Planes allowed 12-hour window for take-off and landings at airports

webfact

Planes allowed 12-hour window for take-off and landings at airports

By The Nation

800_e67ef907e577222.jpeg?v=1588513977

Photo credit :feelthai

Aircraft will be allowed to take off and land at airports between 7am and 7pm as part of efforts to contain the spread of Covid-19, Chula Sukmanop, director-general of the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand, said on Sunday (May 3).

Airports that have reopened for domestic flights are: Phitsanulok, Phrae, Mae Sot in Mae Hong Son province, and Lampang province.

Airports for both domestic and international flights are: Khon Kaen, Nakhon Phanom, Buri Ram, Roi Et, Loei, Sakon Nakhon, Udon Thani, Ubon Ratchathani, Chumphon, Trang, Nakhon Si Thammarat, and Ranong.

The government has eased some lockdown restrictions but has urged people to avoid inter-provincial travell unless there are urgent reasons. The government also extended the ban on incoming International flights until the end of May, except for some special flights allowed by the authorities.

Special flights that are allowed include state or military aircraft, emergency landing, technical landing, humanitarian aid, medical and relief flights, repatriation of Thai nationals and cargo aircraft. Thailand also maintains a state of emergency, and night curfew from 10pm to 4am.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387209

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-04

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, lujanit said:

People aren’t going to fly to Provinces that require a 14 day quarantine after they arrive.  People will go by some form of land transport.

Nor to a Province like Phitsanulok where the booze ban is still in place. I can't remember how many flights there were PTS to DMK between 7pm and 7am before the virus,........... not many.

11 minutes ago, PumpkinEater said:

I've been in "quarantine" 5 <deleted> weeks now...

And if I fly to another Province another two weeks there?!

Ridiculous!

99.9% of LIVING if you catch the virus

Wrong im 71 with underlying,  00.1% is not  accurate you may well say thats my problem, wrong again you are the one who cant travel  freely.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stouricks said:

Nor to a Province like Phitsanulok where the booze ban is still in place. I can't remember how many flights there were PTS to DMK between 7pm and 7am before the virus,........... not many.

I think after 7pm there is one AA flight and a couple of early ones , so possibly three ....

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, steven100 said:

the rules are in place to prevent infections and transmission rates going through the roof ......  your contribution may have save you from getting sick .... who knows ... but it's the same in every country .

so stop whinging .... 

Sweden?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stouricks said:

Sweden?

Sweden

Population: 10,333,456

Covid-19 deaths: 2679

Deaths/per million: 259

Thailand

Population: 69,428,453

Covid-19 deaths: 64

Deaths/per million: 0.9

Sources:

Population: wikipedia.org

Covid deaths: https://multimedia.scmp.com/widgets/china/wuhanvirus/

Edited by Puccini
added links to sources
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

Make sure the pilots keep to the aviation curfew (which, of course, has different hours than the rest from the mouths of the funny-rules-announcers) or the airline will face a fine! 

Who goes to jail, the airline owner, the bank financing the planes, the board or the captain? 

On 5/4/2020 at 7:33 AM, steven100 said:

the rules are in place to prevent infections and transmission rates going through the roof ......  your contribution may have save you from getting sick .... who knows ... but it's the same in every country .

so stop whinging .... 

As you clicked the "confused" EMOJI i thought to clarify.  Staying inside for long periods of time weaken (misspelled above) one's immune system.  Just like your body needs physical exercise or you become weak, your immune system needs to be continually tested or it becomes less effective.    So prolonging the quarantine, some experts suggest (and i agree), will make individuals more susceptible to illness once its lifted.   Humans are not designed to be indoors for great lengths of time.  People need fresh air, sunshine, and yes, exposure to bacteria and viruses.