Emergency extended for one more month, night curfew to remain

Jonathan Fairfield

Very strange decision. Why let all the people of the country suffer and starve? Would it not be better to open up those provinces that not have reported any cases at all and also those provinces that have not reported any cases for 3 - 4 weeks. Those two types of provinces only need to have a strong control of those who try get in to them. Hard to understand why people in those provinces have to suffer, and easy to lock them down again to the same as others if viruses should be detected. Acting like this could also be a good study and help for better understanding to help for when other provinces came to the same stage and it is better both for people and economy. No, the way the gouvernment act can not have with the Covid-19 to do, if it of course not is as usual act first and (maybe) think later. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, P100 said:

State of Emergency is always a nice toy for big boys in military junta! Once introduced it is so hard to give it up again. We understand you Mr Prayuth!

So do you believe the Spanish, Italian and French governments are all military juntas? Or is it o k for some governments to declare SOE's as long as you like their politics?

Coming out of lockdown needs to be cautious, planned and ready for any second wave. Or don't you bother with the news reports?

My Mom and Pop owner came here 10 minutes ago and asked if I want to by alcohol, beer etc. The information given was that they would be allowed to sell on May 1, but only on that day, maybe a provincial thing, I do not know.

11 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

So do you believe the Spanish, Italian and French governments are all military juntas? Or is it o k for some governments to declare SOE's as long as you like their politics?

Coming out of lockdown needs to be cautious, planned and ready for any second wave. Or don't you bother with the news reports?

Are there curfews in place in those countries? Did they stop selling booze? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rbanjo said:

What about the starving Thai people?

What about it, the army gov has created it, when there is no real problem, IF folk keep their distance and wear a mask to make all happy then why create hardship....?

• Like 1

I see nothing about the need to completely sterilize every golf ball before whacking them into outer space, nothing more terrifying than a virus-clad projectile winging itself towards me while I take my morning stroll desperately searching for a cold bottle of beer ????

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

combined with the Vitamin D we get through our skin (that has been proven to promote immunity) helped alot.

I'm not so sure, but I do take D3 supplements.  I exercise A LOT in the middle of the day, and it's really hot.  I see almost NOBODY looking to "soak up the rays".  I would be surprised to see how many Thais have a Vit D deficiency.  The farangs are different.  Most of us don't mind a tan.

helped a lot?  again, i'm not sure.....Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Myramar, India, Philippines, Indonesia, S. America, etc.....Can we REALLY say their numbers are low??? They aren't really testing, so can we REALLy say Vit D is helping a lot?

I personally like to use words like "maybe" "possibly" ......  

I might as well say countries with a dictatorship have helped lesson the spread....look at North Korea.  

40 minutes ago, Melbun said:

Quite rightly so. One person who is unknowingly a carrier of the virus can infect a multitude in a matter of hours. Then it's out of control ( more deaths) and lock down again. All countries are adopting a slow 'suck it and see' approach.

Don't look so sad :<( It's the truth

2 minutes ago, Accidental Tourist said:

If I read your comments on Thai Visa, I get the impression the "Farang Community" in Thailand consist mainly of drunks and sex tourist...seems old images die hard

You be careful out there, don't want you to be another tourist accident, do we....?

As for TVF drunks, can you back that up with something sensible....?   ????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

I would be surprised to see how many Thais have a Vit D deficiency.

In the cities a lot have a deficiency, out in the country not many, possibly a connection? Rates are much higher in the cities, but probably more "lifestyle" choice?

There have been studies done before, Singapore, due to the city environment was very low scoring on D.

23 hours ago, steven100 said:

agree absolutely ....  if I have to suffer another month of posters comments on TV I want to be intoxicated at the very least.

I am currently in Vietnam, so just curious to know if it is really impossible to purchase booze. None of the mom and pop down the Soi stores selling? Or were they initially and have run out of stocks? 

22 hours ago, connda said:

The pattern for the rest of the year will be extend lockdown, open up, virus cases increase, lockdown, extend lockdown, open up, virus cases increase, lockdown........

Keep it locked down Thai leadership.  It's amusing to watch you all implode your country's economy and impoverish you average citizenry.  This story ain't gonna have a happy ending.

Will be a happy ending for you and me and thousands of others if the baht does a swan dive!

Edited by Grumpy John
Smelling

Sure. He knows all around world, nations are opening up. So after 1 week he will be like the Messiah and just lift the curfew. And everyone will be like " oh our great PM" the one and only.......

42 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

I am currently in Vietnam, so just curious to know if it is really impossible to purchase booze. None of the mom and pop down the Soi stores selling? Or were they initially and have run out of stocks? 

as it stands it may be difficult or impossible for a person to buy beer unless you are in the know or have a contact. mom and pop stores will sell it to you but they are located outside bangkok, as such it's difficult to locate a mom & pop store in Bangkok and even if you can they are reluctant to sell as it could result in a heavy fine and closure. An announcement is expected tomorrow regarding the ban and when it will be permissible to sell again.

6 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

If everything is closed and no drink is allowed to be sold then what is the purpose of the 10-4 lockdown ? Nobody is going to be wanting to go anywhere at that time as everywhere is shut !! For people needing to travel by car for a reason or delivery companies it makes long distance travel pain . 

The purpose of the curfew is to keep the crime down, half the population is currently unemployed, government must enforce a curfew otherwise muggings, burglaries etc would sky rocket.

Sorry no link to clarify this, just my opinion, personally I think it’s very obvious. Also I’m pretty sure the government would not admit to this, as it would mean admitting they don’t have crime under control in the country.

• Haha 1