Does the 1 year marriage visa have a "never dip below X Baht" rule?

On 5/21/2020 at 4:39 PM, ubonjoe said:

They do not sponsor anything. It is actually much less paperwork for them. All they need to do is help with is the proof of income and possibley a copy of the company registration.

I don't see this happening at a school honestly. Also unless this is second year there won't be any more proof than a contract. Even if the routine is more arduous for the B visa they know how to do it. Another issue they may or may not be aware of is that you can quit your job and not lose an hour's sleep over it (400k method,). If a school knows this it's doubtful they'd do this imo. Unwinding a B visa is a major headache. Most schools are not companies. I don't see any upside for the school which can just get the B. Finally as you know minimum is 40k and that covers most schools and agencies in Bangkok. Not the worst of them but most. Upcountry many are looking at < 40k salary.

Having said all that I have had always had success working on O visa based on 400k. I do the visa and the admins are very happy.

Edited by Number 6

10 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

You don't need all the Non B type paperwork to obtain an extension based on marriage.

The only difference is your proof of income paperwork, i.e. Thai Tax receipts as opposed to monthly overseas transfers.

You repeatedly call out Immigration because of your own inadequacies to provide the correct paperwork to qualify for an extension based on marriage.

Do you think I am making it up?  This was just a few months ago at CW.  Thai Tax receipts are NOT enough - though you do need those also. 

Go to CW and try it now, with just your work permit and tax receipts, and tell me how it goes. 

It is doing no favors to tell people things that will lead to dissapointment and a waste of their time, plus a terrible experience for their wife, while calling those with Direct and Recent Experience "inadequate."  I have had Every documented requirement Met every single time. 

Edited by JackThompson