gold is real

land is real

buildings are real

A 40% devaluation more than + 40% tax is also real

Edited by ICELANDMAN

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

When did you first know about Bitcoin?

Do you regret not buying it?

If you sleep with a woman on a regular basis in our home country, land and buildings aren't all that real.

Never been keen on gold,

Sacks of rice, guns, ammo and swords are probably more real.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, bodga said:

I  feel  suicidal every time that thing  pops  up when I  log in, who can I talk to  about it????

Well u can start masturbating with those central bra ads. Pic quality is good and wide range of selection. 

I like the tight sport bra types on those creamy skins. 

By any means I don't reco taking anti depressant medications, ssri and sleeping pills. 

Cause they make u even more anxious and depressed if u don't take em daily and be one addictive as heroin

• Sad 1

Many people are out of touch with reality and don't see the bigger picture. The US stock market is falling, which has an effect on stock exchanges around the world and despite the Fed printing money in just about the biggest QE ever. It is also now buying corporate bonds and etf's, to no avail, and will soon run out of options.  401k holders are going to see their value eroded shortly.

For those who know nothing about gold, or BTC, perhaps a little bit of education in those two assets might itself be a good investment.  The only direction for gold over the next few years is UP.  BTC is highly volatile, but it has proved its value as a performing asset over the years.  The value of Fiat is falling daily.  See what one hundred dollars could buy 20 years ago, compared with today.  And the past surely is a great indication of what the future holds.

As always, a basket of assets - stocks, property, gold, BTC, and Fiat - makes the most sense, to even-out risk, over time.

12 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

I'm a multi-billionaire - in Satang.  :cheesy:

Haven't worked for years.  I may use some of my US Social Security money to invest in some noodle carts. 

Worth considering buying a  bar , or restaurant .

This beer ban , cannot last forever , maybe year ending , it will be over ..

5 hours ago, giddyup said:

Ten million baht savings plus a super pension and aged pension as income.

Waving your knob around again i see

I bet you're a bar stool ex special services soldier too. Met your sort before

16 hours ago, Neeranam said:

That would be interesting. I can see 10  bitcoin being about 12-15 million baht by the end of the year. 

I will give you 10 bitcoin today, and you will give me only half of your predicted sum on December 31, so  lets say 5 million.

isn't that a good deal?

Of course I'm gonna request some collateral, but that will be no problem I presume

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, allanos said:

As always, a basket of assets - stocks, property, gold, BTC, and Fiat - makes the most sense, to even-out risk, over time.

Not much use if it's TEOTWAWKI.

I'd rather have a basket of 'shelf stable' food, a hidden shelter in the mountains and plenty of guns and ammo.

Edited by BritManToo

6 hours ago, kenk24 said:

never saw a bit coin and wouldn't know where to spend one... seems a lot less real than the paper money i use now. 

know a guy who bought into bitcoin big time - - and 2 days later he has no idea where the broker or his money went... 

I've often wondered why a person who invests one money is called a broker? Now I know.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not much use if it's TEOTWAWKI.

I'd rather have a basket of 'shelf stable' food, a hidden shelter in the mountains and plenty of guns and ammo.

Clearly, you're an REM fan! ????

Fact is, it isn't the end of the world, nor will it be.  Your future dystopia is unlikely to play out, so you should also be securing an income-stream.  Much good will your hide-out and provisions do you if that's all you have to fall back on in coming years.

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Have enough to last me till I am 101, that's 41 years away, and I base that on drawing down 60,000 baht a month as my budget, naturally this doesn't include what I average on income derived from my investments that I handle which average out to between 100k-120k baht per month with little effort.

Your calculations are pre-covid-19. Not that I want to stress you out, but you had better keep the calculator in your hand and reassess daily as we're heading into unknown territory. It's not known whether SARS-coV-2 is seasonal, but Australia is coming into winter. The government cannot afford another bailout.

lucky i have some money ,i would not want to live on a British govt pension ,now if you were living in the UK and were an unemployed immigrant with a few kids  in social housing and not worked and paid tax for 44 years you would be laughing .

10 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

I imagine many posters still have the same 45,000 Baht they had every month. Along with the usual 400,000 or 800,000 Baht in "savings" locked away for their visas.  But the true bulk of their net worth is the 1,800,000 Baht condo they bought that's now worth 500,000 Baht.

Ahh Cryingdick! you are such a breath of fresh air!

1 hour ago, Peterhua said:

Waving your knob around again i see

I bet you're a bar stool ex special services soldier too. Met your sort before

I actually downplayed savings just so I wouldn't come across as big-headed, but the post did ask for earnings/savings, so what did you want me to say, that I was penniless?

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

Your calculations are pre-covid-19. Not that I want to stress you out, but you had better keep the calculator in your hand and reassess daily as we're heading into unknown territory. It's not known whether SARS-coV-2 is seasonal, but Australia is coming into winter. The government cannot afford another bailout.

Thanks for the heads up, but I am good, even if the stock market goes south.

57 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

lucky i have some money ,i would not want to live on a British govt pension ,now if you were living in the UK and were an unemployed immigrant with a few kids  in social housing and not worked and paid tax for 44 years you would be laughing .

I'm not British, but I do watch a few of those TV shows like "Benefits Britain" and I'm not sure if living on benefits these days is the easy ride it used to be.

29 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Thanks for the heads up, but I am good, even if the stock market goes south.

The point is that we have no idea of what will happen to fiat currencies as governments print money to try to save economies. Hyperinflation can make fiat currencies worthless.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

That's my business and nobody else's! Except the taxman.

You must be different from me, I always considered the taxman the last one who had any business with my earnings.

15 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

I'm a multi-billionaire - in Satang.  :cheesy:

Haven't worked for years.  I may use some of my US Social Security money to invest in some noodle carts. 

I am now a multi-millionaire in Cambodian Riels - 6,7 million per month to be precise (1675 US$ per month from 3 pensions). Like the old days when I was a baht millionaire in LOS, I am now a Riel millionaire- great!!

• Like 2

On 5/13/2020 at 6:23 AM, villageidiotY2K said:

How much are your savings and what is your source of income now?? 

[ ... ]

How bout yous? 

I like the British saying "Money is not something to talk about, money is something one has!"

I have enough savings – however, "enough" is often like a rubberband, depending of life style and which Thai ladies one mingles with – I might even have more than enough, if I decide to live an extremely boring life style, and less if I decide opposite...????

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I sold 3-4 years ago.

Stocks will depreciate 60-70% from their Feb high by next May.

I think BTC will increase about 500% in the same time.

Why not THINK it will increase 1000%.

The real fact, as in any investment, you can never be sure.