Thailand reports ZERO new COVID-19 cases

webfact

6 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

If you don't test people, you don't get the correct information !

Do you have the correct information? How many new infections have you

recorded, how can you possibly know how many people have been tested?

I don't know the answers either, but haven't heard officially, or unofficially,

of mass outbreaks and deaths, but then again, I'm not as well informed as you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, DrTuner said:

In netphacharat there's again an interesting chart:

https://www.netpracharat.com/News/NewsPr/Detail.aspx?id=2554

Capture.thumb.JPG.2dc43d636434a42f56f412bc44c431f1.JPG

It seems to show a breakdown according to places such as restaurant, markets, haircut etc. 

that is results of checking whether restaurants etc... are complying with the regulations since they have been reopened, green= fully complying, yellow=complying but not fully, orange= not complying and blue line percentage not complying. The left side is day by day tests starting from 6th of May which was I think when these businesses were allowed to start back up.

Edited by Tingnongnoi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Canuck1966 said:

They have people with brains in the west and journalists who ask questions. Impossible to get away with large scale lies and coverups

Smart people like Trump. So grateful that they never lie in the west.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Canuck1966 said:

They have people with brains in the west and journalists who ask questions. Impossible to get away with large scale lies and coverups

Its called a controlled media black out. Only things they want out there to be seen are published....

50 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

How many villages, towns & cities in Thailand?  Say every village had 10 deaths due to the virus (but not put down to virus), over the last 5 months, how many would that be?  Not exactly "piles of bodies easily noticeable".  What if every village had 30 deaths over 5 months?  Again, no piles of bodies piling up.  56 deaths?  

Nonsense lack logically mathematically common senses!!!!The virus spreading will never be distrbuted equally like that. Your comment ( and others who keep asking about Number of tesets) show SOME farang in Thailand are living up to thier reputation. The losers.

7+ Thai people in UK has died from Covid19. Most of them sadly died at home and did not even get admit to the hospital.

How many British has died in Thailand from Covid19?

well There are still  plenty of hospital bed , doctors and nurses , medicine readily available for you here in Thailand

Damn you lucky b**t*rd. Be thanksful for once that you are here.

Edited by Ratchsima
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I would like to know how many of total infected and total death cases are Thai citizens and not foreigners.

That will give us a clearer picture.

It will say nothing. The number of foreigners in this country the past couple of months is minuscule.

Well, good job Thailand. Now open up.

7 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

Is the Western media all over this?  If not, why not?

Lol why would the western media bother there’s enough for them to bicker about in their own countries. I’m working in Afghanistan and the numbers here that are reported are astonishingly good lol maybe that’s because there’s no 1 here who can actually confirm. Same with a lot of under developed countries all fictitious figures no actual facts.

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Why does nobody in Thailand claim to have known these people?

How do you know any real people actually died?

Come to think of it, why don't I know anyone who died?

Why doesn't anyone who posts on any of the worldwide forums I frequent know anyone that died?

You'd think a forum member or two would have had a friend or relative die?

That's because there are over 7 billion people on the planet right now. Only 4 million cases reported and under 300k deaths attributed. So, only a very small chance any one of us will know one of the dead so far. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Why doesn't anyone who posts on any of the worldwide forums I frequent know anyone that died?

Brit, do you not remember my posts,  I lost a good friend who was my kids teacher as well as two police officer's who I new, all of course in the US, but the three family I lost here were in the Udon Thani province and were never tested....

• Like 1

Just now, JCP108 said:

That's because there are over 7 billion people on the planet right now. Only 4 million cases reported and under 300k deaths attributed. So, only a very small chance any one of us will know one of the dead so far. 

So the disease is in fact trivial ........ and the whole world has thrown their economies away for nothing?

Seems a little unlikely!

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stretch2480 said:

Lol why would the western media bother there’s enough for them to bicker about in their own countries. I’m working in Afghanistan and the numbers here that are reported are astonishingly good lol maybe that’s because there’s no 1 here who can actually confirm. Same with a lot of under developed countries all fictitious figures no actual facts.

Are you comparing the healtcare state of Thailand towards the healthcare state of Thailand?

You do realize that Thailand is in the top 10 of best Healthcare in the world. People are astonished that Thais are doing so good, but I rather be taking care in the healthcare system in Thailand than the <deleted>ty NHS.

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

This forum is frequented by the oldest, laziest, fattest alcoholics in the world ...

I take offense to that...

I do consider myself a quite fit alcoholic...

