Who pays

mrloy99

I was getting a load sand delivered and when tipping he caught the overhead wires and pulled the neighbors power pole out of shape and severed several strands of the supply cable to the next but one's houses supply cable..on the metered side.. Surly the drivers company has to pay? My wife seems to think I have to pay... Any thoughts? 

The tipping was supposedly controlled by drivers assistant who was holding up a couple of the overhead cables crossing our property,but there was one that he missed or fell off the holdup stick and caught the truck...There was other damage too.probably in the region of 5 000bt to the neighbours property..I can see both sides of the argument....The truck wasn't wholly outside....partly inside....And I have had to pay out before when a motorcycle crashed into me when our car had broken down on the verge and was stationary...(i'm supposed to have put up a warning triangle(i thought these were for use in Europe only)

Had a guy delivering soil clip my GF's gate so it wouldn't close properly. Welder came round to fix it the next day, 150 baht. No big deal.

2 metres of soil for 150 baht as well? Twice that price in CM.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

I don't know.

Was advised a long time ago that any traffic accident no matter what is your fault.

Why? Because you are here.  If you were not here it would not have happened.

Seems to be supported by some I know who have been in accidents.

So, you called for the sand and should have been present to control the tipping.

Due to these factors, the fault will be yours.

Your wife seems to understand the Thai thinking on these issues.

Not saying any of it is right, just the way it is.

Agreed, "YOU PAY YOU PAY" and thats the way....No logic, no argument...

My GF banged the car without me, my Farang neibor warned me not go there as it will be me that will have to pay...  Another....  a dispute about something stupid (I ran over a wok on the road..) never got out of the car, the GF argued with them.. ended up at the copshop.. the wok owner sat in the copshop playing his vids of a pump action cocking and firing and glaring at me.. anyways.. the cop assistant asked me if I was ready to pay cash...  I said no, am waiting for my lawyer and I want all names behind the desk including yours.. she said no, she dont want to go to court.. then asked me if I had a permit for my gun.... I went home.. what can one say to such stupidity and brainless talk?

Edited by Seeall
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, mrloy99 said:

Surly the drivers company has to pay? My wife seems to think I have to pay... Any thoughts? 

In my experience delivery company pays.

Just ring PEA and as said say " You came home and found it like this assuming the neighbour didn't notice".  

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

If you call at taxi and it has a crash outside your house while on the way to pick you up, is it your fault? [for the above poster bkk6060 - of course it isn't].

If you order some Tesco's groceries and the delivery van has a crash outside your house while delivering your food, is it your fault? [for the above poster bkk660 - of course it isn't].

If you order Pizza and the delivery rider comes off his motorcycle in front of your house while delivering your pizza, is it your fault? [for the above poster bkk660 - of course it isn't].

Now sure what your beer bars have to do with it but yes, thanks Rich good you understand how things work here. ????

Edited by bkk6060
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

In my experience delivery company pays.

Just ring PEA and as said say " You came home and found it like this assuming the neighbour didn't notice".  

Private pole. Not pea. 

On 5/14/2020 at 8:37 PM, richard_smith237 said:

If you order Pizza and the delivery rider comes off his motorcycle in front of your house while delivering your pizza, is it your fault? [for the above poster bkk660 - of course it

Is my prized Brownred attacking said delivery rider? If so i think that I would be at fault.

On 5/14/2020 at 6:16 PM, Lacessit said:

Had a guy delivering soil clip my GF's gate so it wouldn't close properly. Welder came round to fix it the next day, 150 baht. No big deal.

2 metres of soil for 150 baht as well? Twice that price in CM.

Seen off again. Where I am I can get 2 cubic meters of soil for that price. Two meters wouldn't fill a crack.????

On 5/14/2020 at 8:21 PM, bkk6060 said:

I don't know.

Was advised a long time ago that any traffic accident no matter what is your fault.

Why? Because you are here.  If you were not here it would not have happened.

Seems to be supported by some I know who have been in accidents.

So, you called for the sand and should have been present to control the tipping.

Due to these factors, the fault will be yours.

Your wife seems to understand the Thai thinking on these issues.

Not saying any of it is right, just the way it is.

"Your wife seems to understand the Thai thinking on these issues.

Not saying any of it is right, just the way it is.'

True, it's normal to completely avoid anything which even slightly looks like confrontation, to avoid negotiations with neighbors, and with anybody.

• "
  • Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 2:14 PM, mrloy99 said:

Private pole. Not pea. 

We were having extensions done recently when the cement truck brought down the power pole. Found out later that we owned the pole, not PEA. The builder knew it was the drivers fault but did not want to get him into trouble so we agreed to replace the pole 50/50 between the builder and us. 2800 baht for a new pole and the builder did the connections.