UK announces new post-Brexit global tariff regime

snoop1130

12 minutes ago, transam said:

You reckon, and you a UK bloke trashing the UK....Tut tut...

Have you appeared at Hyde Park Corner....?    ????

Brings back memories - speakers corner - passing a few idle moments listening on the way to the pubs

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

You just don't like the Union that you were born in...

Who the flush has mentioned the UK is superior or special.....WHO......I will tell you ....

YOU..........................????

Well I could see no other reason why you would suggest I was 'trashing' the UK. Please enlighten me then. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, kingdong said:

It certainly will boyo,what about the eus latest one about all the members taking on debt as one?link hard talk was on BBC news 4.30 this morning 21.5.2020

You are claiming a proposal is a solid fact! 

Furthermore, the proposal isn't to amalgamate all of each individual member's debt into one to be shared by all; it covers monies needed to deal with the coronavirus pandemic.

Merkel, Breaking German ‘Taboo,’ Backs Shared E.U. Debt to Tackle Virus

Furthermore, you are ignoring the fact that it is a proposal which, as with all such EU decisions, requires the unanimous approval of the member states' governments.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:
On 5/20/2020 at 8:18 AM, RuamRudy said:

Well go on then, help us understand the tangible benefits. How will our lives improve as a result of brexit, and why, on the cusp of a crisis, is it wise to strike out alone?

Whose lives?

Our lives: British citizens living in the UK.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

So who loses who wins? I'm guessing it's a lose/lose situatiòn or a win/win situation. But what do I know, I'm just a pleb. Hopefully they'll sort it out. I can't see trade embargoes working on either side - we need them, they need us. The other major players, China and The US, are no doubt sitting on the sidelines and licking their chops at this major market potentially being up for grabs. 

7 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Under the common fisheries policy the quota each member state receives is based largely on how much they fished in those areas in the 1970s, before the Common Fisheries Policy came into effect.

At the time, most the UK's fishing industry did not fish in these areas as they were deep sea fishers, fishing mainly around Iceland.

Then in 1976 we lost the cod wars with Iceland.

It was that which devastated the UK fishing industry, not the CFP.

Despite this, and Cummings', Farage's etc. propaganda, the amount of fish caught by the UK in UK waters has been steadily increasing. "The UK’s share of the overall EU fishing catch grew between 2004 and 2014. In 2004 the UK had the fourth largest catch of any EU country at 652,000 tonnes, by 2014 this had grown to 752,000 tonnes and the second largest catch of any country in the EU." (source)

The amount of fish caught by the UK in uk waters has been steadily increasing.i,m sure it has and how much of it has had to be out back due to eu quotas?

• Like 1

On 5/19/2020 at 5:55 PM, snoop1130 said:

The UK will maintain tariffs on products competing with industries such as agriculture, automotive and fishing, and remove levies on 30 billion pounds ($37 billion) worth of imports entering UK supply chains.

wonder how they will deal with the fishing industry as all fishing processing factories are in the EU (France) it will take long time to get it up and running in the UK, I see more and more hurdles to jump

59 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

UK fish stocks are UKs to catch and sell on ..bulgarian factory ships hoover up all the fish at little cost to them and sell them on ..

Wrong: see my post 

Also I have been unable to find any evidence that "bulgarian factory ships hoover up all the fish at little cost to them and sell them on" Indeed, I can find no evidence that the Bulgarian fleet fishes in UK waters at all!

Perhaps you'll provide a source?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, kingdong said:

I,m pointing out that the eu is on the verge collapse,let's see how the members of the eu react to the "proposal" sure they won,t mind making a few financial sacrifices for the honour of being in such an elite organisation,pity it's members leaders don,t entrust their citizens with referendums regarding future membership but sure they know best.

As already pointed out, for this proposal to happen, it will require the unanimous approval of all member governments.

What don't you understand about that?

As a supporter of referendums, no doubt you want Johnson to grant the UK population the desire expressed in the 2019 general election in which 53% of voters voted for parties who promised a referendum on the final deal between the UK and EU. A referendum based on accept the deal or cancel Brexit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1