Obey social distancing rule or lockdown will return, Wissanu warns

5 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

From the very beginning of this pandemic, I haven't noticed much social distancing going on at all. I was shocked when I went outside after the first week to do my weekly food shop. Life was seemingly going on as normal. 

Who better than this guy to be preaching the rules right now. Some very interesting reading about him of late. 

I agree with you. I went out at 11.30 this morning ( first time for 4 weeks) and there was a huge traffic jam on Thong Lor as far as I could see. It was just like the "old days".

• Like 2

Overcrowding or social distancing in the city is probably impossible to avoid but with so few cases it shouldn't be a problem.

Just avoid Illegal boxing matches and check everyone's temperature and we should be good to go.

Edited by DirtyHarry55
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, petedk said:

I agree with you. I went out at 11.30 this morning ( first time for 4 weeks) and there was a huge traffic jam on Thong Lor as far as I could see. It was just like the "old days".

So, cars are supposed to keep a social distance from each other?  ????

Edited by SantiSuk

44 minutes ago, zeamonkey said:

Thailand have herdimmunity already.   What happened after the mass escape on busses from bkk to isaan? NOTHING! This is all tyranny.

Is this a record? A 3-sentence reply, with no sentence appearing to mean anything and all three unrelated to anything, including themselves.  Do I detect the onset of isolation poisoning?

Edited by robsamui
  • Confused 1

stop thinking about if this statement or government policy is right or wrong and start thinking about what 2-6 more months of lock down means to you and what you need.  

you have a narrow window to prepare.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, khwaibah said:

What I have seen today the people are voting and it is a BIG F U.

yes, they do not like the rules or the regulations as seen at the MRT station today or at the Siam BTS this afternoon when I returned from a short trip to drop off some items I donated to a family I know.

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Khun Wissanu should come up and take a look at the day market in Chiang Rai. About as much social distancing as a litter of puppies.

Something is protecting Thailand from the infection rates seen in other countries. Various hypotheses as to why.

Khun Wissanu should reflect on the fact that for the past few decades he and his ilk have presided over a social and economic system which has ensured that the only way that probably the only way that the majority of the population can afford to trade and buy is in crowded, cramped and insanitary environments like the Chiang Rai market, where social distancing is simply impossible. If he closes them he cuts off both the source of food and goods, but many businesses.

• Like 1