Thai govt and Immigration confirm second visa amnesty - no need to do 90 day reports or extend visas

On 4/22/2020 at 10:33 AM, Sheryl said:

Unfortunately not all Imm offices are complying with this.

Mine continues to require 90 day reports, refuses to accept them online and demands a bribe to submit them in person. 

I’m still complying with the no tip directive introduced by Big Joke ????

15 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I will ignore this announcement and carry on as usual until my IO tells me otherwise, coz i can't trust any officials not flip flopping when it suits them. 

That would only be correct when it comes to doing a annual extension of stay.

For 90 day reporting is is clearly written in the order that they are not required.

I am a dreamer. I dream a lot.

I dream that there were added counter in all airports, to replace border runs. A wonderful revolving door.

Going through, being stamped as having departed Thailand. Short walk in the international zone, (the so called no man's land), about turn, back to immigration as a new arrival, filling-in new arrival-departure card. new stamp, permission to stay 30 days without a visa, permission to stay another year for OA visas. That would be the objective would it not...

I am such a dreamer...

Must go now, go to get up to date on the new rules...

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/22/2020 at 10:14 AM, ivor bigun said:

So on Aug the first do we all have to go and get our ninety day?

They then state the Immigration offices will still be open and will attend for my 90 day as usual as my province is busy but nothing like Bangkok and other provinces

Wow. I was not expecting this, seems almost too good to be true.

Rather than start a new thread can anyone just sanity check my situation:

Uk->thailand Feb 7th

Visa Extension March 6th

Border run March 19th
Visa expired 19th April.

..... I can just sit tight until 31st July.

11 minutes ago, hiero said:

Uk->thailand Feb 7th

Visa Extension March 6th

Border run March 19th
Visa expired 19th April.

It appears that you entered Thailand visa exempt on March 19th, with your permission to stay valid until after March 26th. You benefit from automatic extensions until July 31st.

I went yesterday to Bkk immigration and they said not valid yet this information, they wait for confirmation next week. I am on ed momently and it wasnt free to extend the visa, although I showed them this thread here. So, better go there to immigration and do your visa stuff. 

Edited by thaibestlover
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/22/2020 at 11:53 AM, jackdd said:

Is this picture really so difficult to understand?

93871744_3136300019726724_7986921815001792512_n.png.1faa45c353cb8645a66fe3e9fb8a66ba.png

No need to extend visa

Yes, it is difficult to understand. In fact, the first line is false.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Yes, it is difficult to understand. In fact, the first line is false.

It looks like the Immigration Bureau did now release their own infographics in English, maybe that's easier to understand.

The first graphic seems to be new, and the second graphic is the English version of the graphic found in the first post in this thread.

ext1.thumb.jpg.a4d02f557d60fcee42bb1a74b6af4d98.jpg

ext2.thumb.jpg.6dbc91b639168365814975801ede648c.jpg

They are also in this thread: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1161228-infographic-thai-immigration-confirm-details-of-visa-amnesty-extension/

Edited by jackdd

my 90 days reporting will be due on 11 May. If i go in person 15 days bef 11 May and my next 90 days reporting will calculate from the date i report. If I do not have the 90 days reporting bef 31 July and the next 90 days reporting date will start from 31 July and will fall on Oct?

3 hours ago, hiero said:

Uk->thailand Feb 7th

Visa Extension March 6th

Border run March 19th
Visa expired 19th April.

You should try to regularise your situation once the borders are open - i.e. return home or do a border run.  3 months should allow plenty of time for you to do it.

4 minutes ago, wilkis333 said:

my 90 days reporting will be due on 11 May. If i go in person 15 days bef 11 May and my next 90 days reporting will calculate from the date i report. If I do not have the 90 days reporting bef 31 July and the next 90 days reporting date will start from 31 July and will fall on Oct?

We only know that you don't have to report until 31st July.

How immigration will handle it afterwards is just speculation now.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jackdd said:

We only know that you don't have to report until 31st July.

How immigration will handle it afterwards is just speculation now.

They will either extend it again if the borders are still closed and flights not operating by June, or people will have left or done their border runs.

I would imagine a notice will be issued in June that tells people the amnesty is ending on 31 July and they need to have left Thailand or done their border run or they will be overstaying.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wilkis333 said:

Your making rod for your back. Do your 90 day report. Some office online and via mail.

If in person is easy just do it. Imm offices empty now. Having said that it's not required. What happens post amnesty is guess work

• Like 1

On 4/22/2020 at 12:06 PM, jackdd said:

Immigration commonly calls "permission to stay" a visa in their english texts, this one is not different.

This one is different because also in the Thai text, immigration calls it visa (วีซ่า)

28 minutes ago, Maestro said:

This one is different because also in the Thai text, immigration calls it visa (วีซ่า)

How is this different? They use the colloquial term "visa" synonymously to "permission to stay" exactly how i explained it before.

