Tears and heartbreak as flight ban keeps farang-Thai families apart

rooster59

48 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

A foreigner allowed entry that has the WuFlu goes onto infect 10 other people..... Yeah I have compassion for those innocently infected.

How about:

A Thai allowed entry that has the WuFlu goes onto infect 10 other people.... Yeah I have compassion for those innocently infected. 

8 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

I have no problems with the way Thailand operates and to be honest I respect it in alot of ways, but where I draw the line is legal family units being second class and different from locals. 

you know we all have the option to leave, right?

i dislikes the majority of thai people perhaps more than most and just ignore them and have very little to do with them but moaning about it will achieve nothing, it is not going to change anything so what's the point?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wiggy said:

How about:

A Thai allowed entry that has the WuFlu goes onto infect 10 other people.... Yeah I have compassion for those innocently infected. 

Thailand allows entry to Thai nationals so your rebuttal is flawed, I feel for those that may be infected due to this.

• Sad 3

1 minute ago, Mama Noodle said:

I actually AM leaving. I had a plan in place to leave yearly 2021 with the wife and kid but then the virus struck, planes were grounded, and global economies crashed... 

but its not 2021 yet, why have your plans been derailed ?

5 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

you know we all have the option to leave, right?

i dislikes the majority of thai people perhaps more than most and just ignore them and have very little to do with them but moaning about it will achieve nothing, it is not going to change anything so what's the point?

Why are you on this discussion forum then? -  Isn't the point of this forum to discuss and express opinions, otherwise we may as well just read the news. Unless of course your point is to express your opinion that there is no point in others expressing their opinions !!!... hmmmm

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

Less people allowed entry equals a reduced chance of further infections.

Which part of this are you struggling with ?

It's you that's struggling to see the whole picture. You must be fun at parties.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cornishcarlos said:
4 minutes ago, mr mr said:

funny people on this thread think that the thai govt cares about them in any way. or that they are important enough for the govt to take notice of. what's even funnier is the same people moaning about a country they were well aware of before moving here. 

There is nothing funny about families being separated.

Adults can cope (to an extent) but children don't understand why they aren't allowed to see their dad/mum !!

ok lets put all of this to rest.

for anyone stuck outside thailand away from their family....

1. what date did you leave thailand ? 

2. what was the reason for leaving thailand ? 

answering those 2 simple questions should clear the water with the majority of people stuck outside. there will be exceptions of course  but it will become painfully clear after people answer.

• Sad 2

35 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

QUARANTINE !!!...   

So you assume every person entering is already infected?

Further, are you aware of temperature etc., checks and if any doubt there's professional testing? 

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

It's you that's struggling to see the whole picture. You must be fun at parties.

Families being put out because they cannot see their loved ones, is that the whole picture ?

Seems to be a minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things.

• Sad 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Why are you on this discussion forum then? -  Isn't the point of this forum to discuss and express opinions, otherwise we may as well just read the news. Unless of course your point is to express your opinion that there is no point in others expressing their opinions !!!... hmmmm

Why not?

A lot are not opinions, only complaints, at least that chap has the balls to do something about it and leave unlike many that just complain.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, stouricks said:
2 hours ago, Don Mega said:

I'd prefer they stay locked out than risk importing the wuFlu.

Do you know that they can TEST to see whether a person has, or has had C19.

Where can you get the test? how long does it take to get result? how accurate is the test?

stourticks - if you wanted a test today, could you get one, would you know where to go to get one?

Additionally, for 'incoming passengers' a Covid-19 free test would be great if available, so why is that no in place already? I assume because the government don't think its reliable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Work commitments, meetings in other countries?

Meetings can be done online.

Find another employer if they insists on international travel for work commitments...... or travel knowing you cannot return (and then don't start crying on social media about it).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 8

1 minute ago, Mama Noodle said:

Um, no, because I still can not leave here even to go to work (where I can not take my family) until I can actually come back to them. 

So plenty of reasons to moan. And please spare us all the "if you don't like it then leave" sh*t. Its old, stale, and boring especially in the middle of a global pandemic. 

See what i mean, moaning is just winding you up, i rest my case.

Anyway i respect your decision to leave ( when you get the chance ), many just continue to bimble on...

3 minutes ago, Wiggy said:

So why risk the chance of increased spreading by allowing anyone to enter? Just saying. 

Imagine the outrage if Thailand refused entry to its own people, Iam sure the idea was tabled though and got voted down !!

• Like 1