Edited by Eibot
spelling.
  • Haha 2

I could not find the corresponding data for Thailand.
For example, in Malaysia on Monday 9,111 tests were reported, of which 70 were positive.  The positives include all the referrals from private hospitals or clinics, but the negatives do not; so for example our project has mandated universal testing before returning to work and referred 6 positive cases (most or all of whom were asymptomatic), out of somewhere in the region of 3,000 - 5,000, I believe.

Of the 6,726 positive cases up till Monday, a large number (many hundreds) have been picked up during 100% testing at full lock-down locations, where a section of town is completely closed and isolated with barbed wire, and 100% testing is carried out.

The actual number of cases obviously depends on how many tests are carried out, and also how those tests are focussed; given that the MOH focusses on areas of high risk, contact tracing, airport repatriations and those with symptoms, I think that they are doing a pretty good job, and I am comfortable that the country will cope with the upcoming surge at Hari Raya.  I don't feel at great risk, since the four suburbs near me have all reported zero cases since detailed district reports started being issued.

50 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

This forum is frequented by the oldest, laziest, unhealthiest, fattest alcoholics in the world ... why are none of us dead?

Where do you get your information regarding those who frequent this forum? Many are Thai trolls - you can always tell by their standard of written English. OK, the remainder are farang bar stool jockeys.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, condobrit001 said:

Where do you get your information regarding those who frequent this forum? Many are Thai trolls - you can always tell by their standard of written English. OK, the remainder are farang bar stool jockeys.

I guess I am sitting on my Bar Stool being a jockey, since I am not a Thai troll...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, drbeach said:

Thailand has tested PLENTY of people, more than 200,000. Look at the Corona virus meter website. If you want to be suspicious of any governments ask yourself why Laos and Cambodia have only managed a paltry 19 and 122 cases, with no new cases in several weeks, respectively. It's because the former has only performed 3500 tests and the latter about 14000. If they tested 10 times more, dozens of new cases would surely appear.

As far as I'm concerned, Thailand and Vietnam have done all they have been asked to do during this crisis. Meanwhile, Laos and Cambodia kind of don't want to take part. And I'm not the only one thinking this. Channel One 31's news host questioned why Laos (back in late March I think it was) had recorded zero cases. He later had to make an apology to the Lao embassy. Of course this was just a face saving exercise but the truth is, there are many discrepancies with this whole virus situation, especially odd is what's happening in neighboring countries.

Actually all the countries in this area, including many provinces of China, have very few or zero deaths. I reckon >99.9% of the people in this area do not react the same way to Covid-19 as people in Europe and North America. People here have been living alongside the many kinds of coronavirus for tens of thousands of years. Think of Darwin and genetics.  

1 hour ago, Eibot said:

Are you comparing the healtcare state of Thailand towards the healthcare state of Thailand?

You do realize that Thailand is in the top 10 of best Healthcare in the world. People are astonished that Thais are doing so good, but I rather be taking care in the healthcare system in Thailand than the <deleted>ty NHS.

What complete and utter nonsense. You obviously have no clue what you are talking about. Thailand has some excellent healthcare, no doubt, but ALL of them in the private sector.

The government hospitals are absolutely not the best healthcare in the world.

Comparing the UK National Health to extremely expensive, private healthcare in Thailand is not a level playing field. However if you compare the UK NHS to the same in Thailand there is absolutely zero comparison. The NHS is a fantastic service that is far, far better then the Thai government hospitals, the best example in the world today of free healthcare to everyone no matter how rich or poor. The private hospitals may be closer but for me I would rather pop down to Harley Street in London if I were looking for the best healthcare then Bangkok General. 

In summary you can get good medical care in Thailand if your pockets are deep enough or your insurance covers it. if not you are at the mercy of not much better then a Victorian abattoir. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JungleBiker said:

Actually all the countries in this area, including many provinces of China, have very few or zero deaths. I reckon >99.9% of the people in this area do not react the same way to Covid-19 as people in Europe and North America. People here have been living alongside the many kinds of coronavirus for tens of thousands of years. Think of Darwin and genetics.  

Personally I think the low deaths data is down to the age groups of those who have caught the virus in Thailand. Much younger overall than in Europe and better able to cope with the effects. Highest risks of catching the virus here have been in the 20 to 40 age groups

2 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

20,000 deaths from pneumonia in the whole of 2019 and already 12,000 after 4 months

Add bkk and other associated deaths that were actually whu flu and a cover-up is emerging!

Whatever you say, whatever you say....  :coffee1:

• Confused 1