Emergency extended for one more month, night curfew to remain

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, hotchilli said:

I think they should lift the beer ban... for those thousands of law abiding citizens who just want a normal social drink while cocooned up at home.

But make it abundantly clear, anyone caught drinking outside their property or in any kind of public place other than at home you will be hammered hard !

Why punish the masses for the ignorance of the few?

7i agree but i just been reading the braindead people who put the ban on are only allowing2 days 1st and 2nd of may to get beer then a ban is back on

1 minute ago, Philipg114763 said:

7i agree but i just been reading the braindead people who put the ban on are only allowing2 days 1st and 2nd of may to get beer then a ban is back on

They may or may not be "braindead". 

But what is absolutely 100% certain is that if the ban is lifted so we can all buy alcoholto enjoy at home, but then people congregate to drink alcohol in public, any lifted ban will be reimposed double quick.  And sadly I can see exactly that happening

Who, then would be the "braindead"?

Oh but that they would come down hard - very hard - on those who break the rules, pour encourage les autres, so the the majority are not impacted.

PH

I certainly don't disagree with the curfew. As others here have said, I like the peace and quiet. That said, I'm now an old dude. I drink very little alcohol, and I never visit bars or clubs anymore. (Right, no life!) So the only real inconvenience to me is having to wear a mask (I HATE those things) when I go out for a little shopping; or for a required trip to the hospital for my wife or myself. 

Still, objectively, I have to wonder what these Thai officials think they are accomplishing for their country. They have done possibly irreparable damage to the tourist industry that is so important to their economy. There is currently NO reason at all for anyone to visit Thailand; and there is a long list of reasons to avoid it: no entertainment venues; no alcohol sold; no beaches or sporting activities; mandatory face masks; and a 10 PM curfew. Sure sounds like a vacation paradise to me, right?

OK, this is the low season for tourism. They have turned it into the NO SEASON. And when the typical high season opens in the fall, will these control freaks have the restrictions totally off? If so, will tourists not fear a return of such restrictions if, during the normal flu season, a spike in COVID-19 returns? What type of screening will tourists have to endure to enter Thailand? 

I can't answer those questions; but they are certainly critical ones that the Thai government should be considering now, as they continue these unnecessary restrictions. Thailand is a very unattractive destination for all western foreigners right now, and for the immediate future. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Surasak said:

Of course it will, there's more room for it to get about????

More people died from flu and car deaths are the going to ban cars and lockdoen every time someone gets a fever the govrtmrnt are brain dead and the people will start to fight 

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Swimming pools is down to condo committee so ask them, condo gyms maybe the same I'm not sure

Not according to my (usually clued up and accurate) Juristic.  She took me through the Order (in Thai) and translated.  We have also had a visit from the Police to advise that our pool is to be closed. 

My contention that condo pools (and gyms) are private is not, apparently, the interpretaion of either Management here or the police.

PH

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Philipg114763 said:

It is to encourage everyone to gather in mass at Macro for 3 days!!!! ????

5 minutes ago, Philipg114763 said:

More people died from flu and car deaths are the going to ban cars and lockdoen every time someone gets a fever the govrtmrnt are brain dead and the people will start to fight 

Brilliant, I like to watch a good punch up.

14 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

Not according to my (usually clued up and accurate) Juristic.  She took me through the Order (in Thai) and translated.  We have also had a visit from the Police to advise that our pool is to be closed. 

My contention that condo pools (and gyms) are private is not, apparently, the interpretaion of either Management here or the police.

PH

a committee person told me that who decided whether the pool was open or closed, maybe it was superceded by a police order

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Flea and wet markets: All usual products can be sold.

With social distancing?

It's almost the month of May and I can hear a bird singing in the distance...

It's going "Cuckoo Cuckoo"....

19 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Nope, up to the mom and pop stores. Problem solved!

No it's not , my wife's father owns a shop and ran out a few days ago . Cannot reorder more. I saw a few cars ad a pick up stealthily unloading cases of beer/booze to motorcycle guys and a car across train tracks in Bangkok last night (about 7PM) Probably bought in another province that sells liquor.

The Royal Thai Government has launched a new 1111 hotline to receive complaints from foreigners in Thailand, everyone call the number get this ban lifted its wrong and call the number 

35 minutes ago, Surasak said:

Of course it will, there's more room for it to get about????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SamuiFan said:

What about the starving people, the elephants with no food and noWhere to go,  and all the abandoned animals that are starving????? Seriously this needs urgent attention. 

What about normalpeople who like a quite drink in the hot weather

19 hours ago, connda said:

Keep it locked down Thai leadership.  It's amusing to watch you all implode your country's economy and impoverish you average citizenry.  This story ain't gonna have a happy ending.

Indeed. I think it's pretty clear from the Thai language media reports that many more people are going to kill themselves due to government-enforced poverty than will die from the virus. That's what happens when you deny the people the possibility to earn a living for weeks and months on end.

• Like 2