical question obviously. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, zippysteve said:

Well, you see that’s the issue what law. Rhetorical question obviously. 

Hey no problem up to you, if you want to take that chance the police don't decide to make an example of you go ahead. If they arrest you you don't  have a leg to stand on. Pay the fine or go to jail. Want a court date fine then the judege  will inform you of many signs in English and posted on sites declaring masks must  be worn and you stiill pay fine or go to jail. I am in Laksi area of Bangkok right now but have home in Pattaya. I cannot go into a 7-11 without temp taken, mask and given sanitiser on hands. Same for all supermarkets, malls that have restaurants and Macro Big C

92703870_10220504036244340_9056732408191123456_n.jpg.c6b726a70d738aa029a46dc7a9f875b3.jpg

3 hours ago, zippysteve said:

I’ve spent like maybe 30 seconds in a mask since this began ????. Only a handful of stores are asking people to wear masks really. 

Please, like, don't, like, use like, like in a sentence, like, unless you like, like something. It's like so like millennial like. ????

• Thanks 2