Any idea if Yanks can return in July or just Chinese

Return of flights does not mean unrestricted entry for anyone.  At this time it is very much an unknown when/if/who/how any return of tourists will be allowed. 

As returning Thai are the main source of COVID cases currently opening up borders to tourists would not seem a prudent option any time soon.  But on the other side is unemployment of millions so not an easy decision. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 86Tiger said:

Geez, guy, as long as you are in hotel you may be better off to relocate to a open, free state like South Dakota and not live under such archaic conditions.

South Dakota Indian tribes have set up checkpoints on reservations restricting ... More:Native American tribes have been hit hard by coronavirus, and ... to get permission from state authorities before closing or restricting travel.

7 hours ago, 86Tiger said:

Geez, guy, as long as you are in hotel you may be better off to relocate to a open, free state like South Dakota and not live under such archaic conditions.

Yeah, lots of great beaches there...

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Well for me, I've lived in Thailand for the last 19 years and right now I'm having to wear a f'n mask, drive a rental, staying at a Hampton Inn in SoCal waiting to get back to my family. 

No beach access, no bars open and no nightlife here either....

Quite spendy being for a few months at a hotel there. 

• Like 1

I think resuming international flights would be a terrible mistake, but I've also changed my return flight to Europe (not a badly effected country) for July and curious to know if there will be any flights at that time yet. The airline has scheduled to resume flights to BKK starting from the beginning of July but I think they are just guessing. At the moment it's hard to believe that Thailand would open it's borders so soon, unless they can really develop a quick test for all air passengers at airports.    

Actually current reporting is tourists to be allowed 4th quarter (October).  There is a huge backlog of Thai citizens who have not been allowed to return yet (believe majority of those wanting to return still waiting).  

9 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually current reporting is tourists to be allowed 4th quarter (October).  There is a huge backlog of Thai citizens who have not been allowed to return yet (believe majority of those wanting to return still waiting).  

Actually, tourists from countries who have the virus under control could be allowed back sooner ie China, South Korea, Japan. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Henryford said:

Come one, most people come to Pattaya for the nightlife. If that doesn't exist there are many places in the world with better beaches, weather, culture, food etc. I certainly wouldn't live in Pattaya for a REAL life.

1. the TO didn´t write that he wants to go to Pattaya. 2. believe it or not, there are nice (nicer) places beside Pattaya in Thailand. 

• Like 2

Hmmm, I am here in Thailand on O visa planning to return to US for a couple months with some medical issues.    I am assuming that travel will be resumed by August or at least September.  I sure don’t want to be stuck in US past that.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sletraveler said:

planning to return to US for a couple months with some medical issues

will that include hospital visits? many places are overrun w/overworked medical staff... and w/places starting to re-open before the virus is contained, I would guess it will get worse..

good luck to you. 

What countries exactly have Covid under control? ???? None have some people need to get a grip on reality. Covid has gone no where its just waiting knowing fools will act as though its all over. 

Please don't be one of those fools. Problem is if you get it you may be the cause of one of my family members dying. 

Please don't be that Fool

9 hours ago, garygooner said:

Actually, tourists from countries who have the virus under control could be allowed back sooner ie China, South Korea, Japan. 

Possibly, but would they come when this means they must submit to 14-day quarantine on return to their home countries? China, for example, is going to be very selective in the countries it allows Chinese tour groups to visit, when and if they are allowed at all.