U.S. coronavirus outbreak soon to be deadlier than any flu since 1967 as deaths top 60,000

webfact

It does not matter how many people die per day anywhere in the USA, Trump and his

gang want the people to get back to work. There are gangs of protesters who also

want to work as well. I will be surprised if less than 200 thousand people

die from this virus. Keep following Donnys advice, Make America number one.

After all it is just aother flu, right?

Geezer

9 hours ago, Kinnock said:

Not necessarily.  Several doctors have expressed concern about extra deaths being caused by people avoiding hospital visits for fear of catching COVID or because regular appointments have been cancelled - leading to earlier deaths from heart disease, cancer etc.

You obviously didn't read the article as it covers those who die from other causes in excess deaths:

Figures from the UK’s Office for National Statistics indicate that the coronavirus is to blame for more than two-thirds of the excess deaths in England and Wales

However, some of the unexplained excess deaths could be a result of more people dying of other causes, such as heart attack or stroke, because some are avoiding going to hospital due to the coronavirus

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg24632804-100-how-many-people-have-really-died-from-covid-19-so-far/#ixzz6L98vP03m

• Like 2

On 4/30/2020 at 7:16 AM, Kinnock said:

So the headline could also be written - "coronavirus not deadlier than flu".

And with improvements in detection methods, hardly a like for like comparison.

But where's the value in not creating fear?

It could also be written 'China Launches Their First Bio-Warfare Attack on the Western World'

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, stevenl said:

Most doctors think about their patients.

Barely, when it comes to Covid, as they are nearly completely blinded by established influenza protocols, which are obviously not working. If I had Covid, the last nation on earth I would want to be receiving medical care right now is the US. 

16 hours ago, Ventenio said:

just do that math:  Vaccines will need to be given every year

Average revenue, worldwide, will be in the trillions and then medicine in the trillions as well.   

Who will make those pills?  China.  Who owns some of those companies?  It would be funny if those people were connected to the WHO

We are talking about tens of trillions of dollars.  

that is a fact.  and the only fact we know.  lol

Until you can justify "Average revenue, worldwide, will be in the trillions", and your other claims, your post isn't about facts, it is pure conjecture.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, simple1 said:

Way too many nonsensical comments concerning Covid-19 on this forum. 

To be fair it was more of a question than a comment and a question that you failed to answer I might add but instead made a nonsensical comment.You ask others to provide empirical proof yet fail to do the same when it is asked of yourself.

23 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

You can chose not to treat the virus seriously. There are many that feel the same as you. Some were ok, some got infected and some die. That’s the reality that you have to chose. 

Where did I say I do not treat is seriously? I think one person dying is serious. Learning to read before responding will help. 

*Removed post edited out as well as the reply*

Edited by metisdead
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, sucit said:

Where did I say I do not treat is seriously? I think one person dying is serious. Learning to read before responding will help. 

You are not getting the point obviously. The flu is nothing to us. In fact, we do not even think about flu deaths, ever. Hopefully you can read the rest between the lines. 

And.... how would you possibly know how destructive it is without those measures in place. The actual answer is you can't by the way. 

Nope, not a clue what you are on about. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Nope, not a clue what you are on about. 

When someone responds with nothing, it says everything. 

There is absolutely no evidence lockdowns or social distancing works. Just because nobody has figured this out yet does not make it untrue. 

Edited by sucit
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

To be fair it was more of a question than a comment and a question that you failed to answer I might add but instead made a nonsensical comment.You ask others to provide empirical proof yet fail to do the same when it is asked of yourself.

The facts have been broadcast on every credible media outlet. If you fail to acknowledge the veracity I'm not going to waste my time responding.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, sucit said:

When someone responds with nothing, it says everything. 

There is absolutely no evidence lockdowns or social distancing works. Just because nobody has figured this out yet does not make it untrue. 

Back that claim up with facts please. 

Edit: facts from a credible source and not conspiracy theory sites or YouTube. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Back that claim up with facts please. 

You need to back your claims up, not me! 

People all over the news are misstating "the lockdowns are lowering deaths". What i am saying is we don't know yet... this is a fact. 

That is what needs to be proven. Just because it gets dark after I eat dinner, does not mean eating dinner makes the sun go down. What you would have to do is eat at noon to test it. Oh, look at that, now we know eating dinner does not make the sun go down. 

Look at US states. Many are not locked down. Are the numbers significantly worse in those states? The truth is, we don't know. This is up to you though, you are the one claiming the lockdown works and that death numbers would be higher without them. So, back it up. But there is no scientific correlation there yet. It is just people looking at lines on a graph and thinking they know something, when in fact they don't yet. 

Edited by sucit
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, sucit said:

People all over the news are misstating "the lockdowns are lowering deaths". 

