Airlines set to return as ban on domestic flights ends

snoop1130

Airlines set to return as ban on domestic flights ends

By The Phuket News

1587989241_1-org.jpg

A worker repaints the runway centerline at Phuket airport this past week. Photo: Phuket International Airport

PHUKET:-- AirAsia and Nok Air are both set to resume domestic flights to Phuket on Friday (May 1), the day after the ban on all domestic flights is due to end. The move to relaunch services came before any clear resolution by the Phuket Governor whether or not he intended to lift the “Tambon Lockdown”, banning all non-essential travel between the 17 subdistricts on the island.

As of today (Apr 27) it has been confirmed Nok Air is to fly one daily flight to and from Don Mueang International Airport Bangkok. Flight DD7505, provided by a B737-800, is to depart Don Mueang at 11:25am and land in Phuket at 12:45pm. The return flight is to take off from Phuket at 1:20pm and land in Bangkok at 2:40pm.

AirAsia is to initially provide four flights a week: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays. The regular flight from Bangkok was to depart Don Mueang at 7:35am and land in Phuket at 9am, at ticket prices from just over B2,000. The return flight was to take off from Phuket at 9:30am and land at Don Mueang at 10:55am, at ticket prices starting from just over B1,700 to just over B3,300. Earlier bookings saw starting prices fall just under B1,500.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/airlines-set-to-return-as-ban-on-domestic-flights-ends-75866.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-04-27

Planning and actually doing are totally different issues.  You can plan all you want to arrange a flight, but unless provincial restrictions are not lifted, well then doing it will not be something that happens.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sketcher said:

The money you have saved by not going out for a month?

Costs more to stay home. My electricity went up 1150 units. 

I find eating out is cheaper than shopping and cooking myself. 

I didn't save any money staying home seeing my income got decimated. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, hansgruber said:

Costs more to stay home. My electricity went up 1150 units. 

I find eating out is cheaper than shopping and cooking myself. 

I didn't save any money staying home seeing my income got decimated. 

Interesting that, I try to budget on 60,000 baht per month for a family of 6.

We stocked up in March in fear of people hoarding, we also eat good quality food, and we keep topping up every 7-10 days depending, that said, we have spend less than the monthly budget of 60,000 baht this month, probably because we have stocked up, e.g. in the 4 weeks to date we have spent 42,735.92 baht, I would suspect that this also comes from saving on fuel costs and not going out as normal.

Here is the last 5 months: November 58,098.50 

December 73,862.75

January    75,536.30 

February   66,520.08

March       62,772.75

Averaged out for the 6 months = 63,254.44 baht per month, so from our end, nothing has changed, budget is still on par with what I want it to be, and eating at home is always better for you as you know what you eating and adding into your foods.                                                                                               

Edited by 4MyEgo

46 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

We stocked up in March in fear of people hoarding, we also eat good quality food, and we keep topping up every 7-10 days depending, that said, we have spend less than the monthly budget of 60,000 baht this month, probably because we have stocked up, e.g. in the 4 weeks to date we have spent 42,735.92 baht, I would suspect that this also comes from saving on fuel costs and not going out as normal.

December 73,862.75

January    75,536.30 

February   66,520.08

March       62,772.75

Averaged out for the 6 months = 63,254.44 baht per month, so from our end, nothing has changed, budget is still on par with what I want it to be, and eating at home is always better for you as you know what you eating and adding into your foods.                                                                                               

Don't forget having to entertain 2 kids not being in school. The school fees didn't go away either. 

I bought them all sorts of learning aids to assist with this online schooling and games to entertain them for the past 6 weeks. My oldest begged for a guitar to learn to cure his boredom. 

Yeah, I haven't spent less at all. 

I couldn't do 6 people on 60k. we can't do 4 people on that. I wish I could be that frugal. 

Just saw this:  Maybe good news, but not sure

Surat Thani Airport Announces New Flights Beginning May 1

Surat Thani Airport announced that Nok Air, AirAsia and Thai Lion Air will resume domestic flights starting May 1. Nok Air and Thai AirAsia will operate daily flights while Thai Lion Air will operate one flight a week.  More information is available through the airlines or with the Tourism Authority of Thailand.

Bangkok Airways to Resume Samui-Bangkok Route on May 15

Bangkok Airways will resume twice daily domestic flight operations between the Samui Airport and Bangkok beginning May 15.

3 hours ago, hansgruber said:

Don't forget having to entertain 2 kids not being in school. The school fees didn't go away either. 

I bought them all sorts of learning aids to assist with this online schooling and games to entertain them for the past 6 weeks. My oldest begged for a guitar to learn to cure his boredom. 

Yeah, I haven't spent less at all. 

I couldn't do 6 people on 60k. we can't do 4 people on that. I wish I could be that frugal. 

Trust me when I say we are not being frugal and our kids go to I suppose they call it a private school but it's one of those catholic ones with minimal fees twice a year, about 10k baht per head per term.

We have also had to buy things like a large pool and pump to entertain the girls, 5,000 baht and an equal amount for the boys for various stuff to keep them from being bored.

House and car are paid off, don't know if that has anything to do with it, and we are in rural Thailand.

You would be surprised if you took note on everything you buy how much you spend and whether it's time to real it in, last year we were averaging 100,000 a month, but there was a 2 week overseas holiday in that and 4 x 1 week domestic holidays. 

I think 60,000 baht a month is achievable if the wife likes to cook as we rarely eat out.

14 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

December 73,862.75

January    75,536.30 

February   66,520.08

March       62,772.75

????

• Sad 1

On 4/28/2020 at 5:35 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Just saw this:  Maybe good news, but not sure

Surat Thani Airport Announces New Flights Beginning May 1

Surat Thani Airport announced that Nok Air, AirAsia and Thai Lion Air will resume domestic flights starting May 1. Nok Air and Thai AirAsia will operate daily flights while Thai Lion Air will operate one flight a week.  More information is available through the airlines or with the Tourism Authority of Thailand.

Bangkok Airways to Resume Samui-Bangkok Route on May 15

Bangkok Airways will resume twice daily domestic flight operations between the Samui Airport and Bangkok beginning May 15.

Carry on for Air Asia was decreased from 7 to 5 kilos and limited to a single bag so you know.

Edited by cheapcanuck
Spelling n grammer