Rayong Booze Update

Anybody have any good news regarding the booze situation. I'm in Rayong area, went to one place this morning and he said 15 more days. I got hard liquor on hand but a cold beer for the beach is all I want. 

• Haha 2

Its over all major news outlets that the ban has been extended to 31st May. The Government ban does not permit local Government superseding and permitting it. So its a dry month, other than buying from the local shop which runs the risk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I got hard liquor on hand but a cold beer for the beach is all I want. 

You've got access to a beach???????

Count yourself lucky, you're hauled off to the monkey house here in Pattaya for just setting foot on the sand.

A cold beer and a beach, it's what the tropical idyll is all about really, but it's no longer allowed in Pattaya.

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Count yourself lucky, you're hauled off to the monkey house here in Pattaya for just setting foot on the sand.

A cold beer and a beach, it's what the tropical idyll is all about really, but it's no longer allowed in Pattaya.

Yeah, condolences. But with the stay at home mantro I haven't been going.

I live in Rayong and asked my wife if we are allowed to go to the beach. She said yes ,they take your temp and you have to leave by 4 pm. Lots of food vendors there along the road. She talked to someone that sells bbq there as well in other areas.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beats56 said:

I live in Rayong and asked my wife if we are allowed to go to the beach. She said yes ,they take your temp and you have to leave by 4 pm. Lots of food vendors there along the road. She talked to someone that sells bbq there as well in other areas.

Different beaches in Rayong different rules. In Phala it's all shut down with a few mobile units around.

According to the Bangkok Post it's to prevent social gatherings. There have been many reports of people, mainly Thai  having noisy drinks parties and neighbours reporting the parties.  The police not only found no social distancing  at these parties but drugs too. TIT.

3 hours ago, Guderian said:

How long have you been staying in Thailand? When you've been here for years, a couple of months away from the beach is nothing. 

2 minutes ago, digger70 said:

I dunno But I want to believe him Now . I stocked up today so we will see if we can get more on the third.   :burp:

lots of social media rumours, but nobody has yet produced a reliable statement from the Government. So right now, I take it with a large pinch of salt. 

22 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

lots of social media rumours, but nobody has yet produced a reliable statement from the Government. So right now, I take it with a large pinch of salt. 

Forget the salt Fella It's Thailand News.  :burp: 

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/cv19-asia/cv19-thailand/national-alcohol-ban-to-be-lifted-from-sunday-may-3

Edited by digger70
New News
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am not going out of my place until they lift the booze ban. My money is too precious to spend it

on junk food and soft drinks. This government leaders should get out of sun if they don't wear a hat.

I think they lost their marbles. Do they think people come to Thailand just to drink filtered water?!

At least some provinces are selling alcohol from today. I was in my local Tops Supermarket in Chon Buri this morning and cartons of beer were heading through the checkouts at a record rate.