Fastest way to send money to my gfs bank during covid19

Personally I would communicate with as many of the other guys sending her money to see if you could just make a joint one time transfer.  Total fees should be lower.  Was at BB a few months ago and one young lady was at the outdoor machine updating 10-12 of her passbooks.  Assume each sender of funds had his own account.  Just saying ......

WU is fast with similar fees, she can get the money in most bank subsidiaries of all major Thai banks. There are also dedicated WU branches, but they might charge additional handling fee. Once you've initiated transaction you need to send her the transaction number for her to be able to pick up the money, also real first and last name on her id card must be identical. 

On 5/3/2020 at 11:53 AM, yacobm8 said:

Unfortunately I don't have a bank account currently in thailand

You can transfer money quite fast using Western Union. Just check their website. TransferWise would  be my answer if you register. It's free and quite easy. You don't need a Thai bank account, you just register your gf's bank account as receiving account and your bank account at home as sending account. This is the fastest (and normally the cheapest) way to send money. From a couple of hours to 24 hours,unless it's a weekend or a long holiday in Thailand. 

15 minutes ago, Garretnewyork said:

I've known some stupid men who never helped their immediate family , parents , sisters ,uncle or friends that were in need but they always felt proud helping a hole, fact remains that these women would never love u , no matter how much u send , ur just a buffalo ATM. LOL, some men are like this . I'm sure this would never end well in future.

Know it all Jokes

On 5/3/2020 at 12:08 PM, Boycie said:

Fastest way....how urgent does she need money?

How much do you want to send?

I could maybe help you out. Do you have UK internet banking? 

Transfer the money you want to send to your girlfriend to my UK Nationwide account and give me her Thai bank details. Once i see the money in my account, I'll go to the ATM here in Thailand and transfer Thai Baht straight to her account.

What a nice man ?

On 5/3/2020 at 12:16 PM, Mavideol said:

easy peezy... just use any of the agencies some have referred to, transferwise, western union, etc. and she will have the money on her account usually within 3-5 days

XE.com  up to 4 days and comparatively cheaperthan most.

On 5/3/2020 at 6:54 PM, uncleP said:

You could also open a separate account and send her a cash card. Top it up at your leisure 

I find this very easy, using one special account for this, she can only withdraw the amount that i put into this account.    easi peasie !

On 5/3/2020 at 8:15 PM, VBF said:

In January I sent £4000 from my UK bank to SCB - fee was £86.74.

I guess "pro-rata" wasn't strictly true but my point was it's scalable unlike if one sends a foreign transfer from a UK bank, they will probably charge around £25 whatever amount you send - of course the exchange rate isn't usually as good as with TW so even if you pay a higher fee, you need to weigh the rate against the fee.

And, TW is transparent - you know exactly how many Baht you will get for your £ BEFORE you send it, and TW are paying Baht into a Thai account so no fees at the Thai end.

Same with XE.com money transfer they give you the option, your currency or Thai Bht, but explain that using Thai Bht is cheaper for you.

• Like 1

I've always used Western Union. Transfer is instant, and the recipient can pick up the cash from the WU branch nearest to them - and there are hundreds of them across LOS. Once you've made a payment to an individual you can resend to the same person with a couple of clicks on the app / website the next time. 

Are the fees higher than Transferwise - I don't know? I should really look at other methods, but WU has become like a comfortable pair of slippers for me. Just like I still buy tracks on itunes when the rest of the world has moved to subscription models ????‍♂️

On 5/4/2020 at 1:10 AM, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Exactly what I've been thinking. As the saying goes - no good deed goes unpunished. My girlfriend just wrote me yesterday that she's having financial difficulties - of course my first instinct was to offer help, but then I would perpetuate the habits that drove her into this situation - she's a shopaholic and spends all of her disposable income on stupid <deleted> she'd never use, her perfume collection is huge. She normally makes 20-30k, now reduced to around 5k - yes, she will have to give up her shopping habit and be frugal for a while - maybe even sell some of the <deleted> she bought to make ends meet - but those are positive changes...

Tough love. She really hit the jackpot with you mate ????