That is what needs to be proven. Just because it gets dark after I eat dinner, does not mean eating dinner makes the sun go down. What you would have to do is eat at noon to test it. Oh, look at that, now we know eating dinner does not make the sun go down. 

Look at US states. Many are not locked down. This is up to you though, you are the one claiming the lockdown works and that death numbers would be higher without them. So, back it up. But there is no scientific correlation there yet. It is just people looking at lines on a graph and thinking they know something, when in fact they don't yet. 

Where lockdowns have been put in place in countries such as China, Spain, Italy, the U.K., Eire, New Zealand and other countries world wide infection rates have declined. 

Here’s just one of many reports on how it has worked in Spain. 

https://amp.france24.com/en/20200411-spain-to-ease-coronavirus-lockdown-as-rates-of-infections-and-deaths-slow

Now, back up your claim. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, simple1 said:

The facts have been broadcast on every credible media outlet. If you fail to acknowledge the veracity I'm not going to waste my time responding.

22 hours ago, simple1 said:

Illogical to compare with the flu.

Most medical advice has been saying if you experience "flu like symptoms" you should get checked to see if you have C19.This has been broadcast on "every credible media outlet" which seems to indicate that C19 has been compared to the flu the entire outbreak.Are you saying it's illogical to compare the two? I will also add that the OP is making comparisons about C19 and the Flu so I guess they are being illogical.

Edited by FarFlungFalang

A conspiricy troll post and replies have been removed:

UPDATED NOTICE TO MEMBERS POSTING ON THAIVISA AMID COVID-19 - 25 MARCH 2020

In addition to the guidelines posted below and those detailed in the Thaivisa forum rules and following the announcement that Thai government will invoke emergency powers in order to help deal with the COVID-19 situation in the country, Thaivisa requests members posting on the forum to abide by the following:

Do not post news or any form of content, including video, audio, images, social media posts that contains messages that may cause people to be afraid or intentionally distort information, causing misunderstanding during the COVID-19 pandemic.   

Any posts or topics which our moderation team deems to be scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed without warning. You may also be subject to a posting suspension or have your profile permanently suspended from the site. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

Where lockdowns have been put in place in countries such as China, Spain, Italy, the U.K., Eire, New Zealand and other countries world wide infection rates have declined. 

Here’s just one of many reports on how it has worked in Spain. 

https://amp.france24.com/en/20200411-spain-to-ease-coronavirus-lockdown-as-rates-of-infections-and-deaths-slow

Now, back up your claim. 

Where does the article say that they studied that the lockdown had any effect?There is no mention of the lockdown affecting the infection rate only that the lockdowns were being wound back.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Where does the article say that they studied that the lockdown had any effect?There is no mention of the lockdown affecting the infection rate only that the lockdowns were being wound back.

I am not talking about the article, I am asking a poster to back up their claim. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

So you can’t back up your claim. Quelle surprise 

This the claim you made by the way

“There is absolutely no evidence lockdowns or social distancing works.“

This article he posted gives a good argument against the efficacy of lockdowns if you read it. It was interesting. It does speak to the effectiveness of quarantines, mask wearing and school closures, travel restrictions, etc. Or are you just saying that since you presented evidence that there is evidence? or he has to prove that there is no evidence?  https://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2020/04/62572/

Edited by vermin on arrival
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

This article he posted gives a good argument against the efficacy of lockdowns if you read it. It was interesting. It does speak to the effectiveness of quarantines, mask wearing and school closures, travel restrictions, etc. Or are you just saying that since you presented evidence that there is evidence? or he has to prove that there is no evidence?  https://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2020/04/62572/

No I am asking him to defend the claim he made that

There is absolutely no evidence lockdowns or social distancing works.“

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its just common sense lockdowns work. Isolate people in their homes so they cannot go out = less spread = less deaths. Thats just logic pure and simple, you don't need proof to make that claim.

The bigger question is how well they work compared to other models. Lockdowns have severe collateral damage in every sense, to people, economy just about everything and are probably false economy if you had followed a better approach.

With hindsight then I would say South Korea is a model that all countries should have adopted, high testing, high contact tracing, rinse and repeat. Not a magic cure but worked so far. I'm sure although that was expensive to initiate, in the long run it is cheaper than a broken economy and all the excess deaths.

interesting article on lockdowns which @sucit posted, but his post seems down. https://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2020/04/62572/

3 hours ago, sucit said:

People all over the news are misstating "the lockdowns are lowering deaths". What i am saying is we don't know yet... this is a fact. 

Look at US states. Many are not locked down. Are the numbers significantly worse in those states? The truth is, we don't know. This is up to you though, you are the one claiming the lockdown works and that death numbers would be higher without them. So, back it up. But there is no scientific correlation there yet. It is just people looking at lines on a graph and thinking they know something, when in fact they don't yet. 

Dude, it's not as though we haven't understood how viruses spread for, like, over 100 years. What are you on about?

• Haha 1