German man found murdered in Prachinburi

snoop1130

50 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Maybe few personal painfull experiences?

Feel free to share and to tell here if you want ????

A lot of stories about ladyboys attacking foreigners. I personally always try to avoid them. Real savages.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ChipButty said:

This on another forum 

Mrs Sriwan also told police that although they had parted ways, she continued to visit him regularly. She said he called her on Tuesday, saying his mother had just sent him 40,000 baht from Germany, and asking her to go with him to pick it up.

When she arrived on Wednesday morning, she said, she discovered his body.

She told reporters that when she arrived, he was still alive, but according forensics he passed away for at least 6 to 12 hours....his daughter told reporters that her parents were fighting each other very often, the mother hurt her father often

5 hours ago, Worldplus said:

The wife did it after asking for money..He said no..

She stabbed him...then called the cops..

Just call me Sherlock...

More like call you dumb.

Were you there? Do you know the family?

In fact do you know anything at all?

5 hours ago, wwwTowerOfBabel said:

"In the other EL paper they said that his mother had sent 40,000 baht to him and that he had asked his ex wife to help him collect it."

So he's 59 years old, and his mother (age 80 or more) sent him money to survive? That does not sound like the much vaunted German social security system was working for him.

Maybe it was suicide by Thai.

Did it ever occur to you that it could be his own money that he had asked his Mum to send?

3 hours ago, Zikomat said:

That is my assumption. Thai ladyboys are savages. So we have a lonely and money poor foreigner. Financial motives should be excluded then. What is left is the heart affair. Probably the guy has decided to change his old LB friend for a new one. Turned out to be a fatal mistake.

So you still have no idea what happened but quite happily make things up.

1 hour ago, Caine said:

Ex wife did it, next case please.

Except that insignificant little thing called proof.

21 minutes ago, conimex said:

She told reporters that when she arrived, he was still alive, but according forensics he passed away for at least 6 to 12 hours....his daughter told reporters that her parents were fighting each other very often, the mother hurt her father often

Yeah, I saw this, a bit confusing in translation to say the least. Without the opened back door, and if he was unemployed, and without the 40,000bt recently transferred, and given his age, and given a single stab wound to the chest, and given the knife found near the body, and without his former wife arriving at an opportune moment, OK, I give up. This could go so many ways. Stabbed in his sleep maybe. I can't think of any other way a guy's gonna be stabbed without defensive wounds. 

9 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Me says interview wife's relatives. :crazy:

…. Yeah, and sorry to say especially if he was worth more dead than alive … 

Edited by ttrd
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

Complete nonsense to say he needed help with getting the money from Germany.

And also hard to understand a murder for 40K, that is far fetched.

You can get murdered here for a lot less than 40k.... 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nausea said:

I respectfully disagree. Dogs are great deterrents to impulsive home invaders. Mainly cos they yap a lot. Hard to sneak up on a guy with a dog, unless it's my SO's Shiatzu, which will most likely lick your hand. On the other hand, we have a miniature poodle, which will do terrible things to your ankles. Brave as<SNIP.>, thinks he's a big dog, only been to the vet twice to sew him up after altercations with soi dogs. His problem is that all the soi dogs that know him give him respect, he meets a stranger he thinks they'll be the same. Ha! Little size, big spirit.

Specious reasoning.  I don't have a dog, leave the front door open (for the cat). and have never been robbed.  Don't get me wrong, I love dogs and they make great pets.  But a dog that is groomed "for protection", especially a large dog capable of causing injury to people or other animals, is a ticking time bomb.   

No no idea what kind of circles their owners move in that they feel they need protection.   Dare say that if anyone is going to break in to your house and stab you, they ain't going to be deterred by a dog or two.   Don't need to be Moriaty to take them out of the equation.

• Like 1

A Thai Channel 7 News report from today (07/05/20) gave further details
Police have interviewed his 19 year-old daughter who gave evidence that her father had an abusive relationship with a woman who had regularly hit her father and herself. The report didn't name the suspect but stated the daughter believed her to be behind the murder.
The latest from the report is that the police have taken in Mrs Siwan Kunmak, the victim's 49 year-old ex-wife and her present Thai husband for questioning.
The ex-wife claimed to police that when she entered the house her husband was still alive, albeit barely, but this has been contradicted by the pathology report which puts his time of death 6-12 hours earlier.

• Like 2

Does seem odd. Why would he ask his ex-wife to go with him when he could have asked his daughter. Where does the daughter live?

I still wouldn't rule out suicide. Man nearing his 60s, broke, in an abusive relationship with GF. Has to ask his elderly mother for money, nothing to go back to Germany for. Maybe he made up the story about needing the ex's help to withdraw money because he still has feelings for her and wanted her to be the one to find him. Sad

Has anyone checked whether the money was even sent or withdrawn?

Or if could be the GF getting mad over why he would ask the ex for help instead of her... but we all know why if she was abusive as the daughter said.

16 hours ago, ChipButty said:

This on another forum 

Mrs Sriwan also told police that although they had parted ways, she continued to visit him regularly. She said he called her on Tuesday, saying his mother had just sent him 40,000 baht from Germany, and asking her to go with him to pick it up.

When she arrived on Wednesday morning, she said, she discovered his body.

Picked up the money Tuesday, visited him Wednesday and he is in bed with a knife in his chest. Question, where is the money? 

16 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Yeah but you look at it one way and a Thai hungry for money or drugs will look at it totally in a 360 degree way.

I tried exactly what you described and was back to the same exact thing I looked before.  

6 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Picked up the money Tuesday, visited him Wednesday and he is in bed with a knife in his chest. Question, where is the money? 

Where do you think it is? 

Now seeing the picture, I remember meeting this man once.

