German man found murdered in Prachinburi

snoop1130

23 minutes ago, Nemises said:

A couple of baited pieces of meat and a snack for the pup, robbery continues....

True, but that requires quite a bit of planning. It's probably fair to say that most burglars and robbers go for the low hanging fruit.

RIP to the German guy, I hope this will be investigated properly.

3 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

1) Is there any evidence that the house was ransacked?

2) Signs of a struggle on the victims body?

The only thing we have to go on was he was found in bed.  How did the "thief" enter unheard?  Maybe the victim invited the "thief" in?  Does his ex have an alibi?

Just spitballing... 

This is a report from the Nation

Why would his ex wife need an alibi?

quote "The man’s body was discovered by his ex-wife, who he has was still in regular contact with."

In the other EL paper they said that his mother had sent 40,000 baht to him and that he had asked his ex wife to help him collect it.

1 hour ago, mickymouse1 said:

Interesting coincidence, the ex suddenly turns up????????????

Not really.

Try reading the OP all the way through and then look for the same story in the other EL paper.

She actually visited him quite often and this time he asked her for some help which is why she came there in the first place.

42 minutes ago, Nemises said:

A couple of baited pieces of meat and a snack for the pup, robbery continues....

Yep, very little deterrent.  The mindset of people that think they need dogs "for protection" means the dogs aggressive hunting instinct is fostered, as opposed to a dog that is owned by a normal person which is loved just as a pet.  

Far greater likelihood that the dog will attack someone for no reason, than prevent robbery or injury to the owner.  Usually that will be a vulnerable person like a child or someone elderly.  Best that can be hoped for is it chooses the owner when it reverts to its wild instincts that have been nurtured, and it is then subsequently destroyed.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Nemises said:

But they lose the element of surprise, dont they. Or do you think the dogs will be quiet when they see a complete stranger?

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Looking at the place he lived (one room Thai rental) and his occupation (unemployed teacher), I wouldn't think he was worth robbing.

More likely the ex-wife who 'found' the body, or a 'girlfriend'.

Precisely.  The ex coming over for a meeting and then he is dead.

• Sad 1

"In the other EL paper they said that his mother had sent 40,000 baht to him and that he had asked his ex wife to help him collect it."

So he's 59 years old, and his mother (age 80 or more) sent him money to survive? That does not sound like the much vaunted German social security system was working for him.

Maybe it was suicide by Thai.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I live in the outback, house has 7 windows downstairs with security bars, front and rear doors also, 6 security cameras around the house, 135 chickens, 3 water buffalo's,8 dogs and to be 99,9% safe a Thai wife. Foreigners are easy pickings when they see a modern home in the middle of nowhere, especially now with so many people out of work and struggling to make ends meet.. 

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Perhaps it is suicide. The BiB will have it correctly sorted shortly. 

Yeah, similar to the guy who shot himself on the right side of the head 3 times, but as unusual here in Thailand it turned out the guy was left handed - the weapons muzzle and trajectory being a human impossibility --- was ruled as suicide as will this also - seems like a relationshipr ift of sorts existed and the only noise about in the village is the crickets at night - case closed... RTP do'nt want to waste time on an 'alien death'

Edited by fraggleRock

58 minutes ago, Kmoore said:

Not to go too off-topic, but as a fellow GSD owner, I need to point our that your Doberman's collar appears to be on backwards.  Maybe camera has reversed the angle?

I agree, on backwards if you heal dog on left side, but maybe reversed photo.  Also, you should take the correction collar off your dog when it is at home. Very dangerous for your dog. Many dogs get the ring caught on something and strangle themselves to death. Also, as the previous poster said, why get his ears cropped? I will tell you why people do, it makes them look meaner and cosmetic appealing to some people. Very cruel hacking it's ears off. Maybe someone should crop your ears, then you might understand. Outlawed in most countries. Bit like docking a dog's tail, now outlawed in most countries. Oh, can't see by the photos, but looks like you have done that too? You may say the breeder had them done. If so, don't buy dogs from breeders like that.

Hope your dog's can't get out. Or as another poster said, could be an accident waiting to happen. Hope you have got them both trained to a very high standard of obedience, so you can call them off if necessary and they will listen. 

I could go on, but I will stop now. A picture is worth a thousand words. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, aussiebrian said:

Bit like docking a dog's tail, now outlawed in most countries.

I have a St. Bernard and after getting whipped in the nuts a few times by it's tail I could understand why someone would want to do it.

• Haha 2

What a terrible crime. Let's hope they catch the perpetrators.

CCTV is great for catching people after the event but in terms of preventing the crime in the first place I agree with previous posters, dogs are an excellent deterrent. We have 6 territorial Thai dogs sleeping outside the house and if you manage to get past them, inside is a Pitbull. You'd have to have a very good reason to not just move onto the next house.

image.png.24df8c00cce14f4a057ce7a09e29d93b.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

Why?

Do you have a gay lover and do you believe that ALL farangs have, or should have, a gay lover?

That is my assumption. Thai ladyboys are savages. So we have a lonely and money poor foreigner. Financial motives should be excluded then. What is left is the heart affair. Probably the guy has decided to change his old LB friend for a new one. Turned out to be a fatal mistake.

Edited by Zikomat
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

An autopsy is regularly carried out in many countries even when it is obvious to experts like yourself what caused the death.

My experience is that Thai doctors will do a proper autopsy, Hippocratic Oath and all that, whether the police act on it is a different question.

28 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

An autopsy is regularly carried out in many countries even when it is obvious to experts like yourself what caused the death.

Who said I was an expert ... I merely quoted what was in the original article!

8 hours ago, peterb0576 said:

That's why at home I have a German Shepherd and a Doberman, now training our pup German Shepherd  to go out with me.

yep, they will stop you being shot or stabbed, they would probably be shot or stabbed too.