Postal time to the UK?

SteveK

UK. to Thailand my mail takes  minimum  14 days .... Thailand to UK   7 days,.... But last week a  registered  letter from Uk to Nongprue took 6 days door to door..a record delivery time

2 hours ago, Monomial said:

Plus, of course, the not yet fully Brexited, UK.

Yep, Thailand Post is still offering a mail service of sorts from Thailand to the UK. In stark contrast to their totally incompetent UK counterpart, Royal Mail, in the opposite direction!

Just now, OJAS said:

Yep, Thailand Post is still offering a mail service of sorts from Thailand to the UK. In stark contrast to their totally incompetent UK counterpart, Royal Mail, in the opposite direction!

Takes 3 weeks for my payslip to reach me from the UK at the moment (just normal mail).

IMHO that's pretty good.

This posting may be too late for the 'op' but the following info may help others:
I posted a document to the UK on Saturday 2nd at 10:30 by EMS
Arrived at Swampy on Sunday 3rd at 13.11 however, this is the end of EMS tracking as the document was transferred to DHL. I cannot tell when the document arrived at my UK bank but the bank posted a reply on Wednesday 6th i.e., a maximum of 4 days from posting to receipt which is faster than before the Corona infection.
cheersD
p.s. posting cost B1100
p.p.s. confirm with the P.O. they are using DHL for the International leg as my missus called one office and was told EMS documents take 2-3 months as they are now shipped.....
says it all really:)

On 5/4/2020 at 5:49 PM, OJAS said:

So it looks like Royal Mail's transport links to Thailand which had presumably been available up until 23 April magically ceased to be from that date. Yet their transport links to Malaysia, Indonesia and Vietnam are presumably still in place since their services to those 3 particular countries have not similarly been suspended since 23 April! IMHO Royal Mail really do need to do much better in coming up with more plausible excuses to justify their bungling, incompetent ineptitude than their pathetic BS offering on this particular occasion.

I hear that Royal Mail are already in deep negotiations with VFS for them to take over the mail handling for the UK's overseas resident curmudgeons. Their Bangkok post office will be colocated in the Trendy office building on Soi 13.