Ministry hiring 40,000 people on Bt9,000 each to relieve virus burden

webfact

Ministry hiring 40,000 people on Bt9,000 each to relieve virus burden

By The Nation

800_317c93a66ea011b.jpg?v=1589867812

The Ministry of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation is hiring over 40,000 employees to help people affected by Covid-19.

A budget of Bt800 million has been approved to pay employees Bt9,000 a month from July to September after the application process opens in June.

Higher Education Minister Suwit Mesinsee said that the applicant’s age, education and experience will not matter, as the ministry wants to help everyone.

Over 100 organisations nationwide under the Higher Education Ministry are ready to take on employees who show good aptitude.

Anyone interested can contact the office of the Higher Education Ministry's secretary at (02) 610 5330 31.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388115

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-19

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, impulse said:

But preference will be given to family members of the Ministers.  Even those who don't exist.

I doubt that the minister's family members would even get out of bed for B9,000 a month.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Over 100 organisations nationwide under the Higher Education Ministry are ready to take on employees who show good aptitude.

I cannot wait to hear the definition of what good aptitude consists.

21 hours ago, webfact said:

A budget of Bt800 million has been approved to pay employees Bt9,000 a month from July to September after the application process opens in June.

I imagine that most Thais will avoid this if Thailand goes back to normal in July, as this is basically cheap labour for the government at about min wage

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Aptitude test ....

Interviewer - 'Why do you think you should be hired?'

Applicant - 'My uncle is the deputy minister'

Interviewer - 'OK, your hired!'

Applicant - 'I will be working from home, just make sure the money is paid into this account'.

Interviewer - 'No problem, Sir!'

4 hours ago, Solidpoo said:

So they're hiring just for the sake of hiring. This doesnt make any sense to me. 

Get hired for 3 months and then what?

The UK did similar in the recession of the early 80s...good to see the government doing something

9 hours ago, ratcatcher said:
23 hours ago, impulse said:

But preference will be given to family members of the Ministers.  Even those who don't exist.

I doubt that the minister's family members would even get out of bed for B9,000 a month.

The ones that don't exist would.  And what makes you think the others would actually have to show up to collect theirs?

Years ago, I worked at a Sino-USA joint venture where we paid hundreds more people than ever showed up at the factory to work.  Turned out to be relatives of the managers and local officials.  We were also providing them with housing, health care and food, though they never darkened the door of the factory.

Edited by impulse
  • Haha 1