"virtue Never Can Be Bought"...planned Propaganda Against Thaksin Regime

LaoPo

EDITORIAL

Virtue never can be bought

"For a regime that promised transparency and accountability, the ruling Council for National Security (CNS) has showed little of either. Like a dentist pulling teeth, the media and citizens' groups have slowly been prying out details on some very questionable operations. "

Source:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/16Apr2007_news17.php

ps: maybe this article was published elsewhere on TV, but I couldn't find it.

LaoPo

Leaked documents, for example, claim that the military felt it could buy off ''third parties including local and international media networks, both publicly and secretly''.

What world are they living in? Unbe######ingleavable! :o

The scary part is that Gen. Saprang has more than good chances to become next Army Chief.

EDITORIAL

At the centre of the purloined papers is a familiar figure: CNS Assistant Army chief and CNS deputy secretary-general Saprang Kalayanamitr. Just over a month ago, Gen Saprang was on the front pages after his seven-million-baht European tour. Unsurprisingly, neither he, his superiors nor the military-appointed government have accounted for that trip. Now, Gen Saprang's younger brother Chianchuang has turned up as the head of the secret, 12-million-baht propaganda effort.

Source:

LaoPo

:o Gen. Saprang...."..after his seven-million-baht European tour" :D ...and now his brother is the head of the secret 12 million baht propaganda scheme.

What's worrying is, that the CNS and interim-goverment have their mouths full of previous corruption...

"l'Histoire se repete' Napolean said: History -always- repeats itself.

LaoPo

"Won't Get Fooled Again" Lyrics

Artist(Band):The Who

Review The Song (8) Print the Lyrics

We'll be fighting in the streets

With our children at our feet

And the morals that they worship will be gone

And the men who spurred us on

Sit in judgement of all wrong

They decide and the shotgun sings the song

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution

Take a bow for the new revolution

Smile and grin at the change all around

Pick up my guitar and play

Just like yesterday

Then I'll get on my knees and pray

We don't get fooled again

The change, it had to come

We knew it all along

We were liberated from the foe, that' all

And the world looks just the same

And history ain't changed

'Cause the banners, they all flown in the last war

Just like yesterday

No, no!

I'll move myself and my family aside

If we happen to be left half alive

I'll get all my papers and smile at the sky

For I know that the hypnotized never lie

Do ya?

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

There's nothing in the street

Looks any different to me

And the slogans are replaced, by-the-bye

And the parting on the left

Is now the parting on the right

And the beards have all grown longer overnight

Just like yesterday

Don't get fooled again

No, no!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Meet the new boss

Same as the old boss

Review about Won't Get Fooled Again

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An old Classic with a new relevance | Reviewer: Rahul Sarnaik

------ About the song Won't Get Fooled Again performed by The Who

I first got into the Who in the mid-80s, at a time when they were being written off by all the trendy music critics of the day. But this song, and the others from the WHO'S NEXT album, made me realise what a ground-breaking and innovative band they were. Don't bother listening to the savagely truncated 3-minute version of WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN that was released as a single. Instead, put on teh full-length version from the album, sit back in your chair, and enjoy. It's furious, aggressive, bombastic, but something else besides. And it still sounds fresh and dynamic today. Right now, when politics has descended into even more cynicism and self-interest than in the much-despised 80s, this track sums it all up. Go and persuade all your friends to listen and be converted.

The greatest rock tune ever. Beats all pop charts, beats all billboards at the time and nowadays. Rogers scream makes me wanna scream too. Power, rebel and energyful. No words can describe this song.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Won't Get Fooled Again | Reviewer: KGB

This classic sports the greatest scream in the history of rock and roll. Personally, I think it ranks up with Stairway, The Wall, and can hold its own against almost any other classic.

23 years from the first time ... | Reviewer: nacho

When I was fifteen this song changes my most difficult summer. It transforms that hel_l in to a marvellous days. "Won't Get Fooled Again" makes my blood fleed different. Now I'm 37 years old and I keep loving this song as much as in 1984. Tonight ... I've need to listen it again, as _every_weeks_ from the first time. Thank you to the band which make me the misfit I am. Thanks for all.

EDITORIAL

"For a regime that promised transparency and accountability, the ruling Council for National Security (CNS) has showed little of either. Like a dentist pulling teeth, the media and citizens' groups have slowly been prying out details on some very questionable operations. "

Source:

ps: maybe this article was published elsewhere on TV, but I couldn't find it.

