Biden, seeking support of women, wins Hillary Clinton's endorsement

webfact

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 7:38 PM, Mama Noodle said:

And another OP without a single mention of Biden's sexual assault allegations. 

No mention of him falling asleep during the Town Hall like a geriatric. 

No mention of his incoherent rambling. 

Good god if Trump got half the cover that the good ole establishment Democrats get it, it wouldn't even be a race. 

Its absolutely does not matter who will be President of USA.

US citizen in Florida.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Like I say let’s hear the testimonies, see the evidence and then decide who’s telling the truth.

As for your claim of ‘character assassination’ and that ‘she’s very credible’.

Examining the character and credibility of the accuser is not ‘character assassination, just as declaring her credibility without examination is meaningless.

Again, let’s hear the testimonies, see the evidence and then decide who’s telling the truth.

This story has been in the responsible press now for about two months now. The Biden campaign and the Democrat aligned press had hoped it would go away and remained entirely silent on the issue. For about 10 days now, surrogates have been denying Biden's having done anything and no one's buying it, so NOW it has finally made it into "the papers of record". Once it did finally surface in the mainstream press it was only to assasinate the character of the accuser. It's shameful frankly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm going to keep this real. 

Biden is not very many people's first choice but politically he has been the obvious choice as the strongest democratic choice to beat 45.

I wish this sex charge had been much better vetted long ago and if proven credible that it would have eliminated Biden.

But that didn't happen.

Also IF this corona virus global crisis had happened much earlier, Bernie would have been the obvious best choice. Given the new realities, he probably still is, but it is too late.

Everyone has endorsed Biden including Bernie.

Short of dropping out he will be nominated.

Scandal or not, as Biden is running against the most horrible human being and president imaginable, Biden will continue to be in a strong position to beat 45.

The majority of Americans will hate both choices as they did last time.

But this time we know what one choice actually is as president and the other choice Biden was actually quite a successful two term vice president.

So basically Biden can hold the ball, and let 45 lose. Not predicting that will happen of course as I don't even know that we will have an election. 

These aren't normal times. In normal times an absurd character like 45 would have never become president. In normal times a sex scandal as Biden is experiencing would either eliminate or greatly damage a candidate.

It's hard to imagine that will happen in this case. It will be Biden vs. 45 and Biden's scandal will not be a major factor in the outcome.

Like that or not. That's where we're at.

So, in other words, for the 12th time in my voting eligible lifetime, this is again "the most important election in American history".

Edited by lannarebirth
  • Like 2

On 4/29/2020 at 8:05 AM, Proboscis said:

I grant you ALL of what you say (although the sexual assault stuff has not been tried in a court of law). And yet, give us Biden ANY DAY rather than Trump who simply makes any thinking American embarassed when they are abroad to say they are American. Even the backpackers sew a Canadian flag to their luggage so as not to be identified as from the USA!

I've met several Americans in the LOS who are more than happy with having Trump as their leader.

I've also met some who aren't just like we had the Johnson/Corbyn camps during the last election in the UK.

But at the end of the day common sense prevailed and Johnson wound up in Number 10.

After this CV19 crisis it'll be down to who the public will consider most capable of getting your country back on track.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

I've met several Americans in the LOS who are more than happy with having Trump as their leader.

I've also met some who aren't just like we had the Johnson/Corbyn camps during the last election in the UK.

But at the end of the day common sense prevailed and Johnson wound up in Number 10.

After this CV19 crisis it'll be down to who the public will consider most capable of getting your country back on track.

Wow, a completely sensible post on a topic about politics. How refreshing for a change. Thanks for the breath of fresh air.

While I absolutely despise Trump as a human being (and have for decades since working in the real estate business in NYC), I like many of his policies. I just wish he would shut the hell up and focus on that and let others do their jobs like he does in his private business. But anyone who has known him in the past assumes everything out of his mouth is puffery - it's a running joke in the business.

Biden on the other hand was not bad from a policy perspective, very pragmatic and more or less centric, in his Senate career. But not sure where he is these days and his obviously diminished mental capacity just scares the bejesus out of me. Until it is proven otherwise, I can't vote for someone in his obvious state of confusion. Don't think the Chinese or Russians or anyone else won't take notice and try to take advantage of that situation. After all the President is the final decider of the use of the military.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It would be the opposite of common sense to reelect 45. It would actually be suicidal. 

