Thailand reports single digit COVID-19 cases for second consecutive day

webfact

1 minute ago, dinsdale said:

You are aware that this is potentially fatal for people in their 20's, 30's, and 40's. People who are healthy with no underliying medical issues have succumed.

Yes, a very tiny percentage of the total deaths have been apparently healthy youngsters...

36 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Camtech Rapid Test. Made here in Singapore.

Those look legit: https://www.mobihealthnews.com/news/asia-pacific/singapore-s-camtech-jn-medsys-increase-production-covid-19-test-kits

Note that in a study from Finland it took quite a while to develop antibodies and some don't develop them at all.

https://www.eurosurveillance.org/content/10.2807/1560-7917.ES.2020.25.11.2000266

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Yes, a very tiny percentage of the total deaths have been apparently healthy youngsters...

Does it really matter what percentage it was in the end. The point as it always has been is that COVID-19 does affect everyone in one way or another.  Whether you are young, middle aged, or just plain old.  So to diminish someone's death and say they were a small percentage of the total itself demeans them and there family who are now suffering because of the loss of life. 

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

This isn't just about dying there are long term organ damage issues also if you happen to go serious/critical.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

That's what contact tracing is all about. Let them do the worrying whilst you get on with your life. ????

No the worrying thing is the length of time this person was infected and in the community, they should have discovered he had COVID when he first went to hospital on the 15th April with symptoms but instead said he's ok to go, then waited for him to have to return on the 27th with severe symptoms. Contact tracing would have been far more efficient on the 15th if they had bothered to test him and discovered he was positive.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, dinsdale said:

This isn't just about dying there are long term organ damage issues also if you happen to go serious/critical.

I just said I would prefer to have tested positive for antigens and antibodies. There are plenty more diseases out there which can get you too.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

You are aware that this is potentially fatal for people in their 20's, 30's, and 40's. People who are healthy with no underliying medical issues have succumed.

a tiny % in fact...as would be the case with any fatal illness ...a small number of relatively young healthy people are unlucky

48 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No the worrying thing is the length of time this person was infected and in the community, they should have discovered he had COVID when he first went to hospital on the 15th April with symptoms but instead said he's ok to go, then waited for him to have to return on the 27th with severe symptoms. Contact tracing would have been far more efficient on the 15th if they had bothered to test him and discovered he was positive.

Which proves a large proportion of the population in Thailand is already infected.

48 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Because you can do something about it..

You can lock everyone up and pretend it's for their own good ????

Bro, you’ll never win with this group. I like to come on here every once in awhile, toss a grenade and then go about my day doing other things. These guys live to expound on their wisdom and knowledge on all subjects but most especially about how the Thai government and other people, should conduct themselves. 

Edited by Aland
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, keith101 said:

If these single figures are correct then why are they still banning inter provincial travel just doesn't make sense to me .

It does make sense to me. The worse thing that people, societies or states, can do is ease restriction too early. Singapore is the best example of this dangerous attitude, and I hope that some states in the USA won't regret making the mistake of easing the restrictions too early. All due respect to the Thai authorities for their positive and promising attitude!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lkv said:

Which proves a large proportion of the population in Thailand is already infected.

It hints at it, as do many other pieces of circumstantial evidence. Large scale random antibody testing is needed to get real proof. And not forthcoming, "not cost effective". At 400-600 baht a pop for antibody test that takes 10-15mins, seemingly too expensive. Nice priorities.

Same comments over and over and over again. We all know there should be far more tests and traces. The numbers given for the past two days have been single digits. We don't believe that of course, but I just want some restrictions to be lifted now. Shops, hair salons, restaurants etc with 'safety' measures in place. If you want to stay home then stay home.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, garygooner said:

Same comments over and over and over again. We all know there should be far more tests and traces. The numbers given for the past two days have been single digits. We don't believe that of course, but I just want some restrictions to be lifted now. Shops, hair salons, restaurants etc with 'safety' measures in place. If you want to stay home then stay home.

BKK have ask government if they can open on a smallish scale

6 minutes ago, abrahamzvi said:

It does make sense to me. The worse thing that people, societies or states, can do is ease restriction too early. Singapore is the best example of this dangerous attitude, and I hope that some states in the USA won't regret making the mistake of easing the restrictions too early. All due respect to the Thai authorities for their positive and promising attitude!

Singapore's problem is due to migrant workers living in crowded quarters. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, garygooner said:

I'd be ok if those that want to go out first get injected with SARS-CoV-2 and then stay 14 days in quarantine. If you want to go out go out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

Well if you want to carry on worrying about it, that's up to you. I think Thailand's doing just great, so I'm not worrying at all.

Why worry about things that you can do nothing about?

I'm happy you think Thailand's doing just great. I currently do not share that view until I see decent testing numbers to confirm. Very simple really. 

7 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Large scale random antibody testing is needed to get real proof. And not forthcoming, "not cost effective". At 400-600 baht a pop for antibody test that takes 10-15mins, seemingly too expensive. Nice priorities.

Yeah, but that's not desired, is it?

I was just reading some other articles, where they were really positive about the Chinese coming back, because they would consider Thailand to be a "low risk destination".

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

Which would mean, if you extrapolate those numbers, US should have in the region of 250 million infected people..

That's a lot innit...

But also means that the mortality rate is 55,000 + out of 250 million which isn't a lot !!

About 20% in NYC have antibodies (from  a recent study), so I highly doubt 75% of the state are asymptomatic carriers. 

24 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

I’d be curious to know how many people they are actually testing the numbers just seem unbelievable amazing Thailand TIT

From Thai enquirer 

The government said that it has tested 178,083 cases as of April 24, an increase of 35,494 cases from the last reporting date on April 20.

1 minute ago, DavisH said:

About 20% in NYC have antibodies (from  a recent study), so I highly doubt 75% of the state are asymptomatic carriers. 

Extrapolate that figure then...

55,000+ deaths out of 66,000,000 = less than 0.1% IFR

Whilst 55,000 dead people is a lot, it's nowhere near what they predicted initially so kind of a relief I guess ??

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

This one from the 7 new cases worries me:

"47 year old Thai man looking after his grandchild at home. lives in Koh Kaew (east coast near Phuket Town), fell sick on April 6 with symptoms of a dry cough. On April 15 went to get checked but everything was ‘OK’. On April 27 symptoms got worse so he decided to visit Vachira Hospital."

So he was in the community with symptoms from the 6th to the 27th, how many others has he infected? 

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/cv19-asia/cv19-thailand/cv19-phuket/7-new-cases-in-phuket-today-total-214-tuesday

And how many other infected people have been sent away after being told all is ok.

• Like 1