Thai schools  expected to open 1 July, some schools can even open now, source tells Thai media

webfact

Thai schools  expected to open 1 July, some schools can even open now, source tells Thai media

1pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The confusion about the start of the Thai school term continued after an unnamed education ministry source told Daily News that schools in out of the way places might decide to open now.  

That is so long as they have social distancing, masks and lots of hand sanitizer.

The source said that the online learning currently being attempted is a test from May 18th to June 30th.

Schools are expected to reopen on July 1st but if they don't then teachers and administrators will use the experience of the next six weeks to start a proper online learning regime.

The decision to open is up to the government and prevailing conditions.

What has happened so far has been roundly criticized especially as the infrastructure from both the perspective of the schools and individual households is not sufficient to implement the program.

Some children don't even have TVs at home. The source said they could go to a friend's house.

Those with phones could access materials on there.

The online learning now should not be seen as a replacement for class lessons but in addition, said the source. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-20

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, webfact said:

Some children don't even have TVs at home. The source said they could go to a friend's house.

Those with phones could access materials on there.

So laughable, yes they can go to a friends house, what kind of a joke are they trying to make.  Many have no TV's at all, and most look at their phones for news, and keep up to date with social media.  You really think that a parent is going to give their kid the telephone they use daily so the kid can use it for studying...as I said laughable........

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

I remember a previous government went to buy tablets and computers by the truck convoys; some of those computers were to be put into kiddies homes where they did not even have electricity. 

So much to learning curve .......

• Like 2

My daughter was due to start school now, (near 4 years old). But her new school is closed until July.

BUT, the teachers are visiting now the students at home to give them work books and homework even before starting school in July. This happening to others ? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

My daughter was due to start school now, (near 4 years old). But her new school is closed until July.

BUT, the teachers are visiting now the students at home to give them work books and homework even before starting school in July. This happening to others ? 

It isn't happening at my son's school in Khampaeng Phet province. I am quite happy to collect and deliver any workbooks for him and his classmates.

My step daughter will be most upset when university starts. That means she will actually have to get out of her bed and get off theMobile and go to class.Or is that a "pie in the sky" and when she goes to university she still sleeps in and gets on the phone all day. Classes are just a minor distraction lol

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Isn't that a form of gathering?

Of course, how stupid of me not to think about that.  Social distancing required and now a group of students, oh how illegal it would be.....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, billd766 said:

It isn't happening at my son's school in Khampaeng Phet province. I am quite happy to collect and deliver any workbooks for him and his classmates.

We have not heard a word from the kids school here in Bangkok, I am glad I have kept them on their toes with home schooling.  They now know how to count change back, so they do not get ripped off at school by the vendors....lol

• Like 2