Sorry but your comparisons to the UK don't wash. 

Johnson isn't 45. 

Corbyn isn't Biden. 

You might have been on more solid ground if Bernie had been nominated. 

But even then that wouldn't work. Corbyn has been linked to Labour's antisemitism while Bernie is a Jew. 

Also in the U.S. antisemitism is much closer linked to the white nationalist 45 movement rather than the democratic party which enjoys overwhelming support from American Jews. 

Yes we all know there are plenty of 45 American fans in Thailand but so what? They are hardly representative of Americans in general and the current polls forecast 45 losing very badly. Doesn't mean he will but he's clearly worried. 

Ah the Polls!  that worked well last time didn't it

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I believe the accuser. And what possible reason would she have for making a false accusation?

So they will have some meetings. All the Dem politicians will say she "must be heard", they feel

for her. Maybe Pelosi will shed a tear. Biden will agree she should be heard, and will lie and deny everything. 

Then it will be forgotten. Just like with the dirty Kavanaugh and his kangaroo court investigation.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, yogi100 said:

Your comparisons make no sense. If you want to add any really helpful meaningful opinion learn American politics first.

• Confused 1

A trolling meme post and the replies have been removed. 

A post with off topic comments about Boris Johnson has been removed. 

A post with links to unapproved Facebook sources has been removed:

18) Social Media content is not to be used as  source material unless it is from a recognized or approved news media source,  the source of any such material (Twitter, Facebook  etc.) should always be shown

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It would be the opposite of common sense to reelect 45. It would actually be suicidal. 

Sorry but your comparisons to the UK don't wash. 

Johnson isn't 45. 

Corbyn isn't Biden. 

You might have been on more solid ground if Bernie had been nominated. 

But even then that wouldn't work. Corbyn has been linked to Labour's antisemitism while Bernie is a Jew. 

Also in the U.S. antisemitism is much closer linked to the white nationalist 45 movement rather than the democratic party which enjoys overwhelming support from American Jews. 

Yes we all know there are plenty of 45 American fans in Thailand but so what? They are hardly representative of Americans in general and the current polls forecast 45 losing very badly. Doesn't mean he will but he's clearly worried. 

Proof is he is so worried he risked Impeachment. Sad he was not tried by Republicans, unlike the last criminal Nixon. America is not the home of many good moral valued Americans anymore.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Time is up on that rhetoric. Move on to today. Didn't you get the message in 2018. Guess not.

On top of that the polls were very accurate in 2016 on HRC's popular vote victory which was indeed substantial. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Joe Biden believes we should believe women when they accuse men of sexual misconduct.  But, of course, he’s innocent...right?  Stacy Abrams believes him...

Abrams figures she has nothing to lose. She either becomes VP or her political career is done

2 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Your comparisons make no sense. If you want to add any really helpful meaningful opinion learn American politics first.

I know enough about American politics to have an opinion about the basic situation.

Trump is a republican president and the rough equivalent of his party is our Conservative Party while the rough equivalent of Biden's party is the UK's Labour Party.

Our Labour Party favoured Obama and Hillary while the Conservatives are more in line with the Republicans and to a limited degree with Trump.

To be honest I'm more interested in UK and EU politics but if I want to express opinions on US politics I'll do so and if you don't like or agree with them then I'm sorry but just that's hard cheese as this is an open forum.

• Thanks 2

From one day to another:

As Biden struggles, Hillary waits for the call
"Don’t look now, but Joe is failing. Not only has his campaign been rocked by sexual assault allegations from one-time staffer Tara Reade, but the public is beginning to give up on the former vice president. A new Emerson College poll showed 57 percent of likely voters think President Trump will win reelection in November".
https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/495371-as-biden-struggles-hillary-waits-for-the-call

Two old men who want to lead America. To me the difference is one wants America first and the other wants... Hell, I don't know if he remembers why ,he's so far left and out of it.

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, riclag said:

As Biden struggles, Hillary waits for the call

Oh I do hope so. Would be far more entertaining debates than with Joe, who appears to be losing it, so he'd just be sad to watch.

Well done the founding fathers and their electoral college.