How much are your savings and what is your source of income now

If you had put 1% of your portfolio into BTC 10 years ago, it would have made you more money than any other asset. This has been the longest bearmarket that BTC has had, yet it still has outperformed other assets in the past year. 

People said the same to me 4 years ago about Bitcoin, they're not laughing now. I have only 35% in BTC. Another 35% in XRP. 10% in ETH and the rest in other cryptos.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UbonThani said:

Sell now? Many stocks look cheap. Time to buy. Just have to do some research. Check debt levels. Check earnings. The time to sell was 3 months ago

I sold 3-4 years ago.

Stocks will depreciate 60-70% from their Feb high by next May.

I think BTC will increase about 500% in the same time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

If you had put 1% of your portfolio into BTC 10 years ago, it would have made you more money than any other asset. This has been the longest bearmarket that BTC has had, yet it still has outperformed other assets in the past year. 

People said the same to me 4 years ago about Bitcoin, they're not laughing now. I have only 35% in BTC. Another 35% in XRP. 10% in ETH and the rest in other cryptos.

I did jump in that wagon ten years ago and then forgot about it.

Had the key stored on a old computer which broke and on a stick which is now lost.

The silver coins that I kept at my home town are something that's real but never worth much more after those years but also never will be down below the buying value.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I sold 3-4 years ago.

Stocks will depreciate 60-70% from their Feb high by next May.

I think BTC will increase about 500% in the same time.

And if you are wrong?

Most stocks in Aus look very cheap. Be surprised if they dont rise by 20 to 30% on average in 12 months.

BTC is a gamble.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

And if you are wrong?

Most stocks in Aus look very cheap. Be surprised if they dont rise by 20 to 30% on average in 12 months.

BTC is a gamble.

Why is BTC a gamble more than gold or stock?

That racehorse analogy is rubbish -  putting your money on a horse, you can lose all. BTC is going NOWHERE. The rewards v loss make it a no-brainer. 

I'm not looking for 30%. My XRP increased by 36,000% in 2017.

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Why is BTC a gamble more than gold or stock?

That racehorse analogy is rubbish -  putting your money on a horse, you can lose all. BTC is going NOWHERE. The rewards v loss make it a no-brainer. 

I'm not looking for 30%. My XRP increased by 36,000% in 2017.

coins are make believe

maybe ethereum will overtake btc

its gambling

gold is real

land is real

buildings are real

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

coins are make believe

maybe ethereum will overtake btc

its gambling

gold is real

land is real

buildings are real

When did you first know about Bitcoin?

Do you regret not buying it?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

When did you first know about Bitcoin?

Do you regret not buying it?

I regret not buying many things

The future is not the past though

coins might go up but the majors are already valued like Apple shares.

they couls crash too

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

I regret not buying many things

The future is not the past though

coins might go up but the majors are already valued like Apple shares.

they couls crash too

I agree there is a gamble but from my days as a poker player I remember the most important thing -  desensitize yourself to money. Too many of my friends can't do this with their life savings, they are totally attached to them and therefore can't make the wisest decision.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

if u put 90% into a racehorse is that smart?

same thing

its a gamble

A race horse is a dream, not so much a gamble... if you gamble you have more chance to win... a friend had a 50% share and the horse did pretty well.. he still lost money... 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I agree there is a gamble but from my days as a poker player I remember the most important thing -  desensitize yourself to money. Too many of my friends can't do this with their life savings, they are totally attached to them and therefore can't make the wisest decision.

buy 5 to 10 things. Maybe one booms.

14 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

I did really well for a few years - - playing good poker is incredibly boring... 

Only if you are grinding, getting small profits. If you are passionate about the game, like me, it's enjoyable. The studying can be tedious but necessary if you want to beat the rest. Most players fail here -  they don't analyze hands after their session etc.

I was joking but it is just code. There is no tangible product.

I agree, BTC has first name advantage and will be surpassed by other coins with utility , like XRP. 

However, it is a good store of value, a digital gold. 

11 hours ago, JensenZ said:

May I suggest you convert all your cash saving to gold immediately.

Wife turned up here the other day and handed me 20 baht of  gold and told me to put it somewhere?

Well I've  hidden it  now, didn't  even  know she'd been buying it  over the last year, they'll  never  find it under the door mat,and half  under the mattress, could leave it  on the back seat of a taxi ?

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, villageidiotY2K said:

Wankwankwank quchuquchuquchuquchuquchu

I'm cumming!! 

Screenshot_20200514-115640.jpg

I  feel  suicidal every time that thing  pops  up when I  log in, who can I talk to  about it????

Have enough to last me till I am 101, that's 41 years away, and I base that on drawing down 60,000 baht a month as my budget, naturally this doesn't include what I average on income derived from my investments that I handle which average out to between 100k-120k baht per month with little effort.

The above said, sounds like a lot, but if I returned back to Sydney, I would be left with nothing after purchasing a basic house within a 15km radius from the City.

Life here is better than in Sydney, because I am not tied down to an asset that I can't do anything with, e.g. roof over head, at least here have a place paid off, car paid off, can make money from the money I received from the sale of my home back in Sydney, and holiday at a fraction of the cost.

Life is certainly different here, it has it's goods and it has it's bads, but with $'s and not having to pay tax or work, it wins hands down.

I know most here on TVF are on a set pension, but when I get to that age, I will just have to keep making due, because there is a means test, and means that I won't qualify ????

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

It's a bigger gamble owning stock right now. I'm amazed at how some friends have seen a recovery in the DOW, which is OBVIOUSLY just propped up by Munchkin and Trump so they can keep their jobs, and they are NOT selling. Why on earth would anyone NOT sell with the greatest Depression just round the corner?

There's so much printing going on (QE) that will keep many of the stock prices high, at least the one's that have a viable business after all of this...  There will almost certainly be a depression, but the markets won't show it as such.  Otherwise Gold (and miners, etc) will prevent a loss of value, and as you say, Bitcoin (plus a few other CCs...)