Thai govt and Immigration confirm second visa amnesty - no need to do 90 day reports or extend visas

14 minutes ago, sikishrory said:

I'm on a non O marriage visa (not extension). Expired earlier this month and my leave date is stamped as early next month.

I assume I am good until the end of July also? Don't do anything and they sort it out at the airport when leaving?? Thanks

You can stay until July 31st without doing anyting at immigration. Just leave the country on or before that day.

You could also apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife instead of leaving the country.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can stay until July 31st without doing anyting at immigration. Just leave the country on or before that day.

You could also apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife instead of leaving the country.

Ah that's great. It sounds like applying for a 2 month extension 5 days before expiry is a good idea to avoid the immigration chaos the may happen around that time. I guess it's a fluid situation and who knows what will happen but best case scenario if people can do visa runs to savannakhet early August the place is going to be over run

15 minutes ago, sikishrory said:

best case scenario if people can do visa runs to savannakhet early August the place is going to be over run

I'm being bit black/white in saying this.

There are different groups here. Some are long stay. Some folk trying to live here on visa exempt with border bounce etc.

Whenever amnesty ends (I think current one will be extended) the later group need plan B. Namely fly home. No one knows future rules. Perhaps no visa exempt. Keep in mind many countries done have.

Will Vietnam still issue VE to countries. Who knows. The amnesty cannot end till borders open. Even then that would require no quarantine.