Bangkok: Stay away from each other! Stop socializing! Otherwise we'll close the parks again

rooster59

Bangkok: Stay away from each other! Stop socializing!  Otherwise we'll close the parks again

parks.JPG

Image: Daily News

A meeting of the Bangkok Metropolitan Association heard that the the capital's public were once again flocking to the recently opened parks.

But large numbers were not following mask wearing and social distancing rules.

People were socializing and exercising in groups.

They were gathering to talk and eat.

They were using certain prohibited fitness areas despite being told not to by park staff.

This has got to stop or the authorities will close the parks again.

The warning came from governor Asawin Kwanmuang just as Bangkokians were beginning to enjoy their new found freedom from last Sunday.

Daily News reported that violators of the strict measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19 were considerable.

People could use the parks but they must follow the rules about masks and social distancing.

It was accepted that joggers could be allowed not to wear masks, but they should run away from other people and observe a distance of 5 meters between themselves and other runners.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-09

• Sad 3

To get some air in this heat I ride the scooter around Jomtien beach in the evening. The past 5 days since the booze ban and restaurants opening...Soi 5, Soi 7 groups of 8-10 Thais with their Hong Thong. The beach sidewalk is littered with people sat their drinking and most of the restaurants have seen 7 or 8 people sat at tables no masks on the serving staff either....people just can't be trusted. Whether distancing and mask wearing works or not who knows, but that's the law and people given an inch blatantly abuse that and act like nothing has happened. How long befor everything is shut down and booze banned again because of idiots like this

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, baansgr said:

To get some air in this heat I ride the scooter around Jomtien beach in the evening. The past 5 days since the booze ban and restaurants opening...Soi 5, Soi 7 groups of 8-10 Thais with their Hong Thong. The beach sidewalk is littered with people sat their drinking and most of the restaurants have seen 7 or 8 people sat at tables no masks on the serving staff either....people just can't be trusted. Whether distancing and mask wearing works or not who knows, but that's the law and people given an inch blatantly abuse that and act like nothing has happened. How long befor everything is shut down and booze banned again because of idiots like this

Why not just ban everything for a year.

Threats and punishments are all this government seem to be capable of.

What a brilliant way to bring happiness and reconciliation to the Thai people.

IMHO this government is riding the tiger and the longer this goes on the harder it will be to get off the tigers back. The only thing that is keeping them there is the threat of another coup, but that won't last forever.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

Ugh! Yet more threats. Go ahead close the parks. No need for more endless threats. Just do it.

And now the required distance between joggers has become 5 meter, not 2 meter as before.

The only consistent in this place, is the inconsistency

and the threats

????

Id be interested in know if you either jog or exercise in the parks under normal conditions. 

I admit, I suspect not.

Sadly as I go about  engaging in in activites that have until recently prohibited and are now again allowed, I see many who just dont get it. 

As i have said before, I do not see the hardship in participating in the theatre of masks if it keeps things open.

What I do not see is the point in making a stink over shoddy temperature guns, hapless mask wearing in others or the smug making of claims based on various studies that may or may not be accurate.

I really dont care as long as I can get out in the bike or water and do what I Enjoy.

3 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

No, just not a complete lunatic who would exercise in an outside oven. Even pro athletes don't want to be out in this heat.

Aright then.

Im always amused that the stauchest objectors to certain activities are generally folk who would never actually attempt them anyways.

But good to know what the pros are up to.

5 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

People are going to be keeling over wearing masks in 40+ heat whilst exercising 

More mindless governing

Not sure where the temperature has actually reached 40 yet, but most folk exercise mornings or late afternoons or so it seems when im out.

There was a very steady flow towards benjakitti park and lumpini in the days after they opened.

And sadly lumpini has continued limiting cycling hours to between 10 and 3, making cycling a warm proposition.

It is as said.  People do as they wish, which unfortunately will put all of us back inside with nowhere to go.  I have run in Lumpini park everyday since they lifted the ban last Sunday.  Yesterday there were groups of families 5 to 6 people in each group sitting together on the lawns eating food and enjoying the evening, and not wearing masks.  Many people had removed the tape surrounding certain benches in order to sit next to their partner they were with.  So in essence there were people doing as they wanted....hard to believe that anyone will listen to what they do not want to listen too.  Good luck to everyone with what we are dealing with.....

9 minutes ago, n00dle said:

Aright then.

Im always amused that the stauchest objectors to certain activities are generally folk who would never actually attempt them anyways.

But good to know what the pros are up to.

Why would I want to attempt it?? 

You should go and eat some noodles, you hero.

It doesn't look like there is a lot of people talking and eating in that photo.

Perhaps the BMA are just copying their low intelligence PM prayut issuing threats of crackdowns. And more threats. And more crackdowns. 

Do the Thai authorities think they are in China? They should be careful because in a democracy they can get voted out.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, rooster59 said:

It was accepted that joggers could be allowed not to wear masks, but they should run away from other people and observe a distance of 5 meters between themselves and other runners.

You'd think they could do that one !!!

On 5/9/2020 at 10:29 AM, Canuck1966 said:

People are going to be keeling over wearing masks in 40+ heat whilst exercising 

More mindless governing

We walk an hour a day with mask, no problem...but the others don't wear one!

And even in the Makro today i counted 3! men without masks inside....it's always thai men without masks, never women.

• Thanks 1

On 5/9/2020 at 4:09 PM, n00dle said:

Not sure where the temperature has actually reached 40 yet, but most folk exercise mornings or late afternoons or so it seems when im out.

There was a very steady flow towards benjakitti park and lumpini in the days after they opened.

And sadly lumpini has continued limiting cycling hours to between 10 and 3, making cycling a warm proposition.

real feel temp is about 45 degrees at times 

On 5/9/2020 at 12:53 PM, Ketyo said:

Do the Thai authorities think they are in China? They should be careful because in a democracy they can get voted out.

Good one. Yes, in a democracy they can be but Thailand isn't one. Did you see how the senate was set up?

• Like 2