PATTAYA GYMS ? do they reopen on Friday 1st May 2020 ?

samtab

3 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

What is it with the modern day obsession with gyms? everyone just seems to talk about gyms these days.

Am I the only one that can't stand the wretched places?

I'm not against exercise, but can't abide a gym environment. Ghastly, pretentious and thoroughly boring, sterile places.

I hate them too, but I do go regularly and I hate not being able to go, more than I hate the boring repetitive nature of the exercise I do there.  A necessary evil in my life. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

What is it with the modern day obsession with gyms? everyone just seems to talk about gyms these days.

Am I the only one that can't stand the wretched places?

I'm not against exercise, but can't abide a gym environment. Ghastly, pretentious and thoroughly boring, sterile places.

I just workout in the gym, do my own thing. Some gyms can be sterile and the people in them can be pretentious I agree. 

• Haha 1

Fitness 7 has about 30% of the gym with air con.  Also Jett and  Coco have air con.

However the last two are not aimed at those who require heavy weights.  Fitness 7 is possibly the best choice around here.  They at least have 85kg dumbbells and a Smith that can go to 300kg.

No Golds, but alas..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, JackGats said:

Gyms in Pat useless. No air con. I recommend waiting for Decatlon on Pattaya North Road to open, and to buy a set of resistance bands. 

You really know nothing if you think that gyms have no aircon hahahahaha...

And i don't even live at Pattaya...

• Like 1

I understand from Universal Gym (Pattaya) that from May 1 only open air gyms (= ? non-air con) may resume at reduced operating levels plus Covid19 social distancing and wearing of a mask. Their current expectation is that as an air conditioned gym, it will be mid-June before they will be allowed to operate. Life is tough in small business as well as for the population at large.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JackGats said:

Do they have aircon everywhere? I remember long ago trying out one gym where only 1 of the 2 rooms had aircon.

The huge downstairs area is  completely air-conditioned, while a small section of the upstairs part (for boxing) is not, or at least not really cool. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Pilotman said:

I hate them too, but I do go regularly and I hate not being able to go, more than I hate the boring repetitive nature of the exercise I do there.  A necessary evil in my life. 

I like gyms. I like working out with good equipment. I like the eye candy. I like the camaraderie. I like the energy.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, JayBird said:

Fitness 7 has about 30% of the gym with air con.  Also Jett and  Coco have air con.

However the last two are not aimed at those who require heavy weights.  Fitness 7 is possibly the best choice around here.  They at least have 85kg dumbbells and a Smith that can go to 300kg.

No Golds, but alas..

I also frequent Fitness 7. Takes up part of California Wow! which I had belonged to.

Have you tried Universe gym? I never heard of it before. Will Google.

22 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Why not change your workout frequently? There are many ways to work out each muscle group.

14 hours ago, RemyDog said:

I understand from Universal Gym (Pattaya) that from May 1 only open air gyms (= ? non-air con) may resume at reduced operating levels plus Covid19 social distancing and wearing of a mask. Their current expectation is that as an air conditioned gym, it will be mid-June before they will be allowed to operate. Life is tough in small business as well as for the population at large.

I would think an open-air gym would be be like some of Tony's gyms that have few if any walls.

All of these measures demonstrate the level of disdain the Thai government has for its own people.  To be so intentionally cruel to them for no good reason and to threaten mass punishments if the number of infections grows, show just what sort of tyranny this population is subject to.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SMEinBangkok said:

To be so intentionally cruel to them for no good reason and to threaten mass punishments if the number of infections grows,

Please let us know what these "mass punishments" are that they have threatened?

Depends what you require from Thai air-con use...I find doing serious cardio in gyms here difficult due to the 24-25 degrees in the gym...I either add to this by taking in a portable fan or run outside where at least there is a breeze and you can wring your shirt out without looking disgusting....

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, gamesgplayemail said:

any update ?

Fitness 7 updated their Facbook page today saying they would be re-opening at 9am on June 15.    Presumably that's indicative of whatever regional or government regulations have been mooted or implemented, and likely to be across the board for all gyms.

• Like 1