Video: Mother of all overloaded trucks - how on earth did that pass inspection!?

webfact

The tRuth is it isn't overloaded!  Each of the fruit boxes weigh on average 2kg and a modified pick-up is allowed to carry 3.5 ton. I am not going to count the boxes I see but there is bound to be 700 On there. He11 I have had 150 empty boxes on my pick-up and it not modified!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

That is unbelievable, why on earth did the police not pull that pickup over?

Unsafe, slightest bit of wind and its over, possibly hitting other vehicles, maybe injuring/ killing people.

That bit of video just shows what A bunch OF USELESS PATHETIC BUMS THE POLICE ARE HERE.

It's incredible, but nothing in the Thai traffic laws prohibits that.
It is also the same thing in the French Highway Code;
there is no height limitation, however incredible it may be.
on the other hand, if this vehicle because of the wind for example, moves on a side and touches another vehicle, the driver will be at fault; same thing if it destroys power lines or internet fiber cables.

In 1976, we had a terrible drought in France; Breton farmers no longer had straw for their animals.
For 2 months, instead of going on my regular trips to Italy, I carried straw in my semi-trailer; we had 14 rows of straw which made a height of 5.70 m; of course one could not pass under any bridge on the motorways; the tallest are 5.5 m; we were therefore obliged to cross cities prohibited for heavy goods vehicles;

the police were running after us; we managed not to drive too fast but enough to be able to pass all the green lights to avoid stopping and taking a fine.
In any case, in the event of fines, they were systematically taken care of by the departments concerned by the drought.

3 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

There are none as I write just above.

Not aimed at you. Aimed at the idiots that assume everything in Thailand is wrong or must be wrong.

Edit: Although there is a possibility that vehicle would not be allowed on the Chonburi Motorway. As they are quite strict on there. Even about uncovered motorbikes and other loads.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

The tRuth is it isn't overloaded!  Each of the fruit boxes weigh on average 2kg and a modified pick-up is allowed to carry 3.5 ton. I am not going to count the boxes I see but there is bound to be 700 On there. He11 I have had 150 empty boxes on my pick-up and it not modified!

You are talking of overloading strictly from a weight perspective, 

but that is not the question here.

When loading goods onto a truck the stacking height of the pallets and/or boxes is also important.

What if Somchai decided to speed up or reached an area with a slight incline?

2 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Not aimed at you. Aimed at the idiots that assume everything in Thailand is wrong or must be wrong.

Edit: Although there is a possibility that vehicle would not be allowed on the Chonburi Motorway. As they are quite strict on there. Even about uncovered motorbikes and other loads.

If the thai police were at the side of the road to enforce the Highway Code, that would be known.
Unfortunately that is not the case and that is why we see so much <deleted>, vehicles in the pit, or on the back, other vehicles with a huge cantilever
I do not know how much it is in the USA or in Thailand but in France the maximum authorized is 3.5 meters from the middle of the last axle ;Here we often see vehicles with a cantilever of several meters

1967133568_P9240899_rd_22(Copy).thumb.JPG.cb6347ff068a10a218a7ff6484874126.JPG

• Like 2