Suvarnabhumi ready for normal operations from May 1

Jonathan Fairfield

Another article on here said it was domestic flights only and even then the Airlines could only sell every other seat. Passengers had to be spaced out. Seems to me there wouldn't be enough people flying to bother having a flight. I wouldn't open yet.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sahibji said:

"Screening facilities for everyone who enters the airport is still necessary and personnel at Suvarnabhumi must wear face masks and increase the frequency of sanitisation." this may not be sufficient to pick our asymptomatic cases who could also prove damaging to the population at large.

Are you an epidemiologist?

On 4/26/2020 at 7:26 AM, aussienam said:

At least it will help those of us who are expats trying to get back to Thailand, some hope of getting home sooner.  Lots of us stranded outside.

Exactly,

I don't understand all the negative reaction by others, Both me and my wife are stuck in the US and we are anxious to get back. We are not the only ones. 

You never know how much you miss something until you cant have it. 

This is a positive step in the right directions. And for all of  those who cant find anything good with anything Thailand does,

The article  say that the airport will be ready for normal operations, nowhere do the claim that the airlines will be ready for normal operations. That is up to the airlines. 

They can only do their part, airlines and others have to do theirs. 

By the way, the airline landscape when we emerge from this ,  will be changed  . Expect to see consolidations, mergers, and bankruptcies. Initial low prices to entice travel and do to low fuel prices. , but eventual less choice. and do to "supply and demand" higher prices.   

• Like 2

On 4/26/2020 at 6:41 PM, Pravda said:

Normal or not Thailand comes out out of this a clear winner.

No bailout of the poor, no currency devaluation. 

CAD to THB 18

AUD to THB 14

USD to THB 40

very soon

Ummm....

If USD to THB hits 40 that would mean there is currency devaluation

14 minutes ago, yourauntbob said:

Ummm....

If USD to THB hits 40 that would mean there is currency devaluation

That’s exactly what I thought when I read the post but I try not to argue with the ‘currency experts’ on here. Not one of them makes a living trading currencies, of that I’m absolutely certain.

Edited by Mark1066

27 minutes ago, Cali farong said:

Yesterday I called Korean air and they told me they have flight on may 3 from swampy to San Fran???

yes they are still flying to the US.  Just that you will not get back anytime in the near future to Thailand...Then there is the 14 day CDC recommended quarantine in the US for any travelers arriving from an International destination.  My flight out on May 31st was rearranged to fly in such a circuitous route and my return trip was canceled so I instead will see a local endocrinologist here in Bangkok to have my check-up.

I can hear the roar of engines over the horizon already as the sky will soon be full of aircraft heading for the Mecca of the masses Thailand! The cargo area will full of sacks of cash, the new normal will be the new golden age of Chan o chaland, probably all from China  though.

2 hours ago, Mark1066 said:

That’s exactly what I thought when I read the post but I try not to argue with the ‘currency experts’ on here. Not one of them makes a living trading currencies, of that I’m absolutely certain.

The post was a but tongue in cheek as the US being the indestructible world police currency.

18 minutes ago, nong38 said:

I can hear the roar of engines over the horizon already as the sky will soon be full of aircraft heading for the Mecca of the masses Thailand! The cargo area will full of sacks of cash, the new normal will be the new golden age of Chan o chaland, probably all from China  though.

in what dimension are you viewing this, and alternate reality maybe?

14 hours ago, sirineou said:

That is up to the airlines. 

No it's not!  It's up to the government.

It's been reported quite clearly.  It's been posted on here multiple times and still there are people that continue to believe that the borders are opening.

From May 1st only DOMESTIC flights will operate.  There will be passenger flights OUT of Thailand but unless you are a Thai, then you are banned from entering Thailand until at least May 31st.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pravda said:

The post was a but tongue in cheek as the US being the indestructible world police currency.

Any time I’ve tried to discuss the role of the USD and how they used a certain global conflict to their advantage, my posts are deleted. So, I’ll leave it there. ????

8 hours ago, HHTel said:

No it's not!  It's up to the government.

It's been reported quite clearly.  It's been posted on here multiple times and still there are people that continue to believe that the borders are opening.

From May 1st only DOMESTIC flights will operate.  There will be passenger flights OUT of Thailand but unless you are a Thai, then you are banned from entering Thailand until at least May 31st.

I stay with my comment. Nowhere did I say that the boarders were open

The article  say that the airport will be ready for normal operations, nowhere do the claim that the airlines will be ready for normal operations. That is up to the airlines.  "

Opening the airport  is up to the government

Flying to that airport is up to the airlines, if they don't want to fly there for what ever reason they don't have to.  

That "unless you are a Thai, then you are banned from entering Thailand until at least May 31st. " is not correct , 

" The Thai Embassy said foreigners holding a valid work permit and foreign diplomats will also be allowed to enter the country, though they will also need to present a health certificate and health insurance."

https://www.businesstraveller.com/business-travel/2020/03/26/thailand-closes-border-bans-entry-for-foreigners/