I was in "down town" Prachin to get my rice and chicken lunch,

had parked in the parking facing the river.

He was walking near by so I stopped to talk few minutes.

He talked about being an english teacher and a few other

things. Seemed to be a very nice fellow.

He was a small man, looked about 5'8"  and relatively thin.

Not a man you would expect to go looking for trouble.

Really sorry he was killed , such disrespect for him.

Over all I have not had a bit of trouble living here in

Prachinburi . I live here because my wife has a good job

she wants to keep working at for the seeable future.

I have found Thai people here to very helpful to a guy

who has a hard time learning the Thai language.

My memory is not a strong point for me and my hearing

is not so good, so mangle Thai language just awful. 

Again sorry this happened to him, I hope, but doubt the 

person who did it will be punished.

Edited by PatchinExPat
misspelling

On 5/7/2020 at 11:16 AM, Smithson said:

A dog or two will make them think twice and maybe move on. Guns don't alert you like dogs do and I can't remember anyone using their own dog for suicide.

Thru . :wai:

On 5/7/2020 at 6:01 AM, Artisi said:

A knife in the chest seems a likely cause of death...

Not forensically speaking. You could get stabbed, survive that, but then die from a bacterial infection later on. In that case the cause of death would be bacterial infection brought on by a stab wound. 

Same in this case, his death was brought on by a stab wound, but the cause of death could be several things or a combination of them.

Edited by pacovl46

On 5/7/2020 at 6:48 AM, Andy from Kent said:

A bloody knife next to the body would be a good indication.

The knife brought on his death, but the cause of death could be several different things or a combination of them.

2 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Not forensically speaking. You could get stabbed, survive that, but then die from a bacterial infection later on. In that case the cause of death would be bacterial infection brought on by a stab wound. 

Same in this case, his death was brought on by a stab wound, but the cause of death could be several things or a combination of them.

Wow, but does the pedantic nonsense change the fact he was stabbed in the chest and is now dead. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/7/2020 at 8:45 AM, Mick501 said:

Specious reasoning.  I don't have a dog, leave the front door open (for the cat). and have never been robbed.  Don't get me wrong, I love dogs and they make great pets.  But a dog that is groomed "for protection", especially a large dog capable of causing injury to people or other animals, is a ticking time bomb.   

No no idea what kind of circles their owners move in that they feel they need protection.   Dare say that if anyone is going to break in to your house and stab you, they ain't going to be deterred by a dog or two.   Don't need to be Moriaty to take them out of the equation.

My dogs in China are schnauzers.  Their job is to bark like mad, then hide under the bed.  I'd rather lose all my belongings than any of the dogs.  I'm sure a determined thief could get by them, but why wouldn't they just move on to easier pickings?

Since I travel a lot, I feel better with the GF being protected by the furry, 4 legged burglar alarms.  They have gone off on passers by peering into the windows and at least one time, a guy trying to climb into the kitchen window in the wee hours.  Every time, the possible burglars moved onto a different apartment.  There's also no telling how many times nobody but the dogs were home and they went off on a would be intruder.

We were among the first in our complex to have dogs (15+ years ago), and not so strangely, many of the other occupants have since discovered that apartments, townhouses and villas that have dogs weren't getting burglarized.  The ones without dogs had a much higher rate.   Flash forward 15 years, and most of our neighbors have dogs now.  Local regulations don't allow large dogs, so most of them are small and yippy.  Like schnauzers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Artisi said:
4 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Wow, but does the pedantic nonsense change the fact he was stabbed in the chest and is now dead. 

Pedantic, yes.  But there's a lot of questions that may be answered by an autopsy.  Time of death?  Was there a struggle?  Are there defensive wounds?  Was he drugged?  Was he killed where the body was found, or was the body moved? 

I'm not putting forth any theories.  I'm just glad that it appears there's actually going to be an investigation.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, impulse said:

Pedantic, yes.  But there's a lot of questions that may be answered by an autopsy.  Time of death?  Was there a struggle?  Are there defensive wounds?  Was he drugged?  Was he killed where the body was found, or was the body moved? 

I'm not putting forth any theories.  I'm just glad that it appears there's actually going to be an investigation.

you sure he didn't die due to a virus????? LOL. 555555

12 hours ago, impulse said:

Agree, and they need to do some fingerprint analysis on that knife. A perp. who was careless enough to leave a knife behind likely wasn't wearing gloves. And what sort of knife was it? Something you'd pick up in the kitchen? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, impulse said:

My dogs in China are schnauzers.  Their job is to bark like mad, then hide under the bed.  I'd rather lose all my belongings than any of the dogs.  I'm sure a determined thief could get by them, but why wouldn't they just move on to easier pickings?

Since I travel a lot, I feel better with the GF being protected by the furry, 4 legged burglar alarms.  They have gone off on passers by peering into the windows and at least one time, a guy trying to climb into the kitchen window in the wee hours.  Every time, the possible burglars moved onto a different apartment.  There's also no telling how many times nobody but the dogs were home and they went off on a would be intruder.

We were among the first in our complex to have dogs (15+ years ago), and not so strangely, many of the other occupants have since discovered that apartments, townhouses and villas that have dogs weren't getting burglarized.  The ones without dogs had a much higher rate.   Flash forward 15 years, and most of our neighbors have dogs now.  Local regulations don't allow large dogs, so most of them are small and yippy.  Like schnauzers.

In our condo area we have rats, very effective.  LOL

On 5/7/2020 at 1:21 PM, billd766 said:

Not really.

Try reading the OP all the way through and then look for the same story in the other EL paper.

She actually visited him quite often and this time he asked her for some help which is why she came there in the first place.

Yes, that's what SHE says.