Flying from Europe????

Hooper360

43 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Thailand accepts 200 Thai citizens per day to return home. There's a queue of 1000s trying to get back. Why only 200 per day when there are flights operating? And to claim limited quaranten resources is just ridiculous with 1000s of empty hotels. And limited healthcare with 0 cases per day? What's the problem?

Why not let anyone who wish to enter Thailand do so on their own expenses with tests, quaranten etc. Would help ailing airlines, hotels and more.

Because they go straight to quarantine and there can't be too many.  That's why.  

One day you will be able to come to Thailand.  When you do, the plane will be 1/2 full as they will have the safety protocols firmly in place coming and going.  Consequently, your ticket price will be much much much higher than it is now.  Experts say 2X more.  

The real question that you should ask yourself is:

1)  When is my country going to allow me to travel.

2)  What will the consequences of travel be when I return.

3)  What are the consequences of arriving at my destination

4)  Health Insurance which you must buy, how much in a pandemic world?

You won't have to worry too much about these numbers - the rest of the world is shuttering airlines for years, getting rid of tens of thousands of staff who are not being called back.  

In my opinion, no first world country will allow you to travel with the current threat level for tourist purposes.   

24 minutes ago, vogie said:

"BREAKING: The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand has just extended the ban on international passenger planes landing in #Thailand to 30 June 2020. This now means that the earliest foreigners can come to Thailand is in July. Presuming that is they don’t extend the ban again."

Just spotted this from R Barrows.

They are still repatriating Thai's with 1000's waiting to come back, so safe to assume no international tourist flights for a while yet. Why would you repatriate your own citizens and quarantine them, then allow tourists back in the month after ie July. I think October is a maybe, but there won't be much left of the tourist resorts left open.

2 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

It has always appeared like the Thais prefer chinese and other asians. This is like a dream come true to them, kind of legit way to ban falang.

I think Europeans in their countries prefer ole whitey tourists to Asians...pretty much same same....makes sense for Thailand to target their neighbours with a similar culture...xenaophobic, possibly but certainly sensible for business.

29 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Opening Phuket airport or not has nothing to do with International flights.

@ThailandRyan only said "Unknown at this point when any international flights will evolve."

Who would want to go into Phuket anyway? Any repatriations would be better served from Bangkok anyhow. Phuket had a high number of infections so jusifiably should remain isolated. A shame for the residents there

5 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

They are still repatriating Thai's with 1000's waiting to come back, so safe to assume no international tourist flights for a while yet. Why would you repatriate your own citizens and quarantine them, then allow tourists back in the month after ie July. I think October is a maybe, but there won't be much left of the tourist resorts left open.

An agent at Thai contact centre did mention something about 27th October the last time (after 4 cancellations) they re-booked my Thai Airways flight. Who knows what the reality will be?

Latest news is no international flights to Thailand before July , and that will possibly be extended. Hotels are preparing for things starting again around October. I think that sounds more realistic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pi2005ni said:

Latest news is no international flights to Thailand before July , and that will possibly be extended. Hotels are preparing for things starting again around October. I think that sounds more realistic.

Things will look very different in the tourist resorts by October if no new foreign arrivals.

8 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

I noticed yesterday that THAI Airways have quietly been running TG916/TG917 quite frequently to/from LHR since 3rd May. I'm a bit pee'd off that THAI didn't advise me as they told me earliest from BKK to LHR was 1st July but no point in going back "home" to London anyway as F'all to do with no work. May as well be in LOS at least we do have more freedom here (compared to UK).

FWIW: Thai nationals should be able to access TG917 to return to Thailand - worth checking it out if anyone has spouses stuck in UK/Europe. Not sure how long THAI Airways intend to run these flights.

image.png.e1009c550025e5255eaf261c962f97c4.png

Cargo.  No passengers.

13 hours ago, Lee4Life said:

Been trying to get my wife and I home to the states, three days ago Eva was showing flights resuming from BKK after the end of this month, checked today and they show the suspension of their services to and from BKK has been extended until June 15. Makes me wonder of the Thai Gov. is giving off signals maybe that they aren't going to lift the ban on incoming Intl' flights until mid June?

Really hard to find info on this stuff online.

Thai Embassy just released no international flights in June. Thai Air is trying to restart July 1st... Wife stuck in states... Wait an see if Thai Air has any success in restarting flights..

I think it will be a gradual opening for inbound flights to Thailand . Only flights from countries that have defeated the covid 19 virus will be admitted .  Possible virus test certs for all before departure . Direct flights only thus avoiding exposure at stop over airports . 

Having said that there are top scientists saying that the virus will not disappear and we will have to learn to live with it until either a vaccine or cure is found . Could be a long haul , hope I am wrong .

On 5/16/2020 at 1:18 PM, baansgr said:

I think Europeans in their countries prefer ole whitey tourists to Asians...pretty much same same....makes sense for Thailand to target their neighbours with a similar culture...xenaophobic, possibly but certainly sensible for business.

This could start a whole new thread "do whiteys in Asia prefer Europeans or Asians?"  

On 5/16/2020 at 2:11 PM, DaRoadrunner said:

Logic says it will be possible to fly OUT before anyone can fly IN.

Roadrunner is interested in Bangkok to Germany. Anyone got information? Danke!

Fewer and fewer farangs in LOS...

On 5/16/2020 at 8:17 AM, Guderian said:

If you're really desperate you could try going by a cargo ship (probably a container vessel). Not cheap or fast, but they are much less likely to be cancelled at random than a flight.

https://www.cargoshipvoyages.com/

PLEASE NOTE:

++ 11 May update ++

COVID-19 HAS CAUSED THE SUSPENSION OF PASSENGER CARRYING ON CARGO VESSELS UNTIL VERY EARLIEST END JULY 2020.

CMA CGM HAS ALREADY DEFERRED NEW VOYAGE BOOKINGS UNTIL THE END OF AUGUST 2020 (EARLIEST).

NEW ENQUIRIES FOR TRAVEL ARE MOST WELCOME, THOUGH WE DO EXPECT SUSPENSIONS TO GO ON UNTIL AT LEAST Q4 2020.

https://www.cargoshipvoyages.com/

Good idea but currently suspended.