Flying from Europe????

Hooper360

I don't think anyone could possibly know. But with these second waves of illnesses appearing, I think it's fair to say that it's months away, and even then it won't be like it was, immigration at the airport are gonna want paperwork out the wazoo no doubt.

Edited by SteveK
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Hooper360 said:

Does anyone know when flights are expected to return just read people getting refunded for EVA flights mid June from London 

I'm stuck in the UK, I think chances of me getting back to renew my retirement in January are not looking good

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Just come off skyscanner uk looking for flights sept-oct....nothing.

I've just done the same and loads of flights showing, LON to BKK and BKK to LON. Whether it happens is another story.

Edited by tribalfusion001

How longs a piece of string my wife went to the U.K. to see our new born grandson just before this Corona she is now had 3 cancellations on her return flight plus there is no way in hell she can get a medical certificate to say she is virus free or get a $100,000 insurance that states you are covered by Corona so even if flights were resumed next week unless you can meet the Thai health requirements you won’t be allowed to board the aircraft . I will be extremely lucky if I see her before October/ November this year as things stand . She had to see her doctor last week which involved a pretty arranged appointment once she got to the practice car park she then had to phone to say she was there she then had to wait in the car for the doctor to come and collect her he was dressed from head to toe in PPE he then took her into the clinic for her health issue most appointments are done by video conference they only allow you to the clinic if it’s really necessary.

Been trying to get my wife and I home to the states, three days ago Eva was showing flights resuming from BKK after the end of this month, checked today and they show the suspension of their services to and from BKK has been extended until June 15. Makes me wonder of the Thai Gov. is giving off signals maybe that they aren't going to lift the ban on incoming Intl' flights until mid June?

Really hard to find info on this stuff online.

Edited by Lee4Life
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I'm stuck in the UK, I think chances of me getting back to renew my retirement in January are not looking good

If you're really desperate you could try going by a cargo ship (probably a container vessel). Not cheap or fast, but they are much less likely to be cancelled at random than a flight.

https://www.cargoshipvoyages.com/

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SteveK said:

I don't think anyone could possibly know. But with these second waves of illnesses appearing, I think it's fair to say that it's months away, and even then it won't be like it was, immigration at the airport are gonna want paperwork out the wazoo no doubt.

miss the frauleines

Edited by malibukid

36 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

Anything you read here is puAndre speculation. Only governments and airlines know, and we the public will be told with limited advance notice. Speculation is a waste of time.

And when they've changed their policy and you've bought your ticket, they'll might just change their policy back again the very next day. Or hour.  

• Like 1

Eva were doing 2 a week or something like that and ba were due to do direct Bkk to lhr around June 5th . I was going to go this month to London but ba cancelled all flight from Bkk direct . Waiting to see if June is running .

7 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

And when they've changed their policy and you've bought your ticket, they'll might just change their policy back again the very next day. Or hour.  

And then this time there may possibly be no refunds, so your just SOOL

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

It has always appeared like the Thais prefer chinese and other asians. This is like a dream come true to them, kind of legit way to ban falang.

I personally believe you have "hit the nail on the head"!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

France has just announced that the French can go on holidays in July and August, in France and the French Caribbean. Which obviously means there are no long haul flights except the above. I didn’t hear mention of French Polynesia which might interest me for later. Otherwise, for the moment , we are not allowed to go further than 100 Kms  from our home. 

My normal flight itinerary is Dublin /Doha and return with Qatar . I look at Flightradar24 to see if flights have actually happened as schedules and for sure Qatar are still flying the route every couple of days without cancellation .How is this possible when we are not supposed to be allowed into Thailand I wonder . Could be repatriations but it’s unlikely many taking place still . I would welcome your comments . Now missing my “go to” lady in Bangkok very much. 

Edited by terryofcrete

8 minutes ago, terryofcrete said:

My normal flight itinerary is Dublin /Doha and return with Qatar . I look at Flightradar24 to see if flights have actually happened as schedules and for sure Qatar are still flying the route every couple of days without cancellation .How is this possible when we are not supposed to be allowed into Thailand I wonder . Could be repatriations but it’s unlikely many taking place still . I would welcome your comments . Now missing my “go to” lady in Bangkok very much. 

Thailand accepts 200 Thai citizens per day to return home. There's a queue of 1000s trying to get back. Why only 200 per day when there are flights operating? And to claim limited quaranten resources is just ridiculous with 1000s of empty hotels. And limited healthcare with 0 cases per day? What's the problem?

Why not let anyone who wish to enter Thailand do so on their own expenses with tests, quaranten etc. Would help ailing airlines, hotels and more.

I noticed yesterday that THAI Airways have quietly been running TG916/TG917 quite frequently to/from LHR since 3rd May. I'm a bit pee'd off that THAI didn't advise me as they told me earliest from BKK to LHR was 1st July but no point in going back "home" to London anyway as F'all to do with no work. May as well be in LOS at least we do have more freedom here (compared to UK).

FWIW: Thai nationals should be able to access TG917 to return to Thailand - worth checking it out if anyone has spouses stuck in UK/Europe. Not sure how long THAI Airways intend to run these flights.

image.png.e1009c550025e5255eaf261c962f97c4.png

45 minutes ago, terryofcrete said:

I booked a flight last year with Qatar flying from Bangkok to the UK on the 25 August returning on the 18 September 
I was advised last week that the flights have been cancelled

"BREAKING: The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand has just extended the ban on international passenger planes landing in #Thailand to 30 June 2020. This now means that the earliest foreigners can come to Thailand is in July. Presuming that is they don’t extend the ban again."

Just spotted this from R Barrows.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Phuket had hoped to open its airport starting tomorrow, but the government shut that down. Unknown at this point when any international flights will evolve.

Opening Phuket airport or not has nothing to do with International flights.

6 minutes ago, vogie said:

"BREAKING: The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand has just extended the ban on international passenger planes landing in #Thailand to 30 June 2020. This now means that the earliest foreigners can come to Thailand is in July. Presuming that is they don’t extend the ban again."

Just spotted this from R Barrows.

Breaking news? This is old news. 

• Confused 2