Rental market has imploded, landlords offer crazy discounts for tenants -- my experience with searching for a condo for rent this week

Ecosudmon

7 minutes ago, Oldie said:

You only list offers from gecko-properties.com. Are there no other good offers? 

The owner of this one offered me this one for 8,500 instead of 9,000, the agency is Paradise Realty: https://www.thailand-property.com/condo-for-rent-in-the-gallery-jomtien-chonburi_4002368

The one I rented was from with the agency Thompson Property but I did not want to show it here because it would make the location of my new rental place public.

The agencies do not offer discounts, the owners do. I think the agency does not influence that so everyone should be able to find discounted condos at every agency when they ask for it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Looking for 2 condos I know well, prices on these websites are really inflated compared to usual prices in these places. If you like a condominium, better to walk in and look for rent ads on the board.

Interesting. What could be the incentive for the owner to offer a condo for a higher rent on these websites compared to the board? Owners compete with each other on these website and people who go on the website to look for a condo will call the owner with the lowest advertised price.

• Confused 2

30 minutes ago, Ecosudmon said:

Interesting. What could be the incentive for the owner to offer a condo for a higher rent on these websites compared to the board?  //

Unsure, but maybe they are targeting through Internet potential tenants who are still abroad, or tourists looking for a 1-2 months rental. In links given by the OP, I didn't see any indication of contract length (month? year?...) so probably short term prices, and then higher.

1 hour ago, Ecosudmon said:

Interesting. What could be the incentive for the owner to offer a condo for a higher rent on these websites compared to the board? Owners compete with each other on these website and people who go on the website to look for a condo will call the owner with the lowest advertised price.

These websites and brokers don't ask for any commission? Here at my condo complex in Pattaya for instance there are many apartment offers from owners in the entrance hall that you will not find on the internet. Really great rates from individual owners. Sure you will have to go there. But you should check out the location anyway. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ecosudmon said:

The owner of this one offered me this one for 8,500 instead of 9,000, the agency is Paradise Realty: https://www.thailand-property.com/condo-for-rent-in-the-gallery-jomtien-chonburi_4002368

The one I rented was from with the agency Thompson Property but I did not want to show it here because it would make the location of my new rental place public.

The agencies do not offer discounts, the owners do. I think the agency does not influence that so everyone should be able to find discounted condos at every agency when they ask for it.

What a remarkable condo.

Complete with a cheap copy of Astro turf in the living room. 

This has to be the deal of the century

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Ecosudmon said:

For this place I would not pay 1 baht over 6,000....Now that I think about it 5,000 max.....

Edited by redwood1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Snow Leopard said:

The discounts will come. The real estate bubble is over me thinks for a few years. I am currently buying real estate in the UK. Not residential. 

Property prices are currently up just over 1%, since this time last year in the UK.

Why do you say it is attractive to buy now when the average price of a home is 230,000 pounds.