Thai govt and Immigration confirm second visa amnesty - no need to do 90 day reports or extend visas

But extensions based on family, work and such are not covered, right?

Still need to extend at immigration?

What about those teachers, for example, who have just recently stopped working but are still here. Lol.

Edited by FruitPudding

2 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

What about those teachers,, who have just recently stopped working but are still here. Lol.

Is this picture really so difficult to understand?

93871744_3136300019726724_7986921815001792512_n.png.1faa45c353cb8645a66fe3e9fb8a66ba.png

No need to extend visa

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

What about those teachers, for example, who have just recently stopped working but are still here. Lol.

Retirement/marriage/dependent-extensions are not covered in the amnesty. Teachers are of course covered if they can't leave.

Edited by Max69xl

2 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Retirement/marriage/dependent-extensions are not covered in the amnesty. Teachers are of course covered if the can't leave.

You should inform Immigration Bureau about this, they tell people calling 1178 that they are covered.

Also better inform the chief of Phuket immigration, he also confirmed this.

You don't want them giving people wrong information, right?

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, jackdd said:

93871744_3136300019726724_7986921815001792512_n.png.1faa45c353cb8645a66fe3e9fb8a66ba.png

No need to extend visa

The picture doesn't mention for example one year extensions. A lot of people don't know the difference between a one year extension and a visa.

2 minutes ago, jackdd said:

No need to extend visa

There is plenty of discussion on this thread where people are saying it is NOT covered.

Probably because the last one (up until April 30) did not cover such immigrants, but only tourists and the like.

1 minute ago, jackdd said:

You should inform Immigration Bureau about this, they tell people calling 1178 that they are covered.

I don't need to give anyone any info. That's not my job. What I said is how it officially works,and my local immigration office knows that.

Just now, FruitPudding said:

There is plenty of discussion on this thread where people are saying it is NOT covered.

Probably because the last one (up until April 30) did not cover such immigrants, but only tourists and the like.

The new amnesty is exactly same as the last one. Nothing has been changed. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

The picture doesn't mention for example one year extensions. A lot of people don't know the difference between a one year extension and a visa.

Exactly visas NOT extensions,  really it's not difficult to understand

Edited by cnxnicho
update

1 minute ago, FruitPudding said:

So people on tourist visas don't need to extend before they run out, but people on Non Imm visas still need to extend as normal?

If your visa/permission to stay expired March 26 or later, you're covered by the amnesty. 1 year extensions has to be done same as before. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I will be submitting my annual extension of stay based on retirement using >65k monthly income at Udon Thani before May 26.

I believe I will have all the necessary documents (e.g. Bank Book with FTT deposit recording)with the possible exception of the letter from Bangkok Bank. Does anyone have an example of a letter that has been accepted by Immigtation in a successful renewal ( preferably by Udon Thani Immigration). I want to be able to show an example to Bangkok Bank where my direct deposit account is held to smooth the process in getting that document.

Thanks for your help on this

7 minutes ago, flyingsaucersarereal said:

I just did a walk in 90 day report in Udon 2 days ago. Is this for the whole country or just certain immigration offices that you don't have to do a 90 day report????

If everyone skips the 90 days reports,you can imagine what will happen when immigration tell people they have to do the report as soon as possible when the amnesty is over. 

7 minutes ago, jamesmith said:

I will go to the immigration to do it, if they say no need at that time, it will be good for me. I don,t want to do it later and they say to me it is expired, I need to be fined

You won't be fined as long as you're covered by the amnesty. Don't worry so much. 

8 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

My info is 100% correct. It's not my fault you don't understand the amnesty. Get your facts straight before you complain. FYI,Phuket immigration didn't come up with the amnesty.

Agree totally and the Phuket article makes no mention of retirement/ marriage extensions, the amnesty covers visa extensions for foreigners here temporarily only.

32 minutes ago, jackdd said:

According to the article Phuket immigration chief did not say the amnesty applies to yearly extensions. He says it applies to all visas including 1 year

• Like 1

That's a nice and clever decision but I would suggest for them to keep the great ideas and start to revise all their visas requirements. The world is currently in a turmoil, not possible to go back to a normal way of of life, instead we all will a=have to adjust to a NEW way of normal life, economy is a mess all around the world and a lot of people run down their precious savings leaving them with the basic essential for day to day expenses. Many of us if not the majority moved to Thailand to relax, enjoy life without the worrisome of running around to apply for a visa, a renewal, a 90 day report and so forth.

Many started a new life here, invested money in property to live in and by doing so never anticipated that our purchasing power here would go down hill as it has been, a lot of us are unnecessary suffering financially because IMO requirement to have money deposited/sleeping in a bank account that only benefits the banks themselves, neither us nor the IMO benefits from such low yield deposits, either 400K or 800K held at a bank for period of time, during such period one can not use the all amount of funds thus restricting us from spending it, all it's very confusing and frustrating, we all know that thus no need for further explanation.

The point is, IMO should allow people owning real estate property to use such property as a collateral to use as the guaranty for visa renewals, extension of stay/retirement and so forth, any visa requiring any type of bank deposit should be replaced with using the real property, thus potentially having lien or similar hold up on the property, owner can not sell property without replacing such guaranty with something of similar value, either another property or back to a bank account but we should be able to have the choice/alternative to use the money to spend, by doing so, spending the money,  we will be helping more business.

The other alternative, since they are (appear to be) more open to new resolutions/solutions, the tourism is down to the bottom, it will take sometime for people to start to come to Thailand, the Baht still strong thus not an incentive for the majority of westerners to come, if they want to rebounce back fast it would be better to everybody, regardless on the type of visa they have, just scrap the damn charges, no required deposits, just let the people live here, let them spend their savings

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

According to the article Phuket immigration chief did not say the amnesty applies to yearly extensions. He says it applies to all visas including 1 year

OK, so go ahead on that basis and perhaps the Immigration Chief will help you or NOT on renewal of your next yearly extension, good luck !!

Edited by cnxnicho
update
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Thailand said:

Not doing the 90 day report is more likely to create problems in the future than not at some offices.

Chiang Mai in full swing with drive in etc. We will do ours when due.

That's what I was thinking, so I did mine on Mon anyway. I was out of the Phayao office in 10 minutes