Thai govt and Immigration confirm second visa amnesty - no need to do 90 day reports or extend visas

22 minutes ago, at15 said:

how will this work.... I have a flight to Thailand in May. So on a visa exempt I will also be extended automatically until july 31 without having to go to immigration  or is this only for people caught back in march ? 

If you manage to come here in May, it’s for you too.

Good luck!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, at15 said:

how will this work.... I have a flight to Thailand in May. So on a visa exempt I will also be extended automatically until july 31 without having to go to immigration  or is this only for people caught back in march ? 

I'm 99% certain that you won't be able to enter Thailand with a visa exempt in May, so this is nothing you will have to worry about.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, at15 said:

I don't think there will be any flights coming in for visitors in May.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Except when people on short-term visa exempt or tourist visas have stayed in Thailand without exiting LONGER than 90 days because they did regular short-term extensions or because they have done the prior special one month extension, then they could well reach the 90 day reporting threshold if not otherwise exempted.

Example: 60-day regular tourist visa, plus one normal 30 day extension of the TV, plus lately one one-month extension under the April special order, and then potentially tack on added time under the latest 3 month extension period.

They were not thinking of those cases when they wrote the order. They suspended the 90 day reporting to reduce the number of people needing to show up at a immigration office as per the reason written for the ministerial order.

Another factor to consider in your post is that the first extension application is considered as a 90 day report. The first extension of a 60 day tourist visa would not be over not a total of 90 days but a additional one would take it over 90 days so it would be considered as a 90 day report.

• Thanks 1

Flights to Thailand are suspended until 30 April 2020 17:00 UTC.

Airlines have ramped up their schedules for May and June. 

Obviously assuming im gonna have to quarantine myself in my apartment for 14 days. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mommysboy said:

Like everything in Thailand even printed, unequivocal words don't count for much.  

I have done my yearly extension as normal, and would advise anyone with a non- imm O or B visa to do the same, particularly as immigration offices are so quiet at the moment.

I did my yearly extension of stay yesterday at Chaeng Wattana, ahead of the renewal date on 25 May. Whilst the CW immigration office seemed quieter, in terms of the number of people, the processing time was 4 hours, plus 2 hours door to door. So, by all means extend, but don't expect a great experience doing it. 

6 minutes ago, at15 said:

Flights to Thailand are suspended until 30 April 2020 17:00 UTC.

Airlines have ramped up their schedules for May and June. 

Obviously assuming im gonna have to quarantine myself in my apartment for 14 days. 

Certainly will be extended beyond 30 April

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, marvin1950 said:

So what happens on August 1.  Does everyone have to do there 90 day report then or is there a grace period (7 days)?

Then is your next 90 day reporting date October 30?

Not sure how they will do it. But it will not a immediate requirement to the report if it ends on the July 31st.

The best way would be if they said you needed to the report 90 days from the one you skipped.

What ever they do it will be done so that a bunch of people would not be needing their reports on the same day.

5 minutes ago, cnxnicho said:

Certainly will be extended beyond 30 April

probably but that doesnt mean its going to be extended until 31 july . we will have international arrivals before then. 

Edited by at15

7 minutes ago, malibukid said:

my retirement visa extension is due in June, does this mean that i can now extend it before July 31?

Not really. You should do it when it is due.

There is nothing specific in the order that includes longstay extension of stay. If you skipped it your might have problems applying for it when the exemption ends.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, malibukid said:

my retirement visa extension is due in June, does this mean that i can now extend it before July 31?

No.  You should do at the normal time.  The amnesty is for temporary visitors or people that need to do border runs.  Immigration is open as normal for annual extensions.  The good news is that it should be quiet!

Sorry to bother you all. But I have a question about the visa situation. I arrived 06.03.20 my flight on 26.03.20 was canceled (visa one month due to run out 04.04.20), I got an extension of stay on 01.04.20 till 04.05.20 do I need to go back to immigration or not? Thanks in advance

4 minutes ago, scootypaul said:

Sorry to bother you all. But I have a question about the visa situation. I arrived 06.03.20 my flight on 26.03.20 was canceled (visa one month due to run out 04.04.20), I got an extension of stay on 01.04.20 till 04.05.20 do I need to go back to immigration or not? Thanks in advance

No.  You have until 31 July to leave Thailand.

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Having to start from scratch means first having to get a Non-O visa from outside of Thailand.

Renewing can be done without leaving the country and only extending the existing visa, no need for a new one.

True, but the poster I replied to is currently outside of the country anyway. So again, what specifically should the government do to help people whose extension expires while they are abroad?

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Hallelujah! Shame they couldn't have done it earlier.

I came home at the end of March , costing me a fortune , because I knew if I had to go to immigration I would be signing my own death warrant given the underlying health problems I have and being an elder lemon. If only they had done this earlier I would be still safe and happy in Samui but instead I am cocooned in my home in Dublin relying on the police to,get me food .. in theory . 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Unfortunately not all Imm offices are complying with this.

Mine continues to require 90 day reports, refuses to accept them online and demands a bribe to submit them in person. 

If true,  name the office

Interesting, I'm scheduled to do a 90 day report in May, having done the previous one in February, if this was still going on I wasn't going to bother at all and just pay the fine.

That's me sorted until August then, if it's still going on in August I'll leave it until my yearly extension in November.

44 minutes ago, rech said:

if you are here with a non-o multi-entry, can you stay when your 90 days expire ?

even if your visa has already expired ? (need to leave the country to get a new non-o multi entries)

You can stay until July 31st.

Once you are in the country your visas expiration date means nothing. It only the last day you can enter country using it.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, mancub said:

Wouldn't it  be so much clearer if a blanket "Permission to stay" was extended until 31st July. After all, this is essentially the governing factor for ALL types of visa ?

That's what they do. They just call it "visa", because that's how they always call it in English.