Easing restrictions: what do you expect for next month?

Brunolem

5 hours ago, Andyfez said:

I reckon the government are under great pressure from the Central Plazas and Mall shopping malls to open.

Restaurants will stay on a takeaway only service a bit longer 

OR

Restaurants will be allowed to open with spaced out seating?

Bars will be kept closed.

Coffee shops?..... spaced out seating - or only takeaway...

It's easy for them to keep fitness centres and pools shut a bit longer so they'll do it.

The curfew has been a good thing in my eyes. But maybe too much trouble to continue.

Hotels will reopen, but maybe keep trouble hot-spots like Pattaya under wraps another 2 weeks?

The businesses are suffering in these areas, but there are very few customers.

With the airlines being told to allow spare seats in the middle and the back row to be left spare for sick passengers I expect fares to go up, and people will not be comfortable travelling for a while.

No, cant trust people to do the right thing!!  Locals are the worst.. they think wearing masks they done their part.. or its just about following the rulz.. they still que up to make lines faster in their mind.. breathing on each other So NO, it wont work

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Shops, salons and restaurants will be allowed to open next month with social-distancing and sanitisation procedures (!)

The alcohol ban will end on 30 April.

The curfew will end on 30 April.

Borders will start opening in May but only for "business" and returning families.

By June the borders will be open to allow people to leave; there may restrictions and enforced quarantine for arrivals.

Bars and clubs will open in June.

Schools already opening on 1 July, but international schools are being allowed to open earlier.

Mostly correct. Some shops and salons have already opened in several provinces, with social distancing guidelines in place. During the course of next month, I expect many businesses in the majority of provinces to re-open.

I expect the locals will begin getting restless, and the restrictions will be focussed on keeping order.

Western countries can't keep a lid on this virus, so Thailand's gonna have to do without tourism for a while. The Chinese won't come either, as it will be a pain in the ass going back to the motherland.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HHTel said:

Social distancing has been a joke.  I've yet to see a local use the sanitiser when entering 7/11 or the like. 

That must be peculiar to where you live.

Where I am, there is hand sanitizer everywhere and also temperature taking.

And distancing is both enforced and practice, even in check out line

Even the wet markets have put up barriers to direct where you can enter and installed sanitizer.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, baansgr said:

I would think it's too early for swimming pools, gyms etc or even restaurants to open. Some shops will be allowed. Curfew still in place and the booze ban continues. Masks at all times with sanitising at shops. Be great if they just let everything open and people could be responsible but it don't work that way

Give me one reason the alcohol ban will continue. 

2 minutes ago, sucit said:

It already seems "open" to me when it comes to behavior. 

I do not have any guesses, just that it is already open except for borders. 

What do you mean already open? Have you been outside lately? 

31 minutes ago, sucit said:

It already seems "open" to me when it comes to behavior. 

I do not have any guesses, just that it is already open except for borders. 

That is a very weird statement when Pattaya is like a ghost town right now, and there is a night time curfew. 

Edited by couchpotato

9 hours ago, HHTel said:

Which is the main reason for the drop in numbers.  Not local restrictions.  Social distancing has been a joke.  I've yet to see a local use the sanitiser when entering 7/11 or the like.  Of course the government will claim it's because of the lock down.

I've yet to see anyone allowed entry without being zapped and sanitizing their hands. Also, use the ATM and a member of staff will sanitize the keypad/screen before it can be used again. Koh Samui.

Same at Tesco.. Don't do it and you are denied entry.

SAM_2506.thumb.JPG.fc204fd8d9d733734eb46441ada12dfd.JPG

13 hours ago, ukrules said:

The alcohol sales ban made a little bit of sense around Songkran to prevent partying, apart from that Thailand is I believe the only country in the world to ban the sale of alcohol due to this COVID problem to date.

The reason it's the only country is because it's not necessary or helpful in any way, it just annoys the population.

South Africa if I am not mistaken, along with the sale of cigarettes ( the latter seeming to be eased ) 

16 hours ago, HHTel said:

Which is the main reason for the drop in numbers.  Not local restrictions.  Social distancing has been a joke.  I've yet to see a local use the sanitiser when entering 7/11 or the like.  Of course the government will claim it's because of the lock down.

So you think the local restrictions are a waste of time.

I had to go to the hospital yesterday. You couldn't enter the building without a temperature check, hand sanitiser and filling in a questionaire. Seating had been rearranged to enforce social distancing.

How many would be infected on hospital visits if local restrictions had not been implemented. Try looking past the end of your nose.

21 minutes ago, sandyf said:

So you think the local restrictions are a waste of time.

I had to go to the hospital yesterday. You couldn't enter the building without a temperature check, hand sanitiser and filling in a questionaire. Seating had been rearranged to enforce social distancing.

How many would be infected on hospital visits if local restrictions had not been implemented. Try looking past the end of your nose.

You do know all stats coming out of the US and UK are showing its no more prevalent than Flu or Influenza right??

So with  that said do you think they will be enforcing such measures over these viruses.?!?  NO.

Its the fear of the unknown or MSM mongering at the beginning that sent everyone into a frenzy.

Without doubt theres going to be massive repercussions when the general public REALLY know the truth!

Look at the mortality rate,,,CONSTANTLY DROPPING OFF

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I have no expectations, only hopes. That the stupid closures of golf courses and swimming pools end.

It's easy to practise social distancing on golf courses, that's because they occupy large tracts of land with a low population density. Meantime, the day market in Chiang Rai is cheek by jowl.

I don't know what numbwit decided swimming pools were a risk. Chlorine in swimming pools is meant to kill bacteria, any virus is just an entree.

Missing golf , 3 times a week , banter with the guys , fresh air , get out of the house , laugh with the caddies who are now out of work and desperate for money , now no fishing in a remote location , told to stay home by police whilst Thais shop in the markets with no social distancing , no beer or bars and no virus where I am . 

Each individual province to be judged and regulated on its virus infection rate  . If no virus reported for 1 month a province may have alcohol for sale again for home drinking . All shops and businesses to reopen including restaurants but not bars . Public transport within the province allowed . Golf courses and parks to reopen and field sports , masks mandatory ,