Customer’s COVID-19 screening at 7-Eleven goes horribly wrong

Explain me the point of measuring the temperature.

* If a person is infected, the virus may be in the incubation perion - 14 days, or some say up to 21 days, hence the temperature will be normal.

* Or a person may not exhibit any symptoms at all, even if they're ill and 14-21 days have passed.

* Or only mild ones.

* Or a person may be ill with something else.

Outcome: next to no point.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

How about a basic first aid course. Sit the lady down, get a bottle of water, and wash out her eyes............

Also, as poster above says...........boredom.............rotate the duty every 15 minutes or so........

Scrap it it's a useless waste of  time detects  nothing, temp measuring  inacurate and those girls have those masks  up and down like yoyo's

• Like 1

Well, explains possibly, why they wanted to take my temperature and spatting this terrible gel stuff on me on my way LEAVING the store .........

Thailand is in total overdrive. Apart from all this, they put up white pipe frames with some plastic foil, huge canvasses. Some of them get blown off the shelf/counter and those who remain make sure, that either the staff or the customer talks at the side of those panels as you cannot understand the mumbling with the face mask and a bouncing plastic sheet. 

Congratulations - a really new way of going through an, arguably highly contagious, influenza ......

1 hour ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Oh for God’s sake, what a little baby! I’ve been pepper sprayed and CS Gas’d as part of my military training, getting some sanitizer in the eye is NOTHING. She’s being dramatic, it maybe stings for a moment and then evaporates. It’s like getting some citrus in your eye, it stings for a moment and then it’s gone.

ok Rambo. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Did the gassing and pepper spraying happen while you were free-falling from a great height during your SAS training ????

That's nothing, for my SAS training I was blown up with a frag grenade and shot in the head with a an assault rifle.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GAZZPA said:

That's nothing, for my SAS training I was blown up with a frag grenade and shot in the head with a an assault rifle.

That's nothing compared to my Aunt Mary's SAS tales.

She was in the SAS and dropped behind enemy lines by parachute.

She had a machine gun, knife and a canteen of whiskey.

On her way down she was ambushed by 30 soldiers.

As bullets whizzed all around her, she didn't think she'd make it, so drank the canteen of whiskey.

She landed, lifted her machine gun and shot 23 enemy before running out of ammunition.

She then killed another 5 with her knife before it broke.

She killed the last 2 in hand to hand combat.

The moral of the tale;

Don't f¬¬¬ with my Aunty Mary when she's had a drink!      :sorry:

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Haha 1

This reminds me of a scene in some silly movie I saw...

An asthmatic assassin is ready to do in his target.  He unthinkingly sprays his atomizer at his victim, then puts the gun in his mouth...boom!

Hey, it could happen!

Went in the 7/11 this morning, the kid virtually stuck the gun to my temple like he was gonna off me then came out with the unbelievable result of 37.5 !  No no sunshine, stand back and try again, 35.5...... Jesus i thought i was going to get a million press ups then marched off to the gulag....... What do you expect, you only need a degree to work in the 7, for actual intelligence you need a masters......or something approaching the Thai version of Tesla........   Sorry for the lady, that hurts.......  

I tell them, "TWO METERS!!!!!!"   

none of this stuff matters, EXCEPT maybe it will prevent people going out when they have a fever, which I guess would help if i believed they would stay home.  

a few times they see me, the farang, and they don't even want to approach me.  so i speak thai and i get my prostate checked...

wait... what???  

On 5/15/2020 at 5:26 PM, RickBradford said:

Soon, it will be cool to wear the shields back to front, like the baseball cap nimrods do.

No, proper imitation of American hiphop cretins is about 45º sideways. Backwards is so 1940s. I'm American by the way, but guess what, I'm here.

On 5/15/2020 at 5:49 PM, bkk6060 said:

?

A bit uninformed and judgmental.

Many of them are students and that is their first job.

Basically kids who can make a mistake.

They are not stupid, just inexperienced.

Most of them went through Thai schools, where blind acceptance of stupidity is ingrained.

On 5/15/2020 at 5:24 PM, AhFarangJa said:

How about a basic first aid course. Sit the lady down, get a bottle of water, and wash out her eyes............

Also, as poster above says...........boredom.............rotate the duty every 15 minutes or so........

Or just ditch this whole waste of time and money.

Almost 70 million people and 55 mostly older individuals have died of this virus.  Literally one in a million.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 5:18 PM, metisdead said:

To top it off, the employee isn't even wearing that face shield properly.  I've noticed that more than a couple of times in my visits to the stores that are open.  

Do you see that she wears a face shield + a mask ?
Most important here seems to be complaining about anybody and anything.

On 5/15/2020 at 5:31 PM, darksidedog said:

Bound to happen sooner or later. Earlier today when I went to a 7/11 the guy was just inside to the right and out of sight as you enter. Appeared out of nowhere far right of my vision and I thought I was going to be shot in the head for a moment.

Well. That would certainly end any virus threat you represented. 

????

17 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

After walking ten miles thru the snow uphill I bet! 

Really folks, an easy mistake to spray cleanser in someone's eyes ? Too much time on the "smart" phone. There's no excuse and the whole silly regimen accomplishes nothing. Looks to me like the lady was going straight to the weenies anyway. As for me I walk in and fake a sneeze (kind of test to see if they're still breathing) Most of em can't break loose from their stupid smart phones....Maybe there's an App for that ...hehe

• Haha 1

On 5/15/2020 at 5:58 PM, Oldie said:

Sorry - but if you can't even do such a simple job correctly... 

On 5/15/2020 at 5:58 PM, Oldie said:

Sorry - but if you can't even do such a simple job correctly... 

I bought two items at 100baht & 10 baht  a calculator was used to get the total  !!

• Haha 1

I feel sorry for both of them. Blink reaction would have negated most of the effect and the poor girl who's momentary lapse caused it must be quite upset over it.

She must be devastated as well over 8 pages of comment devoted to her that she will never see.

Lmao, even if your qualification is a photoshop editor, you need to go through a basic training course where you’re going to experience bad things, one of which is being in a crowded room and breathe in riot-control substances like pepper spray and gas grenade fumes. 

I never claimed to be a badass spec ops, I’m just saying that a bit of sanitizer in the eyeball is nothing to cry about it. It’s no worse than a squirt of lemon.