LaoPo

"http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/16Apr2007_news17.php"

it seems that a tooth has been pulled already! No way of opening!?

I'd like to read this article. The "link" doesn't work. And it's been edited into oblivion here. Anyone have another link to it?

As we are not allowed to fully quote Bangkok Post articles, here the most significant passage:

The latest questionable project unearthed is a planned propaganda campaign against the deposed Thaksin Shinawatra regime. The documents first surfaced on a Thaksin-friendly website, but quickly were copied and under close scrutiny on Bangkok-based Internet chatrooms.

The CNS went through the tiring ritual of an embarrassed junta unable to keep its own secrets. First came denial; the papers were a forgery. Then came anger; someone must pay for stealing secret documents, and websites hosting discussions might have to be closed.

Then came PR management attempts; the papers were just normal routine for a new regime worried about a Thaksin comeback.

It now is clear that the documents, stolen or not, are authentic. They detail a shocking effort to secretly use 12 million baht to buy or rent some of the country's most influential voices in a partisan political campaign manipulated by the military. They claim to have lined up several leading politicians and academics to attack Thai Rak Thai and the Thaksin circle _ not out of conviction that it was best for the country, but for a share of the 12 million baht. One is torn between what is the sadder military claim: That influential voices can be bought, or that they can be bought so cheaply.

At the centre of the purloined papers is a familiar figure: CNS Assistant Army chief and CNS deputy secretary-general Saprang Kalayanamitr. Just over a month ago, Gen Saprang was on the front pages after his seven-million-baht European tour. Unsurprisingly, neither he, his superiors nor the military-appointed government have accounted for that trip. Now, Gen Saprang's younger brother Chianchuang has turned up as the head of the secret, 12-million-baht propaganda effort.

and another one:
And there is much about the overall plan that is still unknown, let alone the details. Leaked documents, for example, claim that the military felt it could buy off ''third parties including local and international media networks, both publicly and secretly''.

I'm not commenting; Thaivisa has to be careful with political discussion. Simple as that. ThaiVisa rightly wants to stay around and presumably most of us want it around. So actual political discussions will have to wait for the time being. (What's the point of discussing it here if the topic gets locked at any time or certain posts are removed.. So I'll discuss politics in the pub. :o

ColPyat and Slimdog:

Thanks fellows. Interesting article. None of it surprises me. And Colonel, there's probably a good reason why more people aren't jumping into the fray and commenting on the article. Fear, possibly?

Somewhat true, and so is Chanchao's post.

Nevertheless, our single minded anti Thaksin posters never have seemed to let 'fear' stop them from commenting on Thaksin's evildoings. :o

EDITORIAL

Source:

Reason for edit: Long BP quotes are not allowed. - lopburi3

Has thaivisa now changed their Bangkok Post policy to allow long quotes after the initial posting? :

:o

I'd like to read this article. The "link" doesn't work. And it's been edited into oblivion here. Anyone have another link to it?

As we are not allowed to fully quote Bangkok Post articles, here the most significant passage:

The latest questionable project unearthed is a planned propaganda campaign against the deposed Thaksin Shinawatra regime. The documents first surfaced on a Thaksin-friendly website, but quickly were copied and under close scrutiny on Bangkok-based Internet chatrooms.

The CNS went through the tiring ritual of an embarrassed junta unable to keep its own secrets. First came denial; the papers were a forgery. Then came anger; someone must pay for stealing secret documents, and websites hosting discussions might have to be closed.

Then came PR management attempts; the papers were just normal routine for a new regime worried about a Thaksin comeback.

It now is clear that the documents, stolen or not, are authentic. They detail a shocking effort to secretly use 12 million baht to buy or rent some of the country's most influential voices in a partisan political campaign manipulated by the military. They claim to have lined up several leading politicians and academics to attack Thai Rak Thai and the Thaksin circle _ not out of conviction that it was best for the country, but for a share of the 12 million baht. One is torn between what is the sadder military claim: That influential voices can be bought, or that they can be bought so cheaply.

and another one:
And there is much about the overall plan that is still unknown, let alone the details. Leaked documents, for example, claim that the military felt it could buy off ''third parties including local and international media networks, both publicly and secretly''.

Edited by sriracha john

Does nobody have anything to say about this?????

:o

Feel free to check my old posts on the subject. You'll find that I was criticized because I said it was wrong to depose a democratically elected leader and even more wrong to throw out the constitution. All I can say is that I TOLD YOU SO!