I tried that Heineken 00 alcohol free beer today.

Worldplus

Tried it once a few weeks ago, was in a bottle not a can, and was actually pleasantly surprised by the taste.

Didn't know it could be sold now during the alcohol ban.

Going by some replies in this thread, and other threads with alcohol as subject, I suspect quite a few members are currently testing aftershave coke

5 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Sounds the same as decaffeinated coffee.  Which makes no sense to me.

Again, I like the taste of coffee but as I get older BPH is becoming an issue. I have found that cutting down on caffeine (drinking decaf coffee), has greatly reduced night time visits to the toilet. Must admit though, I tried decaf tea and found it pretty bad as the taste is quite different to standard tea. 

27 minutes ago, GarryP said:

So you don't drink it for the taste then?

No not really, of course it shouldn't taste like cats pee (not that I've knowingly tasted that) I drink it mainly to get the effects of the alcohol it should taste good too but that is secondary, sometimes a little effect is enough  sometimes a bit too much effect is achieved ????...if there is no alcohol then as said before I wouldn't waste good money on it just for "the taste"

Edited by johng
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, norfolkandchance said:

Are you in a drinking club then.

No, just go out once or twice a week (pre-covid) to the local. Sometimes drink alcohol free, sometimes the standard stuff (Heineken, Corona, Tiger, Erdinger, Oettinger etc.). Don't drink Chang or Leo though as I don't really like it. I have both types in my fridge but drink very little at home. Maybe 1 or 2 cans a week.  

1 hour ago, norfolkandchance said:

OP. Get well soon.

Ha Ha. I tried it having a sabbitical off the beer for a week. 

For no alcohol bloody expensive and s..t!! Did not taste like beer.

Next!!!.....????????????????????????????????

Edited by DPKANKAN
Spelling
  • Haha 1

You had it half right. It smells like cats p*ss and tastes like cats p*ss. Why on earth anyone would drink it is beyond me. If it has no alcohol you might as well drink a soft drink or water and save your money.

• Like 2

Thai beer?,rats <deleted> without doubt     bottle of locals high alcohol gut rot or whatever it is  at 7/11    79 baht...mixed 80/20 with water,strained tea bag for colour,pinch of salt for fizz       perfect beer,just perfection in a jar