Are you saying that immigration wants to say that this only applies to actual visas?

Edited by jackdd

55 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

You should try to regularise your situation once the borders are open - i.e. return home or do a border run.  3 months should allow plenty of time for you to do it.

To confirm...

I (re) entered thailand on 19th of March. Normally I would have gone to immigration before the 19th of April, paid the money to extend 30 days. A border run for me would not have been necessary between 19th of March and the 19th of April, just paid extension.

4 minutes ago, hiero said:

I (re) entered thailand on 19th of March. Normally I would have gone to immigration before the 19th of April, paid the money to extend 30 days. A border run for me would not have been necessary between 19th of March and the 19th of April, just paid extension.

You may be able to apply for the 30 day extension you have not done yet instead of leaving the country.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

It looks like the Immigration Bureau did now release their own infographics in English, maybe that's easier to understand.

The first graphic seems to be new, and the second graphic is the English version of the graphic found in the first post in this thread.

ext1.thumb.jpg.a4d02f557d60fcee42bb1a74b6af4d98.jpg

ext2.thumb.jpg.6dbc91b639168365814975801ede648c.jpg

They are also in this thread: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1161228-infographic-thai-immigration-confirm-details-of-visa-amnesty-extension/

Just to be clear, these infographics  were posted on the Immigration Bureau's facebook website, and as of 24. April still not on their official website where the information about the visas extension to 30.April is still "in force"...

I just wonder about the 1st infographic here, when they mention in the footnotes (e.g. the middle case, "All type of visa"

"*Once situation is resolved, such alien must apply for visa extension and do 90-day reporting as specified by the regulations"

Could it be the case that if the situation is resolved by end of May or in mid-June (no matter how likely or unlikely it is), one needs (immediately after or within, say, 7 days of the announcement) to extend the current visa? Or they had in mind the resolution of the situation anytime after 31.July (i.e. is the 31. July a "guaranteed" end-date for the 2nd extension, no matter if the situation is resolved before that)?

For me, for example, this is relevant as I'd need to do a border run if to extend my visa. And I am not keen to do so as I'd stay up to 3rd July anyway (unless something exceptional happen in the meantime). My condo tenancy is on a month-by-month basis (15 days notice) plus I'd like to buy airline tickets one of these days (cost, availability,etc). If the 2nd extension end-date "not guaranteed", I'd play it safe and buy airline tickets + give notice for 3rd June in mind (instead of preferred 3rd July)....So it would be good to have this clarified...

Edited by McArie

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You may be able to apply for the 30 day extension you have not done yet instead of leaving the country.

Thanks joe. When you say apply for the 30 day extension, what date are you thinking of? ... 31st July

8 minutes ago, McArie said:

Or they had in mind the resolution of the situation anytime after 31.July (i.e. is the 31. July a "guaranteed" end-date for the 2nd extension)?

They probably had the time after 31st July in mind.

The ministerial order, approved by the cabinet, but not published in the royal gazette yet, says that all these foreigners are extended until 31st July.

The only way to shorten this would be by a new ministerial order, which again would have to be approved by the cabinet and published in the royal gazette. So it's not 100% guaranteed, but 99.9%, i highly doubt they would go through the trouble to issue a new order to shorten this timeframe.

• Thanks 1

Thanks jackdd and jayson1 :thumbsup:

...that footnote there was a bit confusing for me, but now I have second opinions, its fine.

Seems I am good to book a flight in July then :clap2: (good job airline allows one free date change!)

Edited by McArie

On 4/22/2020 at 10:15 AM, Thailand said:

Not doing the 90 day report is more likely to create problems in the future than not at some offices.

Chiang Mai in full swing with drive in etc. We will do ours when due.

Smart thinking, i was asked to show the '3 month' bankbook amount @ my first 90 day after extending my family's permission of stay !his month............. play safe, better!

43 minutes ago, khaepmu said:

Sorry. I should know this but what exactly is a border pass? 

It allows those from neighboring countries to enter for a few days without needing to have a passport by way of a agreement between the other country and Thailand. For example it is 72 hours for Thais and Laotians.

This from section 13 of the immigration act.

"2. A citizen of a country with has its boundaries adjacent to Thailand making at a temporary journey across the border under compliance with the agreement between the Government of Thailand and of that country."

On 4/24/2020 at 8:39 AM, ubonjoe said:

That would only be correct when it comes to doing a annual extension of stay.

For 90 day reporting is is clearly written in the order that they are not required.

Awaiting further confirmation that I indeed can report for my 90 days as very likely in the first week of May  will actually pass my local Immigration office and getting essential food and other issues, like collecting new school books.
Yes, seen the order this but they are running the risk of huge crowds in the future and how exactly are they going to notify us in any case?
Will let you know and see the emergency degree now not surprisingly to the end of May and still the same conditions including buying beer for ones own consumption for myself only in my own home?

Edited by john west
spelling and content
  • Haha 1