Thai prototype vaccine passes test with flying colours

snoop1130

20 hours ago, elliss said:

All part of the plan ...

The mice in the test exhibited an odd side effect, though...

Once injected, any time the mice saw anyone in a khaki uniform nearby, they bowed down and humbly prostrated themselves.... 

Modern medical science is wonderful thing!  :w00t:

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, petermik said:

There you go..last to start but first to finish............maybe :whistling:

We should await the acclaim from other countries - we've been here before only to find that the vaccine for Dengue (both types), Ebola. AIDS etc etc was a bit like Schrödinger's cat - when you look in the box, the cat is always dead. An explanation is always there of course but somehow never quite given. These days, the world is more sceptical so this will probably need several airing in the press before anyone from overseas takes the bait. I suspect other countries would be more rapturous is TL developed a cure for T2 Diabetes, though I won't be holding my breath just yet.

Ah well... this is Thailand after all. Land of grifts.

Edited by ParkerN

1 hour ago, GAZZPA said:

Im curious about people who have no faith in science when it comes to vaccines or cures. I mean science has cured and conquered many diseases that killed us not too many years ago. We are also all living longer lives now, generally because of advances in medical science, who on earth would think thats a bad thing?

I can understand the apprehension of trusting pharmaceutical companies that have a bottom line to consider but even so, to me the problems are far out weighed by the good that medication and vaccines bring to the world?

I assume it isn't a religion thing? I mean i have a healthy respect for people who are in touch with their spiritual side but only to a point.

For me as soon as a reputable company in a reputable country comes up with a vaccine I will be very happy. However, forgive me for saying that certainly won't be Thailand or China.

Great post, I've found the ones who complain about vaccines also complain about, big pharma & promote Bill Gates conspiracies. My kids all had their shots, none of them have had a major illness and are protected. Most people have never seen the impact of infectious diseases like measles, diphtheria, meningitis, whooping cough. They don't fear them because they haven't seen them firsthand, because of vaccines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:

Partners, just like I said.

The AstraZeneca-Oxford University partnership is the first created since the U.K. government launched the Vaccines Taskforce two weeks ago to help find a new coronavirus vaccine. Details of the agreement are set to be finalized in the coming weeks. - Market Watch, May 3, 2020

Read the link I posted. Astra Zenica will play no part in development/testing of the vaccine. All done in house. They have also agreed to sell at cost worldwide for the duration of the pandemic.

On 5/6/2020 at 6:29 PM, petermik said:

There you go..last to start but first to finish............maybe :whistling:

Sorry, it doesn't work that way. You can't fast track the production of vaccines. If an irresponsible press suggests otherwise, it's simply an irresponsible press misleading the public. 

• Like 1

"Flying colors"? A response in a mouse doesn't mean much unless duplicated in humans. That's not flying colors. It's irresponsible and misleading to read more into one single study than it justifies. Mistakes can occur in studies, misinterpretations of data, and such things often do. that's why studies must be duplicated and confirmed.  A prototype is exactly that. A prototype. This is merely a template to use for further development. 

1 hour ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Read the link I posted. Astra Zenica will play no part in development/testing of the vaccine. 

Read what I originally posted. I did not say AstraZenica will play any part in the development or testing of the vaccine. Good to hear, considering their track record, they won't.

Why waste your time tilting at windmills?

1 minute ago, Krataiboy said:

Read what I originally posted. I did not say AstraZenica will play any part in the development or testing of the vaccine. Good to hear, considering their track record, they won't.

Why waste your time tilting at windmills?

Why waste your time trolling people?

• Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 7:23 PM, lkv said:

Regardless, I don't care about vaccines and I will not get one myself.

Suppose they make vaccination a condition of getting a visa? I know I know, do not give them ideas.

What worries me is that they may make it available without knowing the long term side effects and then make it compulsory for all.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Suppose they make vaccination a condition of getting a visa? I know I know, do not give them ideas.

What worries me is that they may make it available without knowing the long term side effects and then make it compulsory for all.

It may be mandatory for entry into Thailand but they cant make it compulsory for you to be vaccinated.

1 hour ago, DaRoadrunner said:

It's  compulsory , for farlangs @  their next90 days , immigration visit . 

Just Wai lower ,  and kiss ass ..

When i was in the civil service , they were called the brown tie  brigade..

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

They are very far away from a vaccine. Even the countries starting human trials are quite far away as there are 3 levels to the human trials and after administering the vaccine you do have to wait and observe for quite a while. If any vaccine is available before late 2021 I would be apprehensive about getting it because clearly, normal testing protocols were not followed. At that point, it becomes a <deleted> shoot whether it works or not and whether it will make the virus worse, a common shortcoming with vaccines. I am not an anti-vaxxer, I just believe that you should ALWAYS follow scientific protocols developed over decades for safety and efficacy reasons. With the amount of extreme fear out there I don't think they'll have too many problems finding plenty of volunteers to take the experimental vaccines, yeah and I am talking about after the vaccine is released, not the actual testing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/6/2020 at 6:43 AM, anterian said:

Probably created in China and details passed to Thailand, it would be too suspicious for China to declare its creation.  

Exactly what I was thinking..

• Like 1

Regardless, I don't care about vaccines and I will not get one myself.

Here’s hoping that when a vaccine is available, they’ll make it mandatory for all those entering Thailand or applying for visa extensions.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/6/2020 at 6:27 PM, snoop1130 said:

“Even though vaccine development in Thailand has not advanced as fast as in countries such as China, hopefully Thai scientists will develop a Covid-19 vaccine that will stand the test of time."

They compare everything only to China.  All hope in the future will rely on primary on China because they understand Thainess, Thai democracy, and handing the side payments  through the proper channels 

Edited by Redline
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1