Rise in curfew violations since Sunday amid warning booze ban could be reinstated

webfact

3 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Most of the population haven't died and most of the populations of these countries won't die either. Sweden's economy will do better than the USA and UK. The UK is set for the biggest downturn in history thanks to the lockdown and Thailand probably won't fare much better.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52542943

Do you really need most of the population to die to prove your point? What about just 2 people in your family, wouldn't that be enough? If nothing was done to prevent the spread of the virus, like the common flu, far more would've died than the common flu, you know that right? Say if its just 0.5 percent, that's still 4.3 million people, plus the millions who would die from other illnesses that weren't prioritized. Then there`s the 5-15 percent who will need lifetime medical help from the irreversible damage the COVID, not to mention the financial consequences it may have had if nothing was done.

• Like 1

It's enough to make you laugh, what about the bar full of BIB in BKK who were busted getting rat ass ed in a bar somewhere, one rule for us and all that ????

So why should the responsible majority be punished for the minorities stupidity ?

4 hours ago, Kadilo said:

You’re doing the exact same they are. Buying 4 months worth of Vodka then saying “it’s all about me, myself and I syndrome, typically Thai males” 

No doubt they will say it’s because all the ferangs are buying it up. 

No, incorrect, my Vodka was almost empty, so instead of buying one, I purchased two, hardly stocking up, don't know where you got 4 months worth, probably two months worth, maybe 3.

As for me, myself and I syndrome, typically Thai males, what are you on about, the truth is out there is you open your eyes ????

should be different:  If from the UK, everyone from the UK kicked out of the country immediately, private flight 200,000 baht.  If from America, embassy fined 10 billion baht and all passports taken from US citizens.  

ban alcohol now!!!!  if banning alcohol keeps one person safe at home, it's worth it.  

implement phone video check-ins......every 11 minutes.  all night.  every failure to prove you are safe at home, fine of 10000 billion baht.  

i'm waiting for farangs to be forced to buy a drone to follow them. not a bad idea....

43 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

No, incorrect, my Vodka was almost empty, so instead of buying one, I purchased two, hardly stocking up, don't know where you got 4 months worth, probably two months worth, maybe 3.

As for me, myself and I syndrome, typically Thai males, what are you on about, the truth is out there is you open your eyes ????

“Well after waiting 10 minutes in Big C the other day to purchase the last two bottles of Vodka which I believe will last me two months, I am now going to Lotus to buy another 2.”

You purchased two that will last 2 months, so by my reckoning that’s one per month then you were going to Lotus to buy 2 more, making 4 in all. 

Correct me if I’m wrong but 4 bottles at 1 per month is around 4 months worth. 

Which part have I got wrong that makes you any different from the Thai males stocking up on booze? ????

Edited by Kadilo

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

“Well after waiting 10 minutes in Big C the other day to purchase the last two bottles of Vodka which I believe will last me two months, I am now going to Lotus to buy another 2.”

You purchased two that will last 2 months, so by my reckoning that’s one per month then you were going to Lotus to buy 2 more, making 4 in all. 

Correct me if I’m wrong but 4 bottles at 1 per month is around 4 months worth. 

Which part have I got wrong? 

You are correct, that said, the me, myself and I syndrome had second thoughts and decided against buying two more, so I guess I am slightly different.

Apologise for throwing you off there mate.

Just now, 4MyEgo said:

You are correct, that said, the me, myself and I syndrome had second thoughts and decided against buying two more, so I guess I am slightly different.

Apologise for throwing you off there mate.

Ahhaaaaa accepted. ????

8 hours ago, Kerryd said:

True - especially when you consider the "foreigners" in Pattaya face 100,000 baht fines and/or a year in prison for walking on the beach or having a couple drinks behind closed/locked doors.

Two tiered pricing logic applies to fines as well it seems.

I expect a lot more curfew violation will occur over the next few days as well. Once people get a few drinks into them, they start to think they don't have to follow the rules (and don't think about the consequences of their actions either.) At least not until the next day when they are sobering up in jail, or the hospital (or waking up dead in the morgue).

I think, the info you have answered on just want to tell the ratio between doing wrong of Corona violation or what is the penalty you get of a robbery or even other body insane crime.

What is a higher crime here?

4 hours ago, robertubon said:

WOW, what horrific stats....

70 people in Bangkok broke the curfew out of a population of 8.281 million people.

So they threaten to ban booze again due to what percentage of the population broker the law?

I tried to work it out with my calculator but there were 9 decimal points so it wouldn't display.

Ridiculous!

Continual threats to make people live in fear!

If they had the same amount of police checking every night before they lifted the booze ban, you would think there would be at least a couple of dozen people breaking the law anyway.

So more than likely, less than 50 people out of 8.281 million broke the law.

The mind boggles!?!?!?

Math, Economic and Physic count different in Thailand than the rest of the world. In Thailand is a specific magnetic earth pole under Bangkok which turns any science law into a Thai science law. Do you don't know this!

Edited by MayPutThai
grammar
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BobbyL said:

So because around 75 people were arrested for congregating together to drink that means the rest of the adult population should be treated like children and are not allowed to have a beer at home? 

It's the way of things unfortunately, dumbing down to the lowest common denominator for the sake (actions) of the few. 

5 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Need to stock up on Thursday if still readily available.????

Tomorrow is a Buddhist holiday and alcohol banned.

Stay safe out there????

alco.jpeg

Does that appy to the buddha monks also the alcohol ban tom

18 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

After out of work, out of money, stay home, alcohol ban, more curfew violators was highly expected imo.

Miscreants face 2 years in prison and/or fines of 40,000 baht. 

Again the penalty doesn't mirror the crime committed. 

Unfortunately clearly not out of money to buy alcohol and drugs.

• Like 1

Obey what law ? Who can tell they change their minds as often as bar girls change lovers. Besides it's not a law as laws take time to formulate and draft then review. These are orders and we're not in the heirarchy, sorry didn't get Memo 20.4.6-7qa rev 3 yet ! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

After out of work, out of money, stay home, alcohol ban, more curfew violators was highly expected imo.

Miscreants face 2 years in prison and/or fines of 40,000 baht. 

Again the penalty doesn't mirror the crime committed. 

they make up the penalties as time goes on....to suit themselves....the higher the fine....the more the BIB make !!!

19 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

And why is there a Police in your country if all people strictly respect laws ? :whistling:

Same thing everywhere. You will always find people not wanting to follow rules.

I don't mind following rules if they are sensible, if not, there are always ways around them.