Raging inferno

colinneil

This is the last time I will say this, STOP Trolling others !! 

I dont care how long you have been here, members are treated equally, and if you persist in this course of action expect to be benched ! 

On 4/25/2020 at 2:02 PM, champers said:

I thought people moved to Issan for the quiet life. What caused the fire?

Er, an increase in temperature to above the ignition level of the fuel and caused by the application of a cigarette lighter. Just a guess.....

On 4/25/2020 at 1:50 PM, Puchaiyank said:

Wife's husband set the fire as she quit giving him his as allowance".

just love to take your shots... Colin always speaks well of his wife - her father is likely a nice man too... and had nothing to do with the near tragic story... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, as long as not a child or an irreplaceable whatever of one of the oligarch elitarian bigwigs is being destroyed - nothing will happen and happy slash-and-burn will continue.

This country is doomed by corruption, nepotism and total ignorant arrogance. The education level is literally second to zero which explains the complete absence of common sense and basic social competence! 

• Like 1

Had a fire near KK about 2 months ago. I heard the fire, before I saw it. The fire jumped the fence (from a wat), then burned west away from our group of 20+ houses.

Then it swung around, and started towards the houses.............. 

I monitored the fire for 2 hours..................then removed some fuel (plastic bags + palm fronds) from the front of a house. A housekeeper said: "no, no, no" I gave him the necessary affront!

Fortunately, the fire stayed on the verge, and the dirt-road was a good fire-break. 

By the time the fire-truck got there, I had all but finished the prorgess of the fire.

Lessons learnt My neighbours do not know how to fight fires. Neever interfere with someone who does!

20200229_115546.jpg

• Like 2

On 4/25/2020 at 1:51 PM, colinneil said:

You think i had bloody time to take photos?

Bloody stupid thing to say, i was in danger of losing my life, my home.

I understand not taking pics during the fire but a couple of after pics would have been nice to give us an idea just how close the fire was.

14 minutes ago, 5633572526 said:

I understand not taking pics during the fire but a couple of after pics would have been nice to give us an idea just how close the fire was.

I have already posted a photo of the aftermath, only place i could get to in my chair, post 84.

Also Yinn has posted a video on this thread, look at it from 12 minutes onwards and you can see the extent of the fire.

• Like 1

That was a close call. It is a good reminder to all of us to think about our preparedness for an emergency.

It only takes a few minutes to take pictures of insurance policies and important papers and either email them to yourself or put them in a Google drive. Assuming you escape with your phone, having things like that could save you hours of grief. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DFPhuket said:

That was a close call. It is a good reminder to all of us to think about our preparedness for an emergency.

It only takes a few minutes to take pictures of insurance policies and important papers and either email them to yourself or put them in a Google drive. Assuming you escape with your phone, having things like that could save you hours of grief. 

You are spot on there mate, the problem for me at the time, wife not home, cupboard where all important papers are kept, i am unable to get to, i cannot get passed my wifes bed in

my chair.

The first thing i said to my wife, get the papers etc now.

I only use a Nokia 3310, not internet enabled, but i will get my wife photo copy papers today, she has a smart phone.

• Like 2

On 4/25/2020 at 1:40 PM, colinneil said:

Who needs Hollywood blockbuster movies?

If you live in a quiet:cheesy: Issan village, you get all the excitement without movies.

Yesterday morning laughing at NCC1701As merc thread, lost the internet, damn, go outside my room to reboot internet.

Steve McQueen is Colin Neil in The Towering Inferno! 

Coming to a theater near you! 

• Haha 1

Just now, colinneil said:

Spot on mate, yes i was terrified, i cant run away.

I can only imagine. Being paralyzed is a 24/7 difficulty that requires real courage and serious daily effort. It is just horrifying in emergency situations like these. Happy it turned out okay for you.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2020 at 1:47 PM, NanLaew said:

Pictures or it never happened.

On 4/25/2020 at 2:02 PM, champers said:

I thought people moved to Issan for the quiet life. What caused the fire?

hmm...the wife was conveniently out..the dogs and cows can't speak or raise the alarm...total alcohol ban in place...glad he and the wheel-chair made it out unscathed.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2020 at 1:40 PM, colinneil said:

So i was shaken, not stirred yesterday, and still here, much to the annoyance of some.

@colinneil I am happy to read that you are okay. My sphincters would have been too tight to loose the bowel or the bladder. I might have had a heart attack, though.

• Like 1