Third phase of lockdown easing likely from June 1

webfact

2 hours ago, Brunolem said:

According to the government's lists, almost everything is open, and little remains closed.

But in fact it is not like that.

First, the country itself is not open, since we are still not allowed to travel freely from one province to another.

Then, as already mentioned, schools are not open, which is probably the biggest aberration in a country basically free of the virus.

Then, many beaches and hotels are still closed.

Yes, some hotels are open, but the ones I have contacted are not fully open, either it's the pool, or the gym, or the restaurants that are still not operating...but something is always missing.

Of course, bars, movie theaters and all entertainment places are still closed.

Shopping centers may be open, but when you walk inside, it feels like they are still closed.

While having some of the best covid 19 numbers in the world, Thailand appears to be the country the least in a hurry to reopen, as if its economy didn't matter at all.

There's gonna be hell to pay for such nonchalance...

What on earth are you talking about? Literally everything in my area is open besides bars and massage shops. Places aren’t busy, but normality is slowly resuming 

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

It's not only stupid here...UK at long last starting self qauranteine 8th June....however, fruit pickers...yes fruit pickers from anywhere in the world travelling to UK don't have to....how ludicrous is that

I suppose if they are in a remote place and away from others, all the better

2 hours ago, John CS said:

Problem now , is that even WHO & CDC are nowchanging their guidelines

"Even?" They have ALWAYS changed their "guidelines" (-du jour) at the behest of their puppet master: Jing Ping for the former and Trump for the latter.  A fact many are blissfully ignorant of - and shocked when reality shoves it in their face.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, kenk24 said:

and for good reason I assume... those have been the hot spots where one infected person transmits to 50... and then exponentially from there... 

Yep your right, and accurate in your comment ! Remember the cluster that came out of Lumpini a whole back ! 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Schools are the biggest problem. Social distancing will not be possible and clusters are going to form. Without an effective test & trace network opening them up will create an army of asymptomatic children carriers bringing the virus home from the classes.

Except that with this virus children seem less likely to catch and pass it on. There was an article on the bbc website just yesterday that quoted research saying 50% less likely than adults.

its an issue, but one that has to be dealt with, particularly at secondary school level.

1 hour ago, Ketyo said:

They can open many of those venues behind closed doors like the German's and Koreans. Though obviously Thailand government is about 30 years behind and has not yet entered the modern age.

I know that Prayut is a scared old man with very limited intelligence.

But even he should see that its possible with new technology.

If the people wear masks at the outside bars there would be no problem.

Would the mask act as a filter to take the froth off the beer?

1 hour ago, Jajazazajaja said:

What on earth are you talking about? Literally everything in my area is open besides bars and massage shops. Places aren’t busy, but normality is slowly resuming 

And what is this area?

An area where you can travel freely back and forth to other provinces, where hotels are open with their pools and restaurants, where movie theaters and entertainment places are open, schools are open, in short where life is back to normal???

Edited by Brunolem

6 hours ago, miamiman123 said:

The EP and International schools can’t even get any teachers....so how are they gonna open? 
Government schools have captive WF ....scary 

No idea about EP schools but the international schools are fine and ready to go as soon as they are allowed.  My school is in from Monday making preparations, teachers fully stocked.  All the int schools have been teaching online from Thailand since the lockdown

8 minutes ago, Jajazazajaja said:

there is no evidence that people retain enough antibodies to become immune to this 

There is also no evidence that it will not happen. It's much more likely for it to behave like other diseases of its ilk than not, and will confer short term, 1 to 3 years immunity.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Oldie said:

I am afraid that people started already their own phases. Yesterday at around 8 in the evening at the Tree Town area in Soi Buakhao here in Pattaya - very many hookers standing around without masks (many ladymen), many other people without masks, people with beer bottles sitting around and walking around with their bottles in the hand, people sitting close together in restaurants, etc. At the beginning of the crises I had a bad feeling running around without a mask. Yesterday there I felt the first time stupid to walk around with a mask. 

And your point is?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Grusa said:

You have to admire the sexy bodies and sartorial elegance, the deportment, the smiling faces and general joie de vivre.

Yes lady, it's you I am looking at!

Such a little bloody island with little sunshine!

2 hours ago, Brunolem said:

And what is this area?

An area where you can travel freely back and forth to other provinces, where hotels are open with their pools and restaurants, where movie theaters and entertainment places are open, schools are open, in short where life is back to normal???

Almost. I am now staying at Rayong. My hotel pool is open since 17/May. Nearby beach is open with usual beach chairs and swimmers. Restaurants are all open. It is only 3 hours drive from Bangkok. No check points along the way to and from Bangkok.

22 minutes ago, overt2016 said:

And your point is?

On the one hand they are extremely strict like on the beach and somehow strict like in malls and obviously not strict at all like yesterday evening seen in Soi Buakhao where the people don't have to care much about regulations and laws. Doesn't make sense to me. 

Edited by Oldie

3 hours ago, Traubert said:

Use the ignore list. I did. 

ostrich-head-in-sand-Ostriches-not-stick

Finding any good CCP propaganda in there?

It's obvious schools are a prime spot for community transmission. That's why they are closed.

I get it, people are starting to get cabin fever, they desperately want to get it over with, some even have enough integrity to say ok, it'll cost but can't keep it closed either.

The reason why I point this out all the time is because people are being lulled into false sense of security. And then it'll be again a knee-jerk lockdown because of it. Rinse and repeat. Unless an effective test & tracing network is built, but usurpers seem incapable. To me it looks like Thailand has capable doctors, but their efforts and wishes are being blocked by the "government" that drives their own corrupt political agendas. That's what will cause the coup-like never ending cycle of lockdowns.

I'll also put this here, again: https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-learning-how-to-dance-b8420170203e

Edited by DrTuner
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Oldie said:

I am afraid that people started already their own phases. Yesterday at around 8 in the evening at the Tree Town area in Soi Buakhao here in Pattaya - very many hookers standing around without masks (many ladymen), many other people without masks, people with beer bottles sitting around and walking around with their bottles in the hand, people sitting close together in restaurants, etc. At the beginning of the crises I had a bad feeling running around without a mask. Yesterday there I felt the first time stupid to walk around with a mask. 

Thanks for the info, know where im off to tonight

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Oldie said:

Back to square one.

Those pining for herd immunity might want to read the latest in Sweden and Spain. Only around 5-10% tested positive for antibodies and you need 60-70%. It's a long way from over. Spanish flu took 15 months, we're looking at same sort of timelines for this one. 

Edited by DrTuner
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Oldie said:

On the one hand they are extremely strict like on the beach and somehow strict like in malls and obviously not strict at all like yesterday evening seen in Soi Buakhao where the people don't have to care much about regulations and laws. Doesn't make sense to me. 

To be fair, it doesn't make sense anywhere in the world. 

In Western Europe, for example, they reopen, schools included, after months of hard lockdown... even though their numbers are still high, far higher than in Thailand and East Asia in general. 

The truth is that the governments are slowly waking up and becoming aware of the economic disaster they have brought upon their countries... so they reopen with the same numbers that led them to close everything two months ago... go figure... 

Meanwhile, Thailand is again doing its best to show that it is "not same", coming up with rules seen nowhere else, just for the sake of it (beaches closed but malls open, gyms where one can use free weights but not machines, schools closed until July, restaurants open but not authorized to serve alcohol, people packed together in the BTS but having to eat at separate tables or behind a screen...) 

• Haha 2