Police swoops in on gambling den in Bangkok’s Dusit area

snoop1130

Police swoops in on gambling den in Bangkok’s Dusit area

By THE NATION

800_ca69205f8e1b4af.jpg

Police arrested close to a dozen people at an alleged gambling den in Bangkok’s Dusit district on Thursday (May 7).

Pol Colonel Sorapong Nakayokee, superintendent of Sam Sen Police Station, said the gambling den was being operated near curfew hours from 10pm to 4am.

Before the raid, police blocked all entrances to the den, and found 10 gamblers and evidence in the form of dice and chips.

The owner of the single-storey house, identified as 57-year-old Puangpakam, and den operator called Thanachai, 37, were among the suspects arrested.

Though the suspects claimed that the gambling den had been opened very recently, CCTV footage indicates it has been running for a while now.

Gambling is against the law in Thailand.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387525?utm_source=category&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-08

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Unless.............You are a high so at the Royal Bangkok Sports Club for horse racing.........and also the many cock fighting venues around Thailand,( and I am not referring to ladyboy bars,,,,).........Oh........and the National Lottery.............and of course if a local plod owns a particular establishment...............welllll....thennnnnn.......:whistling:

5 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:
22 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Unless.............You are a high so at the Royal Bangkok Sports Club for horse racing.........and also the many cock fighting venues around Thailand,( and I am not referring to ladyboy bars,,,,).........Oh........and the National Lottery.............and of course if a local plod owns a particular establishment...............welllll....thennnnnn.......

Gambling at horse race courses is not restricted to hisos, anyone can go there.  Gambling is not legal at cock fights, hiso or otherwise.

5 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Gambling at cock fights and Thai boxing events is not legal!

5 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Gambling at cock fights and Thai boxing events is not legal!

Maybe so, but I have witnessed such gambling locally in rural Thailand where I used to live. Many years ago at a boxing match I bet 500 baht on one boxer and stated that if he won he would get 1,000 baht - HE WON!! Cock fighting in rural Issan, where I used to live before leaving LOS. drew crowds and betting on the cocks (poultry kind!!) was big business and NEVER drew the attention of the authorities!!

• Like 1